Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Pet Shop Boys - Disco 3.  Promo pressing.

Actually pretty decent SQ.  Some PSB stuff can be hit and miss but I like this one.

IMG_7144.thumb.JPG.85d55b94c5c91d42089ba0637f0216d8.JPG

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 5

How does one follow up such a great record on my earlier spin 

With an equally good or better record that’s how 

Another classic album - think in my youth I have sung the title song a couple of thousand times 

Read somewhere that is the most downloaded title in China 

Artist - The Eagles

Title - Hotel California 

Believe it or not - it’s the only Eagles record in the collection 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Eagles-Hotel-California/release/4143361

9281298-E-CEF3-41-F9-90-F8-E72-C2-F73-B5

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, FNQ Outcast said:

Finally, some time to sit & listen to:

Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (Pressed @ Pallas)

20210501_203551.jpg

I’d be interested in your thoughts on the pressing, as I recently got the 45rpm Pallas pressing and I’m really disappointed, some groove distortion and more pops and clicks than I’d call acceptable.

• Like 2

Just now, awayward said:

I’d be interested in your thoughts on the pressing, as I recently got the 45rpm Pallas pressing and I’m really disappointed, some groove distortion and more pops and clicks than I’d call acceptable.

Dynamics are really good, small amount of surface noise, occasional pop/click but, that might be some residual detergent from running it through my US cleaner (I don't rinse). I did have the 45Rpm version on back order fm the US but, after 2 months I was getting impatient so cancelled & got this through Discrepancy Records.

Definitely no groove distortion on my copy, pretty happy & definitely a better master than the cd version I own...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FNQ Outcast said:

Dynamics are really good, small amount of surface noise, occasional pop/click but, that might be some residual detergent from running it through my US cleaner (I don't rinse). I did have the 45Rpm version on back order fm the US but, after 2 months I was getting impatient so cancelled & got this through Discrepancy Records.

Definitely no groove distortion on my copy, pretty happy & definitely a better master than the cd version I own...

Mine has had a US clean without a rinse also, and all my other records don’t have these issues after a clean, the SQ is excellent though as you have stated, thanks for replying with your impressions, appreciated.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Philip Bailey - Chinese Wall

Phil Collins has a lot to answer for IMHO - he produced this album and threw every nasty Phil Collins noise at it he could.  Stabbing brass sections, face hugger drums, monstrous wall of crap synthesizer sounds and the vocals are buried in amongst the clanging noise and did I mention those "OMG ITS THE EIGHTIES" overdone drums?  The material isn't great either, I can't stand "Easy Lover" and the only real standout is the title track which at least gives Bailey's voice a chance to shine a bit.  The rest of it is forgettable MOR, light funk and what I can only describe as "that Phil Collins sound" - except thankfully Phil only honks and screeches on the "Easy Lover" track on side 2.

From 1980 to 1989 you couldn't get away from the bastard Collins he seemed like he, or the rubbish version of Genesis, were blasting out of every doorway and car window, in the shopping malls and vomiting out of the telly like an endless stream of lead coated popcorn assaulting your years.  I don't like Phil Collins.  I guess might be coming through.

It's a dreadful record.  It's in OK shape (got the odd pop) but if anybody is desperate to own it let me know.  It can't stay here and I'll post it for free.

20210501_110835.jpg

So I gather you didn't like that much?

😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

So... on the back of listening to Rumours I've given 'The Alternative Rumours' a spin...

Hmmmm, it's quite interesting... A subtle change here, a different bass line there... Here a slight change in vocal mix, there a guitar embellishment or, not in some cases... And then there is the Demo version of The Chain... man is that different...

Would these takes/mixes have become as iconic as the album is... guess we'll never know...

Definitely worth a listen but, I'm not 100% taken with these versions... however... Is that because I'm so familiar with the tracks as released or because these versions aren't quite there?

Have a listen, you decide... 😊

20210501_212456.jpg

• Like 6

Earth Wind & Fire - Electric Universe.  Master Sound.

Typical top grade Japanese pressing.  Dead quiet and clean.  Really makes those synthesisers and the bass guitar shine.

IMG_7146.thumb.JPG.fb45fb7db7fe10e9dc7196b95331c70e.JPG

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 4

After watching my beloved Swans snatch victory from the Cats last night, I had a critical listen to two albums from the same band......XTC. Two of the most manically clever albums in my collection.

First up was "White Music" Oz 1st pressing.

R-1067913-1605628674-9039.jpeg.jpg

Next was the follow up "Go 2" UK 1st pressing. This came with the now rare "Go +" 12" EP (which I didn't play:)).

R-520499-1238477972.jpeg.jpg

Not bedtime music I'll admit but I slept like a baby. B|

• Like 5

Hanging out with "my man" Prince tonight" 💜

One of my favourite albums of his -

Prince

Europe

"You can all come if you want to - but you can never leave" ............

IMG_9447.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6

To Top