Vinyl - Currently Spinning

13 minutes ago, FNQ Outcast said:

@cafe latte introduced me to this talented young lady, thankyou Sir...

Billie Eilish: When we all fall asleep, where do we go

Some seriously bone rattling bass... this record just keeps growing on me with every listen...

20210227_182156.jpg

Yes she is amazing.

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FNQ Outcast said:

Some seriously bone rattling bass... this record just keeps growing on me with every listen...

It is a great album - and yes the Bass is rattling to say the least - Xanny !! 

People have returned the album thinking there was something wrong with the recording.

Her brother Finneas is the real talent behind her, worth checking out a few interviews with him on YT to see how he produced these albums and incorporated the sounds affects around him, including the traffic lights "ticking" when he came to Australia and heard them.........

He also has a great album "Blood Harmony" worth checking out.

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/billie-eilish-s-bad-guy-samples-a-surprising-aussie-invention-20200128-p53vec.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Picked this up today at Air Raid Records, went through the Degritter URCM and it sounds great. A real Bayou feel from 1974

Clarence Brown, Down South ... in the Bayou Country

78D917F1-7DD0-4BAB-87B7-70C77C75D3A1.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, FNQ Outcast said:

20210227_182156.jpg

Yes bass is stunning, hope she does another album soon.

Chris

• Like 1

Gotye - Making Mirrors. 2LP 33rpm on Eleven label. Just doing some cataloging of some albums and came across this album which I have not played for many years............not the greatest pressing, but I'm enjoying having another listen this morning.

Gotye - Making Mirrors. back cover JPG.JPG

Gotye - Making Mirrors.JPG

• Like 5

After a bike ride, re-snooze and excellent breakfast I was flicking through albums for a spin and low and behold I found an earlier acquisition of a later album of a group I played yesterday (it might be too early in the day for a sentence like that).

Being the second album of this group it is not self titled but I do believe they went on to release another self titled album (their fifth album, somewhat mysteriously often referred to as M6) after a break and substantial change in band members. 

Mike + The Mechanics, The Living Years

152A9D45-F7AB-403E-8835-BEA8443A97AE.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 5