Vinyl - Currently Spinning

5 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

@needlerunner I ordered the same 'Factory' Box Set, left the same day as yours and has the current arrival as 17th December ???

Currently have Nick Cave on the TT, Nocturama

1181203484_NickCave.jpg.e95d9fc1b21da5b928d00735fcd53fe8.jpg

JJ

Have not played them yet JJ. Friend came round and l got on the beers. That reptilian part of my brain still tells me that vinyl and alcohol, do not mix. Glad l still listen.... instinctively. So maybe tomorrow. Still can't believe it arrived from the UK in 5 days.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Neil Young, Home Grown. Recorded mid to late 1974, recorded after the release of On the Beach and before the sessions for Zuma, but only released in June this tear.

804864207_NeilYoungHomeGrown.jpg.b8c21ed290f683bff0c3cc7e3fef406e.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Arrived yesterday. So it's all the artists from the Factory label...l believe ( didn't do a lot of research). 

Not listened to yet (evening session). Everthing pristine and well packaged. Very sturdy box.  Already checked for warps...?

Bought this on a whim and for nostalgic value. Love New Order and Joy Division. Not heard of any of the other artists on the Factory Records label, but thinking they might be similar, so therefore good. This box set comes with 8 records, all in their bright coloured sleeves and matching record labels. Comes with a great booklet too. Going to enjoy reading this.

Best thing was the price $106 + shipping through Amazon (now $170, still good for 8 albums). Get this though. Left Heathrow 30 Nov, at my door 4 Dec. Thought l would be getting this mid Jan or beyond. So early Christmas present to one's self.

Will post my findings after a good listen. Gotta feeling I'm going to enjoy these albums. Hope the sq matches the presentation. You gotta  Love box sets, hey!

If anyone else has heard these records, feel free to chip in.

? K

16071504040861087108588624426366.jpg

16071504518228490553972056433266.jpg

I have had it for about 6 weeks now - similar price.  nice mastering, excellent pressings, great music and better price -  a classy box set and bargin for any price under $200.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Late Night Tales Presents Automatic Soul, curated by Tom Findlay of Groove Amada, LP #1 of 3

407164204_LateNightTalesPresentsAutomaticSoul.jpg.d95a21578586b9ca5ff8e7e94179f15c.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    –René & Angela    I'll Be Good    7:26
A2    –Zapp    Heartbreaker (Part I, Part II)    7:22
A3    –Timex Social Club    Rumors    4:49
B1    –Mtume    Juicy Fruit    5:53
B2    –Sugardaddy Featuring Ronika    Don't Look Any Further    3:55
B3    –Meli'sa Morgan    Fool's Paradise    5:01

JJ

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

More record storage space needed, mate!! I do empathise though.xD

Nothing like a slow hand for Norah too.

I need a new place, I’m keeping an eye on the classifieds maybe a vintage town house will show up 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, awayward said:

Foreigner with the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, the 60 piece orchestra and 70 piece choir really make this album something special.

D5B1D791-FD7D-4B49-8D4F-EDDD3945721C.jpeg

Is Lou Gram in the band and singing ?     It says some guy called Kelly Hansen :(

4 hours ago, metal beat said:

I have had it for about 6 weeks now - similar price.  nice mastering, excellent pressings, great music and better price -  a classy box set and bargin for any price under $200.

Ah, t"was you MB. I thought l saw a post somewhere, but couldn't remember who from. So thanks for the heads up mate.

Have listened to the first 2 albums MB. Yes sq is very good. Some of the obscure artist are quite good arnt they  There is even a reggae band on the 1st album that supprised me. I am liking what l am hearing so far. A lot of it is quite raw and unpretentious (as post punk should be). Won't say too much more, spoil the supprise for others; but looking forward to what @janjuc has to say about it.

Interestingly, jj was the first respondent to my very first post, when l first joined, a couple of years ago. I think it was a Porcupine Tree album.

Bagain of the year for mine. All l had to do was slip some MoFi sleeves into the coloured ones. Job done. Now to enjoy the other 6 albums.

? K

• Like 2

To Top