Vinyl - Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, 2Brix said:

@Guzzista i wasn't sitting down to critically listen at the time, but i recall thinking that the pressing is OK but recording SQ perhaps 'middle of the road'.  Personally i find Josh T's voice or delivery gets a bit too plaintiff/strident on a couple of tracks but overall i enjoy the album.

Cheers

Ticc 

I brought the Black Vinyl copy and found it noisy and not so great so returned it, then looked for the Orange copy (which you can still pick up from time to time) and found it way better. Also has the extra tracks on it.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Teskey-Brothers-Half-Mile-Harvest/release/12853716

I picked my copy up from Amazon US last year. ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5

Hi All,

25 minutes ago, Full Range said:

What did you think of the remix 

Just want to compare with my mini review 

As with previous Steven Wilson remixes there, to me, sounds like the vocals have been slightly muted, put a little more into the background ?, and there is a little more emphasis on the guitar, which with Robert Fripp is not a bad thing, overall I think it sounds cleaner and brighter, probably because of the ? guitar emphasis.

And a third King Crimson before going to lunch, Red

1162263507_KingCrimsonRed.jpg.589923bd34fe4c353bed697a7ff4f9c0.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stump said:

Madness

1BB19071-1E10-4109-9A8A-AC33168CCFD7.thumb.jpeg.c42585308fbc7731dfb36114053d8fd3.jpeg

Nice one. I have an Oz 1st pressing of this and I find that it is is a surprisingly well recorded, dynamically balanced album. Wonderful SQ! ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Nice one. I have an Oz 1st pressing of this and I find that it is is a surprisingly well recorded, dynamically balanced album. Wonderful SQ! ?

Have to agree the instruments especially the Horns are very dynamic.Always been a Ska fan brings back fun memories.My original copy has slip a disc $8.99   ..?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, April Snow said:

I brought the Black Vinyl copy and found it noisy and not so great so returned it, then looked for the Orange copy (which you can still pick up from time to time) and found it way better. Also has the extra tracks on it.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Teskey-Brothers-Half-Mile-Harvest/release/12853716

I picked my copy up from Amazon US last year. ?

Oh...mine is black vinyl but doesn't seem to state where pressed?  It references Ivy League Records (IVY434) produced in 2019.  Anyways on the weekend i'll have a close listen and report back.  Cheers, Ticc

• Like 2

759B32B4-3784-48C7-AF27-0C28915B4EDE.thumb.jpeg.35f1947ea1fcbb3ca4517f3f605a5ef1.jpeg

Dungen

Ta Det Lugnt

2016 Reissue 

Fantastic Swedish psych rock. Ta Det Lugnt is their 3rd album from 2004.

Excellent sq. One of the many great sounding GZ reissues. This one sounds like it has been special mastered for vinyl, warm & analogue like. 

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 2

A8FBEDC3-0CD8-4066-9888-489B22E23E4C.thumb.jpeg.7010090b6ac186c6f3ae9c307e14a1e2.jpeg

Frazey Ford

Indian Ocean 

Jazzy & chilled - “swing with a mellow neo-soul beat enlivened by buttery vocals".

I think I prefer this to her lastest U Kin B The Sun but both albums are wonderful. Great sounding Pallas pressing too. 

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 4