Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Last night I hit the sweet spot again for some late night listening.

Started with Simple Minds "New Gold Dream 81, 82, 83, 84" Oz 1st pressing. First time I've sat dead centre and listened to this on my current system and all I can say is wow! Not sure why I ever doubted Australian pressings because some are absolutely outstanding.....this included. The band were really honing their sound on this release and what a blast it is!

R-79838-1437684535-2464.jpeg.jpg

Followed up with Simple Minds "Once Upon A Time" Canadian 1st pressing.....this was equally impressive. Mel Gaynor's drumming definitely shines here but the whole band is on fire......and it's a really great mix and pressing.

R-181737-1173309386.jpeg.jpg

Finished with Simple Minds earlier work "Sons And Fascination" Oz 1st pressing. Slightly chaotic at times but still a worthy inclusion in the Simple Minds sonic arsenal. There are some great moments on this and again, SQ and pressing are impressive. 

R-38871-1414080118-8877.jpeg.jpg

It was indeed a rewarding listening experience.?:heart:

• Like 8

Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream (2012).  180gm 2-disc gatefold.  Good value at the regular $40 and a bargain for a mere lobster which i picked it up for during the week.  On this second listen i'm really enjoying her bluesy country rock delivery with a touch of gravel including covers of Gerry Rafferty and Bob D.  Album review linky here https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/slipstream-199476/

Btw the store (Tokyo Underground) on Hay Street in the Perth CBD is running out its vinyl at 50% which is by now pretty well picked over but they still had 4 more copies of this album so if any local peeps were interested give 'em a call.

Cheers

Ticc

IMG_6365.jpg

• Like 7

23 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Teskey Brothers - Half Mile Harvest

I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the recording engineer or the pressing!? (myself "very ordinary, guessing recording quality!)

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

13 hours ago, Guzzista said:

Teskey Brothers - Half Mile Harvest

I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the recording engineer or the pressing!? (myself "very ordinary, guessing recording quality!)

@Guzzista i wasn't sitting down to critically listen at the time, but i recall thinking that the pressing is OK but recording SQ perhaps 'middle of the road'.  Personally i find Josh T's voice or delivery gets a bit too plaintiff/strident on a couple of tracks but overall i enjoy the album.

Cheers

Ticc 

• Like 3

I’m going back to spinning prog rock 

And this compilation album is a beauty of a favourite band 

Artist - King Crimson ‎

Title - The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-Young-Persons-Guide-To-King-Crimson/release/702357

E94866-F5-5-A4-B-42-C1-BAF6-E0837-E099-A

• Like 8

Hi All,

Like @Full Range will have a listen to King Crimson, In The Court Of The Crimson King, 2019 Remix by Steven Wilson and David Singleton

https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/14338110

1478920382_KingCrimsonITCOTCK.jpg.50a189be5393a713bb93820da3fe735a.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 8