Vinyl - Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Carlos Santana Caravanserai. Part of the Welcome and Borboletta trilogy

832C03F9-7FE7-4C14-8F99-7E68D69F00BE.jpeg

Yea I like this album 

I recently played Abraxas and I was tempted to follow up with Caravanserai 

• Like 1

Mancini was a genius. Someone in this forum recommended me this album before and finally managed to get a nice US pressing. The first one is good and this is even better

The return of the Pink Panther 

8BB6E9BC-6B98-4B6E-B882-4EC1D66EFAA1.jpeg

• Like 3

Bryan Ferry ‎– The Bride Stripped Bare - 1978 - original Aussie pressing sounds superb.  Interestingly, none of the Ferry solo albums have been reissued on vinyl.   

When it happens, I hope they do a better job than the Roxy digital reissues.

5g5z7oU.jpg

iO9h9WE.jpg

• Like 5

Guest Old Man Rubber
17 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky

Damn that song to wherever he dragged it out of.  Gets me every time.

HI All,

Heilung, Lifa. Primitive, experimental folk music band made up of members from Denmark, Norway, and Germany. Their music is based on texts and runic inscriptions from Germanic peoples of the Bronze Age, Iron Age, and Viking Age. Heilung describe their music as "amplified history from early medieval northern Europe". Their music is usually about Norse Deities, Jǫtnar, and Valkyries. "Heilung" is a German word meaning "healing" in English.

Heilung.jpg.9908ad56d7979833d3e8bf1737c5cb29.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

So John Farnham next then jj?

Yes. My poor attempt at humour. I think I'm really funny after a few alcoholic bevies. For those scratching their heads. It was a play on words, Sadie The Cleaning Lady (Sade). In the light of sobriety. Not funny at all.?

• Haha 2

First time spinning the new Faithless - All Blessed album.  It's a great album with good SQ, but I'm hearing a right channel crackle on both side A and B which comes across as defective - seems I'm not alone too.  People are saying they can hear it in the quiet bits but I can hear it through many tracks too.

I'll be asking for another copy.

IMG_6654.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

First time spinning the new Faithless - All Blessed album.  It's a great album with good SQ, but I'm hearing a right channel crackle on both side A and B which comes across as defective - seems I'm not alone too.  People are saying they can hear it in the quiet bits but I can hear it through many tracks too.

I'll be asking for another copy.

IMG_6654.JPG

I can confirm my first copy had similar issues  -  perhaps u got my old copy ?

2md copy is better, but not perfect.

As u said, superb album.

• Thanks 1

More songs from the OST The Big Chill, first US pressing. Amazing sound quality and great music, I’m liking it more that the first album, it’s a shame they didn’t include RS You can’t always get what you want.

56476859-2782-4C58-9054-307EF2AB8B38.jpeg

• Like 5