Vinyl - Currently Spinning

4 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Hello April Snow,

Is it a Mobile Fidelity or Analogue Productions pressing?

Cheers,

Keith

It is the one remastered last year by Bernie Grundman 🙂

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sign-O-The-Times/release/15955427

it is also in standard Black vinyl and the big box set too 🙂

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sign-O-The-Times/release/15987954

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, April Snow said:

It is the one remastered last year by Bernie Grundman 🙂

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sign-O-The-Times/release/15955427

it is also in standard Black vinyl and the big box set too 🙂

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sign-O-The-Times/release/15987954

Thanks, I was looking at the inner sleeve the vinyl piece was sitting on, which looked like a MoFi or AP inner sleeve.

Cheers,

Keith

54 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Thanks, I was looking at the inner sleeve the vinyl piece was sitting on, which looked like a MoFi or AP inner sleeve.

Cheers,

Keith

No worries Keith, I understand the question now 🙂

I just re-sleeve all my records in to Mofi Inner Sleeves  👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, April Snow said:

OK off to Bed after a good night spinning - but finished off on these:

New arrival nice NM copy:

Sheila E

The Glamorous Life

Australia

Mastered by Bernie Grundman

Credits on the album state that the album was directed by Sheila E. and "The Starr Company" (Prince's Alias was sometimes Jamie Starr) but in fact all six tracks were produced, written, and arranged by Prince.

Also followed up with the following You Tube "Directors Cut" Video of Tom Petty & Jeff Lynne & Prince -

worth watching for Prince's Guitar Playing and does make me weep - apparently Prince's part was unrehearsed. 

IMG_9445.JPG

I go back and watch that YouTube clip every few months. Check out the look on George Harrison's sons face when Prince is playing - That's going straight into his memory banks LOL

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Ahh- Schnoo Schnoo said:

I go back and watch that YouTube clip every few months. Check out the look on George Harrison's sons face when Prince is playing - That's going straight into his memory banks LOL

I know -  I cry every time I watch it and it makes my heart ache with the loss of this man. But it is wonderful and how Prince struts off stage knowing he nailed it without a rehearsal. It was all rather impromtu. I am so glad you love it too :D

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, April Snow said:

No worries Keith, I understand the question now 🙂

I just re-sleeve all my records in to Mofi Inner Sleeves  👍

Yep, the MoFi inner sleeves are an excellent sleeve, despite some members here on StereoNET that constantly rubbish them. Truth is though, those individuals wouldn’t know their backside from their elbow when it comes to quality inner sleeves anyhow. 😉

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, the MoFi inner sleeves are an excellent sleeve, despite some members here on StereoNET that constantly rubbish them. Truth is though, those individuals wouldn’t know their backside from their elbow when it comes to quality inner sleeves anyhow. 😉

Cheers,

Keith

When I brought my first LP I researched how best to look after them and threw away the paper inners from Day 1.

MoFi Inners have been fantastic (no static here) and the Blake Out-Sleeves make the Jackets look stunning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Prince

Sign O The Times

Limited Peach Reissue

So amazing - did not realise that "Slow Love" has little bells right through the music - the details are superb.

Love this pressing.

IMG_9460.JPG

Joining in 💔:thumb:     but the box set black vinyl.

wRDIcPf.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Cheers,

Keith

Keith

I'll whip your arse at tennis over those comments.   🤣

Mofi sleeves r rubbish 😁  except if you enjoy it being a pita inserting those covers in and out of sleeves and getting em bent.

I suppose you are a coloured vinyl fan now?  😉

Edited by metal beat

14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Keith

I'll whip your arse at tennis over those comments.   🤣

Mofi sleeves r rubbish 😁  except if you enjoy it being a pita inserting those covers in and out of sleeves and getting em bent.

Shane, as far as inner sleeves go, you’re definitely in that arse/elbow group I referred to earlier, so I wouldn’t waste my time arguing with you..

You’re obviously a gun/legend tennis player too, but be careful, mate, they reckon you can go blind doing that too much!😄

Cheers,

Keith

4 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Shane, as far as inner sleeves go, you’re definitely in that arse/elbow group I referred to earlier, so I wouldn’t waste my time arguing with you..

You’re obviously a gun/legend tennis player too, but be careful, mate, they reckon you can go blind doing that too much!😄

Cheers,

Keith

Keith 

Got a feeling you are the better tennis player 4 sure.

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

😁

Still not a big fan of coloured vinyl, but have heard a few recently that didn’t sound too bad at all.

38 minutes ago, metal beat said:

I haven’t had to worry about how my tennis form was going for decades, because I spent too much time playing on hard courts between 10 and 40ish and the body just decided it had had enough after that.🤪

56 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Keith 

Did you read our conversation a few weeks ago about how close we lived in Newcastle and possibly used the same tennis practice location 

• Like 1

To Top