Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just comfortably numb!

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

This one is every interesting for the APP fans out there. As you know, much of their original music was orchestral in nature anyway. This one is more "symphonic rock", with guitars/saxaphones etc.

Andrew Powell and the Philharmonia Orchestra - The Best of The Alan Parsons Project

Record.JPG

This (Australian) band has come across my radar several times recently and I received this album as a gift for my birthday this week. I really enjoyed the album.  Some of it was reminiscent of the Commitments.  

The Tesky Brothers, Run Home Slow

E7443666-2E77-4319-8CF1-3A77F160596C.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,

Ayreon, Electric Castle Live. This is my second listen to the 3 LPs since Wednesday, SQ is excellent and the feeling is almost like being at the concert.

1442469946_TheElectricCastleLiveAyreon.jpg.2d2d654822ee17811fb1c7cf1dc16735.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, hlov said:

My audiophile copy of the Crime of the Century

F1808891-2DC5-4350-97F3-AEE8D281DBF3.jpeg

I was going to ask what makes it an audiophile copy and then I looked closely at the pic and it says Audiophile on the jacket.🤪

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I was going to ask what makes it an audiophile copy and then I looked closely at the pic and it says Audiophile on the jacket.🤪

Cheers,

Keith

You are an smart man, apparently there are few albums on that serie, I have a Herb Alpert one. Honestly they sound fantastic

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hlov said:

You are an smart man, apparently there are few albums on that serie, I have a Herb Alpert one. Honestly they sound fantastic

What is the label,H?

2 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

What is the label,H?

It says A&M records audiophile Series

558C91C2-506A-4BE1-9F58-8A587A21C846.jpeg

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, hlov said:

It says A&M records audiophile Series

558C91C2-506A-4BE1-9F58-8A587A21C846.jpeg

Yep, that’s what I thought and they have merged or combined with Universal, Geffen and Verve labels. Funny you mentioned Herb Alpert earlier, he was the founder of A & M originally, so no surprise he’d get a gig for his records on his own label.😉

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, that’s what I thought and they have merged or combined with Universal, Geffen and Verve labels. Funny you mentioned Herb Alpert earlier, he was the founder of A & M originally, so no surprise he’d get a gig for his records on his own label.😉

Cheers,

Keith

https://www.discogs.com/Supertramp-Crime-Of-The-Century/release/6857658

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hlov said:

Eagles Live

4CDEDAE1-49D8-4173-8F5B-9832B3CDBEF3.jpeg

I also have that album. but I don't think that I've ever payed it for some reason.

52 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I also have that album. but I don't think that I've ever payed it for some reason.

It sounds really nice, the live version of Hotel California is great

H

Lady Gaga

Chromatica

Limited Edition Silver

JB Exclusive picked up in their 20% off sale on Wednesday 🙂

Shame it has not got a jacket - shall have to sort out something there, it is a flawless pressing though and sounds incredible - but would have been more perfect if they released it with a proper LP sleeve and not like a Picture Disc in a crappy plastic sleeve.

IMG_5043.JPG

R-15388646-1590749651-7690.jpg

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

That is very unusual packaging 

So it does not have a record cover - And is packaged in just a see through folder thing ?

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

That is very unusual packaging 

So it does not have a record cover - And is packaged in just a see through folder thing ?

Yep same way picture discs are. It is sad too, because the artwork for this album is amazing and should have been put on the vinyl releases.

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica/release/15388646

5 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Ayreon, Electric Castle Live. This is my second listen to the 3 LPs since Wednesday, SQ is excellent and the feeling is almost like being at the concert.

1442469946_TheElectricCastleLiveAyreon.jpg.2d2d654822ee17811fb1c7cf1dc16735.jpg

JJ

Hi JJ.

Not come across this band before.

But l always have a listen to most of your posts, especially prog artists.

So l tuned into Spotify for a listen to this album. First track, l say to myself; man that vocalist sounds like Fish. I was so certain l had to google it. Yep it's him alright, guest vocalist. So I'm a fan already.

I'm halfway through the album and I'm really really liking it.  So that's another artist to add to my growing list. So mate, l thank you...unfortunately my wallet does not.

Cheers.😄

• Like 3
1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Yep same way picture discs are. It is sad too, because the artwork for this album is amazing and should have been put on the vinyl releases.

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica/release/15388646

Some advertising gurus “ light bulb moment “  idea I’d guess 

I say the cover and packaging has backfired big time 

• Like 1

Hi All,

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Hi JJ.

Not come across this band before.

But l always have a listen to most of your posts, especially prog artists.

So l tuned into Spotify for a listen to this album. First track, l say to myself; man that vocalist sounds like Fish. I was so certain l had to google it. Yep it's him alright, guest vocalist. So I'm a fan already.

I'm halfway through the album and I'm really really liking it.  So that's another artist to add to my growing list. So mate, l thank you...unfortunately my wallet does not.

Cheers.😄

I should ask for my $5 "Spotters Fee" 😉😉

After going out to visit for afternoon tea, back to spinning, Deep Purple then Jon Lord

1127751859_DeepPurpleLastJapan.jpg.599b2f3fb73d0913c70a0326f0ac62a2.jpg

1461500849_WindowsJohnLord.jpg.31025887a9fabe79750d6d5c578d6325.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Hi @April Snow

With regard to the Lady Gaga album, you could go to Officeworks and have them print a copy of the cover on 220GSM paper at 30cm sides, and use an antistatic sleeve for the album

JJ

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

I should ask for my $5 "Spotters Fee" 😉😉

After going out to visit for afternoon tea, back to spinning, Deep Purple then Jon Lord

1127751859_DeepPurpleLastJapan.jpg.599b2f3fb73d0913c70a0326f0ac62a2.jpg

1461500849_WindowsJohnLord.jpg.31025887a9fabe79750d6d5c578d6325.jpg

JJ

Do you have the album by Storm Corrosion (self titled). If not, I think you would really like it. It is Mikael... from Opeth and Steven Wilson.

You probably gave me the heads up on this one as well... so l owe you $10.

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @April Snow

With regard to the Lady Gaga album, you could go to Officeworks and have them print a copy of the cover on 220GSM paper at 30cm sides, and use an antistatic sleeve for the album

JJ

Yes I will make up a mock one, we have big printers at work so I can sort something out. I have at the moment put the vinyl in to a Mofi inner sleeve and tucked it into a  White cardboard sleeve as well and put those in a Blake outer sleeve and popped some cardboard in the back for rigidity and slipped the plastic cover it did come with into the front. No big deal really - but it should have been released with a proper cover. It comes in three versions of the vinyl  one is the Milky white vinyl, one is the Silver & one is a Picture Disc - all packaged the same. 

It is weird though because the cover of the CD version is very dramatic and would have looked fantastic on a LP.

But the good news is the pressing itself is fantastic...........and I got it 20% off and nice to have a limited edition as the Milky White is the Standard.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

This (Australian) band has come across my radar several times recently and I received this album as a gift for my birthday this week. I really enjoyed the album.  Some of it was reminiscent of the Commitments.  

The Tesky Brothers, Run Home Slow

E7443666-2E77-4319-8CF1-3A77F160596C.jpeg

happy bday mate.  Grab their other release as well (orange vinyl rather than black)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

happy bday mate.  Grab their other release as well (orange vinyl rather than black)

Agreed the black is not so good (also it has original slightly  different track list - orange is the Deluxe) - had to track my Orange off Amazon US, it is now elusive to get.

My original Black was full of white imperfections and deemed faulty by the seller so I had to send it back.

• Like 1

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

USA & Europe 2019

2 x LP

Gatefold

180 Gram

I wanted to add some Carpenters to my collection so I previewed this Spotify and thought is sounded pretty sweet.

The orchestra does not over power Karen's vocals and sounds like she is standing there singing right with them. Richard oversaw the whole project and his midas touch is all over the album with the lovely arrangements but still sounds like original versions.

I shall add some original pressings to my collection too in time ...........can't wait for record fairs to start back up 😉

IMG_5048.JPG

• Like 5

Karen Carpenter, my god what a voice. Such a sad story.

Apparently she had such a soft quiet voice that they had to put the microphones near to full gain in order to record her properly. She didn't like the limelight.

Edited by Guest
9 hours ago, April Snow said:

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

USA & Europe 2019

2 x LP

Gatefold

180 Gram

I wanted to add some Carpenters to my collection so I previewed this Spotify and thought is sounded pretty sweet.

The orchestra does not over power Karen's vocals and sounds like she is standing there singing right with them. Richard oversaw the whole project and his midas touch is all over the album with the lovely arrangements but still sounds like original versions.

I shall add some original pressings to my collection too in time ...........can't wait for record fairs to start back up 😉

IMG_5048.JPG

I just listened Superstar from that album on Tidal, very nice indeed. Where did u get it? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, April Snow said:

Agreed the black is not so good (also it has original slightly  different track list - orange is the Deluxe) - had to track my Orange off Amazon US, it is now elusive to get.

My original Black was full of white imperfections and deemed faulty by the seller so I had to send it back.

there's one still on Amazon au (though intl seller)

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/offer-listing/B07HGNRHY2/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic