Vinyl - Currently Spinning

36 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I’ll have the CDs 

No record player

Not sure it's released as CDs only, more likely a Special edition deluxe set of 1 LP and 4 CDs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

The Prospect Before Us -

The Albion Dance Band.

IMO Ashley Hutchings is a musical genius.

20210513_150802-01.jpeg

Kinda like how Christy Moore was with Planxty, another excellent band you might like if you haven't already tried them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, YCC said:

Not sure it's released as CDs only, more likely a Special edition deluxe set of 1 LP and 4 CDs.

Yep 

I did read that

Exile on Main Street included the original double album

J B doesn’t have it yet

Ill have the record again

But this time just To look at😀

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, hlov said:

Wow, I have a US or British first pressing and sounds great. This must be unreal

Yup, I have a Japanese pressing which I thought was great but this is even better.

• Like 3

Guest Old Man Rubber

Chess

Not sure it's a soundtrack?  I guess it was more like a very expensive demo for a stage show.  Double album and a comprehensive booklet.  Lots of Benny/Bjorn hallmarks scattered throughout the album, would have loved to hear the other two members of Abba sing "I Know Him So Well"

20210514_091449.jpg

A country market find, this is the kind of pressing that has the old analogue sound which is quite absent from lots of modern day reissues even the remastered ones. And the music on this is right up my alley too. Gotta be happy!

16209494076601840925450101506542.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guest Old Man Rubber

Elvis Presley - comeback TV special LP

The sound is somewhat compromised on here, it's clearly taken from the gear used in the TV studio and the environment wasn't exactly a recording studio.  There are a few flat jokes here and there clearly over-rehearsed but when the singing starts you can forget all that.

20210514_121716.jpg

Guest Old Man Rubber
1 minute ago, YCC said:

Michael Murphey - with guests including members of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Pleasant country rock with horns on one track!

...and another question answered.  If you are a fan YCC I can send you that "Hard Country" LP.

7 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

...and another question answered.  If you are a fan YCC I can send you that "Hard Country" LP.

Thanks! Not really a fan, I picked it up recently as his name rang a bell from the distant past and Jeff Hanna, John McEuen and Jimmy Ibbotson in the credits convinced myself to get it. I do spin this occasionally when I need a break from the Eagles 😂 thanks anyway!

• Like 1

Leon Russell - "Hank Wilson's Back vol.1" - is on fire on this one, with smokin' interpretations of country standards. My favourite Leon LP after "Carney".

16209629605802505771418773212416.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Jewel ‎– Pieces Of You - luvely little album from 1994 - original US pressing.  I see there is a 4LP 25 year edition available - mastered by Chris Bellman.

CFnaxRb.jpg

Wow, her voice is great

• Like 4