Vinyl - Currently Spinning

4 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I got the 2016 (Kevin Gray Remaster) as it was recommended on the SHF as the best reissue, but after hearing the 2020 one (in either Peach or Black) I doubt I will play the 2016 again in a hurry as I like the 2020 so much more as there is just a lot more detail. I found Prince's vocals so dynamic and right out there - I just loved it so much - on first spin I cried coz it was so different to what I had heard before, I was totally moved. I realised then what a masterpiece it was ?

I am glad to have both the Peach and Black though, neither copy is shabby - just the Peach one easier to grab off the shelf to play - that big box set is a heavy sucker !!

I worry for the music world when we lose Kevin & Bernie though ...................they have the midas touch.

Glad you have been enjoying some Purple over the holidays. I am on holidays too, so intend to enjoy some more Purple too. I have the Sign o The Times in the big CD/Book set to listen to as well, but it does not sound as good as the vinyl I admit - but I had to have it.....................(OMG I am so weak !!!!!! ?)

if you spin the singles mixes and edits from the box set and play House quake or Hit Thing.  This sounds closer to the original pressing  than the new 2020 remaster to give you an idea on how it sounds in tonal quality.

• Like 2

Hi All,

A little Pre -Christmas Music by The Flaming Lips, Imagene Peise, Atlas Eets Christmas

1260801086_FlamingLips(ImagenePeise)AtlasEetsChristmas.jpg.32797fdf47acbf83ca411731ebd3a189.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Winter Wonderland    3:45
A2    Silver Bells    2:41
A3    Christmas Laughing Waltz (Including Jingle Bells)    4:29
A4    Silent Night    3:18
A5    Atlas Eets Christmas    3:08
B1    Do You Hear What I Hear?    4:01
B2    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas    3:00
B3    White Christmas (Binson Echorec Sleigh Ride)    3:19
B4    Frosty The Snowman    2:32
B5    Christmas Kindness Song    3:09
B6    The Christmas Song    3:41

JJ

• Like 5

Dido - Still On My Mind

Latest album from her and very good.

All her previous vinyl goes for cricket score prices these days, and this record is all but unknown in America (COVID curtailed the world tour), so grab it on Amazon as cheap as $16 delivered (from time to time). ?

IMG_2867.jpg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 4

Knocked off early on Christmas Eve 

Needed a fix of music and decided to go back to the beginning 

This album was the catalyst for my love of progressive rock

It’s also the first record I purchased at the age of 12 or 13 ? 
The original album was lent out - but not returned and had to be replaced some years later (1978 ) 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/6443573

5-B0-FA72-E-60-CD-40-D6-951-D-89-F15-E77

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I have been waiting for this since the morning when the silver beauty arrived. It was hard to decide which record should be the first one to play. This was the one. Grover Washington Jr Soul Box, Hypnotised by the VU meters and that bass,

B215955D-8A3F-475A-9DB3-3CCE5543F854.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, metal beat said:

so do I.  But its not upside down like your others :)

keep forgetting when using ipad to have home button on the right.just check who can read while standing on their heads

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, progladyte said:

Thought I'd spin a few favourites for Christmas......

acp.jpg

bcr.jpg

cato.jpg

cs.jpg

gun.jpg

jb.jpg

jn.jpg

jr.jpg

liber.jpg

mrh.jpg

teef.jpg

tt.jpg

wh.jpg

ws.jpg

xxxx.jpg

aerta.jpg

xxxxx.jpg

I just love the way that my sick sense of humour has appealed to so many of you reprobate members.

You all need some therapy methinks.......... ?

But hey, thanks for so much great input during the year, some inspirational ideas and your mate-ship.

Have a really great Christmas guys despite whatever lock-downs you are affected by and let's look forward to a much improved 2021. Let's face it, it can't have been much shitter - (is that such a word these days) (worse than 2020.

Cheers and beers

Prog

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

To Top