Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Janjuc

    3005

  • hlov

    1851

  • Full Range

    1673

  • April Snow

    1082

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

.

Grease

1978

 

Back to Rydell High School .............

 

Great memories of being in  Primary school for this one .........became a huge ONJ fan until I grew up to be a Madonna one 🤣

 

😉

IMG_3467.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

 

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

2001

 

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

 

 

IMG_3631.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


27 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

 

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

2001

 

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

 

 

IMG_3631.JPG

I'm streaming it from my NAS in my study right now as I clean LPs on my VPI 16.5 RCM.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ClipGlass said:

Technically started tonight with radiohead in rainbows but that was on cd, oh well.

 

Led Zeppelin

IV20200215_191646.thumb.jpg.1c8cfcd6db168ff86d371d35ff1b17a4.jpg

20200215_190015.jpg

I also seem to have aquired myself a little listening partner 

20200215_193205.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi All,

 

Continuing with the second LP in the Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin with The Colorado Symphony and Choir.

 

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg 

 

JJ

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Purchased 4 double albums today, this evening have been enjoying:

 

Madonna, Immaculate Collection

 

BD38718D-0F6C-446D-AB2C-8EB720B8C1B4.jpeg

Yasssssss !!!!!

I have the orginal 90s pressing of this and it is a ripper !!

If this is the re-issue how you find it?

Best version of Express Yourself on this album.

 

Enjoy 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is J Mascis’s high school band... seriously.

 

Essentially, J was bored and decided to reform his high school band 30 odd(?) years later. Tracked down one of his buddies who miraculously had one of their tapes, and they set to ‘professionally’ (in the loosest possible use of the term) turning the demo into an album. One of the lads was awaiting parole, and that made it hard for him to travel once out, but they got there. World famous Outer Battery Records was engaged, so high profile was this.

 

I only got wind of it all as I frequented Thm Guitars in Brisbane - purveyor of obscure punk and alt-anything and weirdly mate’s with J via a unique ability to clone his favourite fuzz pedal when no one else could). There is a ‘Live at Tym records” I need to grab.

 

It’s like mudhoney covering a jam session of the Grateful Dead with special guest drug f***ed Jimi Page. I even reckon you could sell this to someone as an obscure side project of a few unnamed famous prog-blues band members and get away with it...  

 

 

4644F4B8-9754-4C14-8DC2-60ADC05C7BAC.jpeg

A15BFE26-83EB-4017-B6B9-A4B1455A90BB.jpeg
 

 

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Roger Waters but the sound quality of this album is amazing. The music  reminds me a bit of the Final Cut.

 

Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S.

 

FEFE07DE-4CF3-4F28-9567-9D4612E7591A.thumb.jpeg.72e78db4126dfc1b6be5c294e02e32a6.jpeg 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites


I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

 

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

 

 

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 
 


 

 

 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams. Her 1977 recording remastered on a 2LP 45rpm cut by Analogue Productions. They've done a good job with this pressing and oh what a sweet voice Linda had...............................a nice way to kick off a Sunday afternoon.

 

 

 

 

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams.JPG

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

friend n fellow - covered. 33rpm on Ruf Records. Easily one of the best acoustic albums I've heard, dynamic, close miked and some unusual interpretations of some well known songs.

 

 

friend n fellow - covered.JPG

friend n fellow - covered [rear cover].JPG

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

 

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

 

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

 

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 
 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

 

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

 

 

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

 

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

 

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

 

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 
 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

 

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

 

 

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Seriously wrong

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

Rubber Soul and Revolver

Sgt Peppers

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

 

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

 

 

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 
 


 

 

 

One of my old man favourites. He gave me his copy last time I back home.

 

41345477-9E01-493B-BC7C-B170A9B8A288.thumb.jpeg.b000e82607084619561885cdc2427c8f.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

These to me are the ‘final years’ Beatles... there’s some amazing stuff, and I’m not blowing smoke. For me, they’re just an inverted mirror of their early years - great songs surrounded by good songs.
 

This why it’s all prefaced with “IMO” and “to me”.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

(or does anyone already have an answer?)

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.
 

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

And please hurry up and take it back 😛

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was given to me for free amongst an order I purchased - it is unofficial, but on Discogs.

Horrible Sleeve cover but have to say the pressing is more than excellent.

 

Prince

Music from Graffiti Bridge

USSR

1990

IMG_3642.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Forgot I had 3 versions of this, Jap, US & Aus so might do a shootout between the three and see which reigns supreme (or does anyone already have an answer?)

 

 

image.thumb.png.41d43b4666249706406c0eba1f6b0a6f.png

I have a British one and love it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.
 

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Recording, mastering, pressing wise it’s pure class... Like Da Vinci painted an abortion (the ‘90s snob is raging - apologies).

Edited by furtherpale
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

 

Well my cloth ears and average system cannot detect any (if any) difference between them.  Case closed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TDK  We are twinning 🙂

(nothing wrong with Madonna 12" singles ............the Long Version is very beautiful isnt it?) - thanks for the dedication 🥰

Madonna

This Used to be My Playground

12 inch single

1992

UK Pressing

 

 

IMG_3586.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TDK said:

This one's dedicated to you @April Snow

 

Madonna - This used to be my playground (12") from "A League Of Their Own".

 

 

mad.thumb.JPG.e62cea2fd147f0b85c78b94773d39633.JPG

 

I have more Madonna 12" singles than I will ever admit to.

 

 

Well done TDK one of the few I don't actually have. If you ever decide to sell let me know👍

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, April Snow said:

@TDK  We are twinning 🙂

(nothing wrong with Madonna 12" singles ............the Long Version is very beautiful isnt it?) - thanks for the dedication 🥰

Madonna

This Used to be My Playground

12 inch single

1992

UK Pressing

 

 

IMG_3586.JPG

 

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

 

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

 

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

 

Well my cloth ears and average system cannot detect any (if any) difference between them.  Case closed.

I'll take the Japanese pressing then , thanks! 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TDK said:

 

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

 

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

 

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

 

I am not an audiophile either & do not aspire to be so - I just like what I like - and never get caught up in the great pressing debate and the fine print - my ears and my system are not perfect enough for that. I do try to source US pressings for Prince though, as they are better than Aussie ones I admit.

 

But I figure if it sounds good enough with no pops or crackles and for me to get off my seat and dance around - it is great !!!!!!

I use my system to listen to my music not my music to listen to my system I guess 😂

 

I adore Madonna 12 inch mixes - which is obvious from my posts - (and Prince and MJ) all these artists nailed remixes. Prince more so because he actually re-wrote his tracks for 12 inch releases so they are totally different songs in the long and remixed versions - that is what makes his so magical.

 

William Orbit mixes are good - as were Juniors Vasquez's for Madonna - Justify My Love Remixes are still my #1 Favourites with the Q-sound...........

 

Glad someone else is waving a Madonna flag from time to time as well as me 🙂

 

 

 

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • Similar Content

    • By robes
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Ryde State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       
      2014 vinyl release by Jack White 
       
      This "Ultra LP" release features several special features:

      · Tracks A6 and B7 are locked grooves featuring elements from their respective previous tracks. "High Ball Stepper" doesn't end with a faded-out distortion as in the digital versions, it is locked instead.
      · Tracks A7 and B8 are hidden tracks pressed on their sides' labels, and play at 78 RPM and 45 RPM respectively, thus making the LP a three speed record.
      · Side A's groove is inverted and plays from the inside out.
      · "Just One Drink" consists of two different intros, each in its own groove, with both connecting at the body of the song. BA1 is acoustic, BB1 is electric.
      · Side B has a matte finish, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
      · Vinyl is pressed in flat-edged format.
      · Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
      · Tracks B3 and B4 are swapped in comparison to the digital editions, and B2 features a slightly longer intro.
      · The vinyl was mastered entirely from analog sources with no additional compression used.

      Photos:
       
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.


    • By NADbooffa
      Item Condition: VG++ Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Vermont State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, PayID or EFT Reason for selling: Unwanted gift Further information:
      Received these brand new LPs and played once and now for sale.
       
      Roxy: Tonight's the Night Live is a live album by Canadian musician Neil Young. The album is culled from live recordings made at the Roxy Theatre on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, shows that celebrated the club's opening as part of Neil Young Tonight's the Night Tour 1973. Neil Young and the backing band he called the Santa Monica Flyers played two sets a night on September 20, 21, and 22, 1973, shortly after the band had finished recording Tonight's the Night.
       
      Photos:
       
       
       





    • By tammy1001
      So after finding myself in a music store with that old familiar joy of looking through vinyl albums I wanted to add a turntable to my setup. The Project X1  is what I was thinking I would dip my toe in with. 
       
      I have boxes of vinyl of classical from the old family home, but they are in average to poor condition. (but recordings I cannot get any more) So my question is:
       
      If I am playing both new and old vinyl records,  am I going to destroy the needle? What do others here do about their original and mint collection without killing a $300 needle?
       
      Thanks!
       
       
    • By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash eft PayPal for friends Reason for selling: NLR Further information: mint condition with boxes. 
      Price is firm.  
       
      Photos:
       
       




    • By hyper
      Item Condition: Mint Sealed Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cammeray State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, bank deposit, PayPal (add 3%) Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       
      Up for sale sealed copy of Bill Evans Portrait in Jazz. 
      Happy for pickup item is located lower north shore Sydney.
       
      Postage Australia wide flat rate of $19.45 including tracking.
       
      Item will be packed securely to ensure safe transit.
       
      Any questions drop me a PM
       





×
×
  • Create New...