Vinyl - Currently Spinning

1 minute ago, KRSDarwin said:

Howdy @April Snow, how are those new speakers going? Are you finding more in your music?

I am loving them - although not had as much time as I would like with them and in the middle of the upgrade  - but they are gorgeous !!!!!! Shall update my thread soon with the upgrade hopefully ..........it is exciting ?

Thank you for asking ..........?

• Like 4

Johnny Diesel and the Injectors ?

reissue with 2LPs running at 45rpm

FullSizeRender.jpeg

lazy link added for Since I Fell for You, sounds outstanding ?

Edited by 2Brix
lazy link added for any peeps interested..
  • Like 5

Guest Old Man Rubber

Went on a road trip this week for work, did manage to find a bit of second hand vinyl in odd places but also came home to some that I ordered from discogs.  here's a sample of this mornings listening.

David Bowie - Let's Dance.  Despite the ubiquity of the songs from side 1 I still love it after all these years.  Originally owned the cassette now have a lovely original Aus pressing and it is fantastic.

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl.  In perfect nick and sounding great.

Mental as Anything - Cats and Dogs.  My favourite of their albums and the cover is brilliant.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.  Might the the 3rd of 4th pressing and the cover is a bit stained.

Donnie Iris - Back on the Streets.  Ah! Leah!

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out.  Just fantastic and in lovely condition.

Graham Bonnet:  His cover of "It's all over now baby blue" is rockin!  Rest of the album is a bit...terrible but no matter.

Still to play a pile of other stuff (Al Stewart, the Seekers) but not a lot of work getting done this morning!

20210301_115648.jpg

20210301_115523.jpg

20210301_115528.jpg

20210301_115553.jpg

20210301_115627.jpg

20210301_115637.jpg

Guest Old Man Rubber
7 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Australian Crawl - Semantics. 45rpm on EMI. Approaching 40 years old and is dead quiet and sounds bloody fantastic.:thumb:

Got snaked for a copy of this in a record store in Newcastle over the weekend.  Still kicking myself because I need it to round out the first three albums properly ?

8 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Got snaked for a copy of this in a record store in Newcastle over the weekend.  Still kicking myself because I need it to round out the first three albums properly ?

I've only got the one copy of Semantics, but it is pristine and sounds great too. I have a couple of copies of Sirocco and single copies of The Boys Light Up and Sons Of Beaches, which all came before Semantics.

Are you a Newcastle lad Dave?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Guest Old Man Rubber
9 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I've only got the one copy of Semantics, but it is pristine and sounds great too. I have a couple of copies of Sirocco and single copies of The Boys Light Up and Sons Of Beaches, which all came before Semantics.

Are you a Newcastle lad Dave?

Cheers,

Keith

No - my daughter is down there at Uni - went through on my way home from being in southern NSW, she was jonesing to go out to "The Mosh Pit" which is out in Cardiff.  Spent far too much money so missing out on the record was probably a good thing.  Every copy of Sirocco I come across seems to be completely munted including my own, I'm not sure why.  They all look like they were the mainstay of several parties.  The others can be found in good nick though which is great.

12 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

No - my daughter is down there at Uni - went through on my way home from being in southern NSW, she was jonesing to go out to "The Mosh Pit" which is out in Cardiff.  Spent far too much money so missing out on the record was probably a good thing.  Every copy of Sirocco I come across seems to be completely munted including my own, I'm not sure why.  They all look like they were the mainstay of several parties.  The others can be found in good nick though which is great.

I'm an old Lake Macquarie, Boolaroo lad [I know, no great claim to famexD] so I know Cardiff really well. I'm not fmiliar with the Mosh Pit, but it has been decades since I spent any time there.

I'll spin both copies of Sirocco up this arvo and see how they sound, but I'm pretty sure they'll be A1. If they're both good, I can send you a copy.............don't know what I'm going to do with two anyway, it's been so long since I played them.

Where are you living now?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1