Vinyl - Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

Skyhooks - Living in the 70's

Vale Michael Gudinski?

IMG20210302194102.jpg

I know I purchased this album back when it was released 

But it’s missing from the collection and I can’t remember if I lent it out and never came back 

Actually that happened to a few of my albums 

• Like 1

Spent much of the day putting our collection of much neglected 7" singles through the US cleaner...

They've all come up very well considering their age & decades of filth & mistreatment.

Interesting listening...

Kate Bush, Duran Duran, Gilbert O' Sullivan, Irene Cara, Genghis Kahn, Pseudo Echo, Abba, Incantations & many, many other both well known & obscure artists & songs

The absolute gem of the collection... my wife in her year 1 choir some 50yrs ago... can't wait to play that to the MIL later this month...?

20210302_204539.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

I know I purchased this album back when it was released 

But it’s missing from the collection and I can’t remember if I lent it out and never came back 

Actually that happened to a few of my albums 

SNAP! That same thing has happened to me a number of times - including this very album. I'm 99% certain I owned them, but nowhere to be seen!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Slayer - Diabolus in Musica

BEF1914F-4AC5-44C1-84CB-045590FF4C11.thumb.jpeg.239911add844e60de88478927194a894.jpeg

YEE HAA!! The Beast emerges complete!! What a magnificent turntable you now have Dave. "The Resurrection" plaque looks fantastic! A great credit to you mate and one of the truly most impressive turntables on this site. This image complete with pink vinyl would make a wonderful member avatar IMO. Congratulations. (wipes tears from eyes)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

YEE HAA!! The Beast emerges complete!! What a magnificent turntable you now have Dave. "The Resurrection" plaque looks fantastic! A great credit to you mate and one of the truly most impressive turntables on this site. This image complete with pink vinyl would make a wonderful member avatar IMO. Congratulations. (wipes tears from eyes)

It does look pretty good mate, thanks for all your help. ?

I had @Yamaha_man around for a very brief listen to the TNT yesterday, he thought it was sounding ok, maybe I’m being a little fussy about the noises I’m getting. ?

Ahem, that’s limited edition “blood red “ vinyl not pink. ????

• Like 1

Guest Old Man Rubber
6 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

SNAP! That same thing has happened to me a number of times - including this very album. I'm 99% certain I owned them, but nowhere to be seen!

I often wonder how this stuff disappears.  I had a small collection of good vinyl from the first "vinyl revival" in the 1990s that included The Clouds double 45 "Cloud Factory", a white vinyl re-issue of the Velvet Underground "Banana" LP and some P-Funk and other things.  No idea where they went on the move out of Sydney to up here.  I have a faint suspicion her indoors deliberately left a box of "my junk" out of the truck but I know I would never have deliberately thrown them out.

AC493BAC-D8A8-43EA-8EE9-1F29E7650B0F.thumb.jpeg.ad74a5c9364c8ee05de10e937f49fa35.jpeg

PJ Harvey

To Bring You My Love

2020 reissue 

This is such a fantastic reissue I hope the Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea is the same. Can’t wait to receive mine...

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Pops110 said:

It does look pretty good mate, thanks for all your help. ?

I had @Yamaha_man around for a very brief listen to the TNT yesterday, he thought it was sounding ok, maybe I’m being a little fussy about the noises I’m getting. ?

Ahem, that’s limited edition “blood red “ vinyl not pink. ????

No complaints here about the way it sounded. The entire system was impressive. Highly recommended setup.

Thanks again fir your hospitality Dave . ??

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 1

David Bowie ‎– Metrobolist (Nine Songs By David Bowie)  - 2020 - the Visconti mix - a bit controversial .  Sounds excellent and a nice alternative to the original mix.  Sounds in a different universe to the crappy digital reissues of 2016.

TBQQQlN.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Spinning another great contemporary jazz LP from an artist I featured a few days ago 

The flute is the featured instrument - its a beautiful and tranquil album designed to make the listener listen more intensely 

Artist - The Chris Hinze Combination ‎

Title - Virgin Sacrifice

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Chris-Hinze-Combination-Virgin-Sacrifice/release/3853455

8-C41-FCFF-2-A12-4-A1-A-B140-BC96-DE5532

• Like 5