Vinyl - Currently Spinning

I’m happy to be spinning a record this weekend 

This album was first released in 1970 - but my album is a 2011 Reissue 

And also the next release after In The Court Of The Crimson King 

A great story is behind the cover art as well 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Wake Of Poseidon 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Wake-Of-Poseidon/release/3215081

7-E5-D4-ACB-639-B-4-C26-8-C04-7662-A17-A

• Like 6

Hi All,

Led Zeppelin II, Deluxe LP Outtakes, LP #2 of 2, some interesting songs, Whole Lotta Love has a rougher edge that I really like, as is Ramble On.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II/release/5743308

278685553_LedZeppelinIIDeluxeLPOutTakes.jpg.1e900aff7cfa57fcc96542a785801971.jpg

Outtakes Tracklist:
C1    Whole Lotta Love (Rough Mix With Vocal)    5:38
C2    What Is And What Should Never Be (Rough Mix With Vocal)    4:33
C3    Thank You (Backing Track)    4:21
C4    Moby Dick (Backing Track)    1:37
D1    Heartbreaker (Rough Mix With Vocal)    4:25
D2    Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) (Backing Track)    3:08
D3    Ramble On (Rough Mix With Vocal)    4:43
D4    La La (Intro/Outro Rough Mix)    4:07

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7

One of my top ten sonic experiences is the 5 channel mix on SACD of the Dire Straits album "Brothers In Arms".....it is truly brilliant.....so last night I 'sweet spot' listened to the entire album in stereo with my recently purchased 2014 Back to Black remastered reissued LP (French pressing).

I must say, it is right up there in terms of SQ.....a little different to the SACD of course but still quite brilliant. May not go quite as low bass wise but still packs a serious punch and detail and clarity are certainly not lacking. As I said in an earlier post, it is not a super quiet pressing but it matters little once the music is in full swing. Really really impressed with this reissue.

R-5736935-1491396687-9883.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spinning one of today's LP purchases, Crash Test Dummies "God Shuffled His Feet" 2019 German repress.

Been wanting this on vinyl for ages....used to thrash the CD back in the day but haven't played it for years.....been waiting for this.

Sounds very nice, great bass, nicely balanced SQ and lovely to hear the deep dulcet tones of Brad Roberts again.

A beautiful uplifting album.

R-13806375-1561743978-8812.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 8

Onto today's other purchase, Tears For Fears "Songs From The Big Chair" 2014 reissue, German pressing. Sounds pretty good so far, everything in the right place. Plenty of nice memories being evoked with this one.

R-6298468-1427029853-4860.jpeg.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Spinning one of today's LP purchases, Crash Test Dummies "God Shuffled His Feet" 2019 German repress.

Been wanting this on vinyl for ages....used to thrash the CD back in the day but haven't played it for years.....been waiting for this.

Sounds very nice, great bass, nicely balanced SQ and lovely to hear the deep dulcet tones of Brad Roberts again.

One of my favourite albums Steve! Not a bad track to be found on this one..

• Like 4

10 hours ago, stevoz said:

The Doors "The Doors" 2009 reissue, German pressing.....sounds brilliant this one! Nice pressing indeed.

I have been looking at this album too, is this the censored or uncensored version? Good to know that this is a nice pressing - seems there are some naff ones out there..............which is why I have not purchased it yet..........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

16 hours ago, stevoz said:

Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm, I think I will have a look for a copy , also have it on CD from the mid 90s.

Now playing Linda Ronstadt, Simple Dreams. 2017 Remaster and Repress.

https://www.discogs.com/Linda-Ronstadt-Simple-Dreams/release/13565105

701571958_LindaRonstadtSimpleDreams.jpg.2b10dea883854b43f34f6970f8dbe39c.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

This was still on the platter from last night and it's been stuck in my head all morning so time to cue.....and transport myself to the coolest place of the late 60's!

R-2548932-1525372734-5301.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 6

Guest Old Man Rubber

Icehouse - Primitive Man.

Picked this up along with the Flowers/Icehouse album today, had both on cassette as a teenager.  Just doesn't sound right on CD or on the streaming services but I can't put my finger on why - I think there is something weird going on with the way I remember it sounding (it was either compressed as hell on FM radio or that over-played and hissy cassette I used to have).  Either way, it's a glorious copy of the thing, cost me $30 but worth every cent.

Unfortunately the receipt got texted to the ministry of finance so I got busted.  She once fitted musicians earplugs to Iva Davies and describes the encounter in a very unflattering manner.

20210202_115104.jpg

To Top