Vinyl - Currently Spinning

16 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.  Very early Japanese Pressing

Do you know what? I must the only person on earth who has never heard this album? Think I better preview it on Spotify eh? LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Do you know what? I must the only person on earth who has never heard this album? Think I better preview it on Spotify eh? LOL

My advice is 
Listen to the it at a quiet time and immerse yourself in the music 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I am gobsmacked!!:shocked: 

Get back to us after you've had a decent listen......particularly after Great Gig In The Sky (PS: Believe it when I say that's a white lady singing!)

• Like 3

Had a two day listening session with finger guitarist Leo Kottke 

Good to listen to stunning music from a master guitarist that makes it look simple 

Artist - Leo Kottke 

Titles - 4 LPs 

AD93-D7-BF-2-A9-B-44-FF-95-C7-5-E3-C1878

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

I did hear half of it once about 50 years ago

If time means anything don’t waste it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prince - Purple Rain - 2017 reissue based on the 2015 remaster supervised by Prince in 2015. the cd has a bad rap, however the vinyl mastering has been done with skill, love and precision by Kevin Gray. Its sounds really great and provides better separation and space with the keyboards/synths in the mix - most noticeable on Take me With You and The Beautiful Ones.   Everything about this vinyl release is class. the poster is very cool.

WDc0sCh.jpg

laAXoCw.jpg

d8v1ndj.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

LRB "Sleeper Catcher" Oz 1st pressing, EMI Maxicut......sounds superb. ? 

I'm not a great ballad fan but if 'Light Of Day' isn't one of the most cruisey and cool ballads ever, I'll eat my hat.B)

Sleeper Catcher (Remastered) - Album by Little River Band | Spotify

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5

Guest Old Man Rubber
14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Prince - Purple Rain - 2017 reissue based on the 2015 remaster supervised by Prince in 2015. the cd has a bad rap, however the vinyl mastering has been done with skill, love and precision by Kevin Gray. Its sounds really great and provides better separation and space with the keyboards/synths in the mix - most noticeable on Take me With You and The Beautiful Ones.   Everything about this vinyl release is class. the poster is very cool.

The less said about the movie, the better ?

Picked up a S/H DVD of it a while ago, couldn't finish it.

Prince ‎– HITnRUN Phase One - 2015 -  absolutely luv this album except track one which is the worst on the album. 2nd last studio album released and show's off a " fresh" stripped back Prince sound.  Many Prince fans don't like this and prefer Phase 2, which is Prince in his comfort zone not really doing anything new. 

For me  HITnRUN Phase One is a lot better and kiks arsse. Fans should give it a few more spins.  the last two tracks 1000 X's & O's + June are amongst his best.  might be a long time b4 this gets an official vinyl release, but this boot sounds xclent.

BneUBgZ.jpg

RAEOHRq.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Had a two day listening session with finger guitarist Leo Kottke 

Good to listen to stunning music from a master guitarist that makes it look simple 

Artist - Leo Kottke 

Titles - 4 LPs 

AD93-D7-BF-2-A9-B-44-FF-95-C7-5-E3-C1878

Yee haa!! What a great chunk of Kottke listening! Arguably 4 of the big 5.

20210421_162938-01.jpeg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

I don't think it was originally $20.00 on release, would have been around $6.00.

Prince, Chaos and Disorder

1264524940_PrinceChaosandDisorder.jpg.2fa3f08b9160f97b2d15c14066dd6681.jpg

100% correct. For years and years through my childhood/adolescence all albums were $5.95

Guest Old Man Rubber
28 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

100% correct. For years and years through my childhood/adolescence all albums were $5.95

https://www.inflationtool.com/australian-dollar/1966-to-present-value?amount=6

$82.77 in todays money - hmmm.

all my earliest purchases were in the early 1980s (say $12 for a cassette) which was still a serious amount of money to a teenager.

edit:  I *really* like finding old CDs and LPs with the original price tag on them.  GANGgajang for $14.95 circa 1985 - out of the bargain bin at Myers?  Probably.  My dim recollection that around 1985 an album was around $20.

Edited by Old Man Rubber