A3    –Holy Other    Yr Love    4:42
A4    –Teebs    Verbena Tea    4:24
B1    –Nils Frahm    More    8:56
B2    –Songs Of Green Pheasant    I Am Daylights    3:45
B3    –Evenings (2)    Babe    2:52
B4    –Letherette    After Dawn    4:31

JJ

Hey JJ,

How does this album sound?  I have Immunity and love it.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest Old Man Rubber

Apollo 100 - Reach for the sky

More like reach for the stop button.  I have no idea what this is - a pile of strange covers and some classical re-interpretations (although "Joy" was used in the movie Boogie Nights).  It's...weird.  Also a little unpleasant.

20201123_075629.jpg

Guest Old Man Rubber

Erotic Dreams - A Late Night Album for Late Night Lovers.

Some kind of crazy Telmak low budget thing, a pile of covers with uncredited musicians.

In the interest of science I decided to put the back cover instructions to the test:

A late night album for late night lovers

Get together with your favourite person,

mix your favourite drink,

put "EROTIC DREAMS"

on the Hi-Fi set,

turn the lights down low

and let the music do the rest...

I am generally more of a morning person - my favourite drink in the morning is a double shot espresso and I had trouble controlling the light this morning given the sun is coming up around 6:00am through our east facing bedroom doors.  I followed the instructions as closely as I could under the circumstances.  However I could not convince my other half that this was conducive to any kind of marital relations whatever, she decided she would rather to go work.

20201123_082318.jpg

AC/DC "Power Up" LP (German pressing). 

Yes.....again!:P This time, I thought I'd do a mini review, now that I have listened to this about eight times and am becoming much more familiar with it, to the point that entire songs are getting stuck in my head (a good sign).

Straight up, I'll declare that this is one of AC/DC's better albums. I'd say their best since the underrated 'Ballbreaker', some say their best since The Razor's Edge. I do rate 'Black Ice' highly and the word is, a lot of this album comes from excess songs from that era and you get a sense that is true.....but I would say some of the Power Up songs are better than a few on Black Ice, which probably could have been three songs shorter. 

I like every song on Power Up but a few stand out as potential Acca classics.....my favourites at this point are Realize, (super catchy banger), Rejection (a rocker with questionable lyrics), Demon Fire (fast and furious), Witches Spell (Cliff shines), Money Shot (best solo) and System Down (heavy groover). All songs have something catchy about them and the album is well produced and of course, impeccably performed. Brian is back in a big way.....his vocals are outstanding. Angus could have let rip a little more but is still on song, Cliff is on top of his game, Stevie is frankly Malcolm Mk II (big call!) and Phil is still propelling the groove and power in ways only he can.

There is absolutely no doubt this is the best album in history by any band whose average age is 67!xD

Sonically it is fantastic and this German pressing is dead quiet....it is a very impressive production overall. Charting at one or two pretty much everywhere in the world, it is easy to see why......it is undeniably classic AC/DC with some fresh twists......and who could be disappointed in that?! Not me..... B|

ALBUM REVIEW: AC/DC – Power Up – The Rockpit

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1