• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Grease

Back to Rydell High School .............

Great memories of being in  Primary school for this one .........became a huge ONJ fan until I grew up to be a Madonna one 🤣

😉

IMG_3467.JPG

• Like 5

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

IMG_3631.JPG

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set 🙂

IMG_3631.JPG

I'm streaming it from my NAS in my study right now as I clean LPs on my VPI 16.5 RCM.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ClipGlass said:

Technically started tonight with radiohead in rainbows but that was on cd, oh well.

Led Zeppelin

IV20200215_191646.thumb.jpg.1c8cfcd6db168ff86d371d35ff1b17a4.jpg

20200215_190015.jpg

I also seem to have aquired myself a little listening partner 

20200215_193205.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Continuing with the second LP in the Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin with The Colorado Symphony and Choir.

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg 

JJ

• Like 5

11 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Purchased 4 double albums today, this evening have been enjoying:

Madonna, Immaculate Collection

BD38718D-0F6C-446D-AB2C-8EB720B8C1B4.jpeg

Yasssssss !!!!!

I have the orginal 90s pressing of this and it is a ripper !!

If this is the re-issue how you find it?

Best version of Express Yourself on this album.

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 2

So this is J Mascis’s high school band... seriously.

Essentially, J was bored and decided to reform his high school band 30 odd(?) years later. Tracked down one of his buddies who miraculously had one of their tapes, and they set to ‘professionally’ (in the loosest possible use of the term) turning the demo into an album. One of the lads was awaiting parole, and that made it hard for him to travel once out, but they got there. World famous Outer Battery Records was engaged, so high profile was this.

I only got wind of it all as I frequented Thm Guitars in Brisbane - purveyor of obscure punk and alt-anything and weirdly mate’s with J via a unique ability to clone his favourite fuzz pedal when no one else could). There is a ‘Live at Tym records” I need to grab.

It’s like mudhoney covering a jam session of the Grateful Dead with special guest drug f***ed Jimi Page. I even reckon you could sell this to someone as an obscure side project of a few unnamed famous prog-blues band members and get away with it...  

4644F4B8-9754-4C14-8DC2-60ADC05C7BAC.jpeg

A15BFE26-83EB-4017-B6B9-A4B1455A90BB.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5

Not a fan of Roger Waters but the sound quality of this album is amazing. The music  reminds me a bit of the Final Cut.

Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S.

FEFE07DE-4CF3-4F28-9567-9D4612E7591A.thumb.jpeg.72e78db4126dfc1b6be5c294e02e32a6.jpeg 

• Like 6

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams. Her 1977 recording remastered on a 2LP 45rpm cut by Analogue Productions. They've done a good job with this pressing and oh what a sweet voice Linda had...............................a nice way to kick off a Sunday afternoon.

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 1

friend n fellow - covered. 33rpm on Ruf Records. Easily one of the best acoustic albums I've heard, dynamic, close miked and some unusual interpretations of some well known songs.

friend n fellow - covered.JPG

friend n fellow - covered [rear cover].JPG

• Like 3

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

It’s a great Sunday arvo here in the bubble.

IMO, if you love the Beatles and remotely head into the audiophile world and don’t know where to start, you need 4 albums and a best of (unless you’re a freak for them).

1/ Any album before Rubber Soul, AAA mono

2/ and

3/ Rubber Soul and Revolver, AAA mono

4/ Sgt Pepper, AAA mono

5/ A well mastered best of/Beatles in mono

Rubber soul and Revolver are the fulcrum of the Beatles. They are the transition from Love me Do to Lucy. Any album prior (mixed with the best of) will get you your early Beatles; Sgt Pepper (mixed with the best of) will get you your concept album era + final years. 

Sure there are a few gaps, but at 50% the cost of having everything (which gets pricy in the AAA Beatles world), you get 90% of everything anyone except the most ardent Beatles diehard fan would listen to regularly. A streaming subscription or $50 word of CDs on Discogs fills in the rest (The MQA of Pepper is truly phenomenal).

Damn the sound of the Rickenbackers on this! The Beatles first foray out of ‘60s pop-rock and into some seriously amazing musical sensibilities.

EE8D73D2-7E28-4F69-B4D9-514A28A435F5.jpeg

3558C7A7-7823-45C4-B61C-7921CC2755ED.jpeg

Seriously wrong

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

Rubber Soul and Revolver

Sgt Peppers

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 

One of my old man favourites. He gave me his copy last time I back home.

41345477-9E01-493B-BC7C-B170A9B8A288.thumb.jpeg.b000e82607084619561885cdc2427c8f.jpeg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Abbey Road Probably the best Beatle record and The White Album

These to me are the ‘final years’ Beatles... there’s some amazing stuff, and I’m not blowing smoke. For me, they’re just an inverted mirror of their early years - great songs surrounded by good songs.

This why it’s all prefaced with “IMO” and “to me”.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

(or does anyone already have an answer?)

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man, sorry no answer, but seriously interested in your thoughts post shootout.  Oz version is very tasty, I've nothing to compare with though.

And please hurry up and take it back 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This was given to me for free amongst an order I purchased - it is unofficial, but on Discogs.

Horrible Sleeve cover but have to say the pressing is more than excellent.

Prince

Music from Graffiti Bridge

USSR

IMG_3642.JPG

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Forgot I had 3 versions of this, Jap, US & Aus so might do a shootout between the three and see which reigns supreme (or does anyone already have an answer?)

image.thumb.png.41d43b4666249706406c0eba1f6b0a6f.png

I have a British one and love it

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

It's one of my go to records for great sound, but not for everyone @furtherpale (haha)

Recording, mastering, pressing wise it’s pure class... Like Da Vinci painted an abortion (the ‘90s snob is raging - apologies).

Edited by furtherpale
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Well my cloth ears and average system cannot detect any (if any) difference between them.  Case closed.

• Like 2

@TDK  We are twinning 🙂

(nothing wrong with Madonna 12" singles ............the Long Version is very beautiful isnt it?) - thanks for the dedication 🥰

Madonna

This Used to be My Playground

12 inch single

UK Pressing

IMG_3586.JPG

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TDK said:

This one's dedicated to you @April Snow

Madonna - This used to be my playground (12") from "A League Of Their Own".

mad.thumb.JPG.e62cea2fd147f0b85c78b94773d39633.JPG

I have more Madonna 12" singles than I will ever admit to.

Well done TDK one of the few I don't actually have. If you ever decide to sell let me know👍

• Like 1
Just now, April Snow said:

@TDK  We are twinning 🙂

(nothing wrong with Madonna 12" singles ............the Long Version is very beautiful isnt it?) - thanks for the dedication 🥰

Madonna

This Used to be My Playground

12 inch single

UK Pressing

IMG_3586.JPG

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

7 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Well my cloth ears and average system cannot detect any (if any) difference between them.  Case closed.

I'll take the Japanese pressing then , thanks! 😊

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TDK said:

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

I am not an audiophile either & do not aspire to be so - I just like what I like - and never get caught up in the great pressing debate and the fine print - my ears and my system are not perfect enough for that. I do try to source US pressings for Prince though, as they are better than Aussie ones I admit.

But I figure if it sounds good enough with no pops or crackles and for me to get off my seat and dance around - it is great !!!!!!

I use my system to listen to my music not my music to listen to my system I guess 😂

I adore Madonna 12 inch mixes - which is obvious from my posts - (and Prince and MJ) all these artists nailed remixes. Prince more so because he actually re-wrote his tracks for 12 inch releases so they are totally different songs in the long and remixed versions - that is what makes his so magical.

William Orbit mixes are good - as were Juniors Vasquez's for Madonna - Justify My Love Remixes are still my #1 Favourites with the Q-sound...........

Glad someone else is waving a Madonna flag from time to time as well as me 🙂

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic