Vinyl - Currently Spinning

I used to spend a lot of time in the S section of the record shops, too many great artists like Santana, Steely Dan, Sade and Supertramp 

Breakfast in America British pressing, it sounds amazing

184653E6-7F95-45D9-AB66-7401A597D615.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 04/01/2021 at 4:06 PM, MoveD said:

4E2B1BD1-9C81-4B6E-8236-84C66B89C714.thumb.jpeg.95d44e3cf3618009f2b568d85c20fef8.jpeg

The Strokes

The New Abnormal

I haven’t bought a Strokes’ record since Room On Fire. Wow this is great and superb SQ to boost. It’s probably the best SQ out of the three that I have including Is This It? MoV reissue.

Pressed by RTI and cut by BG! Flat and quiet pressing. 

x 100.  superb album and great sonics.       thanks for the tip.

The packaging is quite ridiculous in clear plastic sleeve and cling wrap album name and credits on the back .  came to a good compromise by wrapping the cling plastic vertically than horizontally so I can remove the record easy now  :)

Q4Z8wbM.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, metal beat said:

x 100.  superb album and great sonics.       thanks for the tip.

The packaging is quite ridiculous in clear plastic sleeve and cling wrap album name and credits on the back .  came to a good compromise by wrapping the cling plastic vertically than horizontally so I can remove the record easy now  :)

Q4Z8wbM.jpg

Yes the cling wrap is a pita! I just peel one side off but wraping it vertically works great. How come I never thought of that!? ?

5 minutes ago, MoveD said:

Yes the cling wrap is a pita! I just peel one side off but wraping it vertically works great. How come I never thought of that!? ?

LOL  - seems nobody on discogs thought of that either  ?   - so much complaining about the packaging without any easy resolution - I have fixed that now :thumb:

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

Former King Crimson bass player Peter Giles teamed up with Ian McDonald a multi instrumentalist in a short lived band - only releasing this one album in the psychedelic/ Prog genre 

Peter Giles was replaced with Greg Lake to join the newly formed King Crimson by Robert Fripp and brother Michael Giles but joining King Crimson as a guest artist on the record In The Wake Of Poseidon 

Artist - McDonald and Giles 

Title - Self 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/McDonald-And-Giles-McDonald-And-Giles/release/2025683

387-C57-BC-69-C9-443-C-BA95-C24-B37-C7-E

• Like 5

Lenny Kravitz - Raise Vibration, a great album but I’m under a bit of duress tonight during my usual daily music session. I’m painting my music room at the moment and the paint fumes are making it difficult to stay in the room, but don’t worry I will tough it out, first coat and 20% done, a fun few weeks ahead.

D742C2A5-D3C5-4AE4-AF88-A599811A8C8E.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I think it is being re-issued this February which will be good as it goes for a fortune now.....

IF they screw this up as bad as they did the 'Listen Without Predjudice' repress, HLOV has nothing to worry about.

His investment will be very sound ( or more so).  :) 

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Former King Crimson bass player Peter Giles teamed up with Ian McDonald a multi instrumentalist in a short lived band - only releasing this one album in the psychedelic/ Prog genre 

Peter Giles was replaced with Greg Lake to join the newly formed King Crimson by Robert Fripp and brother Michael Giles but joining King Crimson as a guest artist on the record In The Wake Of Poseidon 

Artist - McDonald and Giles 

Title - Self 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/McDonald-And-Giles-McDonald-And-Giles/release/2025683

387-C57-BC-69-C9-443-C-BA95-C24-B37-C7-E

That album looks very familiar! Hoping you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, April Snow said:

Indeed I can - patchouli !!

I can smell it even stronger in my UK copy.........

I really like it *mental note - must get a scented candle of patchouli* 

In my youth. My albums smelled of beer. They don't now. They must have stopped producing those ones.

Prey tell... What is patchouli. Sounds like a food dish. Is it a noodle dish April ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, needlerunner said:

In my youth. My albums smelled of beer. They don't now. They must have stopped producing those ones.

Prey tell... What is patchouli. Sounds like a food dish. Is it a noodle dish April ?

They are all mixed in together..................beer, patchouli, stale cigarettes and burnt incense..........with an underlying scent of ...............Durban Poison!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, needlerunner said:

The packaging on the first pressings of the CD, cassette, and LP were scented with patchouli to simulate church incense.

I have a Promo LP & UK Pressing - both original pressings and the smell of Patchouli is still there.

It also had a special message on Aids included.

I don't think noodles would taste nice with this though  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2