Vinyl - Currently Spinning

This (Australian) band has come across my radar several times recently and I received this album as a gift for my birthday this week. I really enjoyed the album.  Some of it was reminiscent of the Commitments.  

The Tesky Brothers, Run Home Slow

E7443666-2E77-4319-8CF1-3A77F160596C.jpeg

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, hlov said:

My audiophile copy of the Crime of the Century

F1808891-2DC5-4350-97F3-AEE8D281DBF3.jpeg

I was going to ask what makes it an audiophile copy and then I looked closely at the pic and it says Audiophile on the jacket.?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I was going to ask what makes it an audiophile copy and then I looked closely at the pic and it says Audiophile on the jacket.?

Cheers,

Keith

You are an smart man, apparently there are few albums on that serie, I have a Herb Alpert one. Honestly they sound fantastic

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hlov said:

It says A&M records audiophile Series

558C91C2-506A-4BE1-9F58-8A587A21C846.jpeg

Yep, that’s what I thought and they have merged or combined with Universal, Geffen and Verve labels. Funny you mentioned Herb Alpert earlier, he was the founder of A & M originally, so no surprise he’d get a gig for his records on his own label.?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, that’s what I thought and they have merged or combined with Universal, Geffen and Verve labels. Funny you mentioned Herb Alpert earlier, he was the founder of A & M originally, so no surprise he’d get a gig for his records on his own label.?

Cheers,

Keith

https://www.discogs.com/Supertramp-Crime-Of-The-Century/release/6857658

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I also have that album. but I don't think that I've ever payed it for some reason.

It sounds really nice, the live version of Hotel California is great

H

• Like 1

Lady Gaga

Chromatica

Limited Edition Silver

JB Exclusive picked up in their 20% off sale on Wednesday ?

Shame it has not got a jacket - shall have to sort out something there, it is a flawless pressing though and sounds incredible - but would have been more perfect if they released it with a proper LP sleeve and not like a Picture Disc in a crappy plastic sleeve.

IMG_5043.JPG

R-15388646-1590749651-7690.jpg

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

That is very unusual packaging 

So it does not have a record cover - And is packaged in just a see through folder thing ?

Yep same way picture discs are. It is sad too, because the artwork for this album is amazing and should have been put on the vinyl releases.

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica/release/15388646

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Ayreon, Electric Castle Live. This is my second listen to the 3 LPs since Wednesday, SQ is excellent and the feeling is almost like being at the concert.

1442469946_TheElectricCastleLiveAyreon.jpg.2d2d654822ee17811fb1c7cf1dc16735.jpg

JJ

Hi JJ.

Not come across this band before.

But l always have a listen to most of your posts, especially prog artists.

So l tuned into Spotify for a listen to this album. First track, l say to myself; man that vocalist sounds like Fish. I was so certain l had to google it. Yep it's him alright, guest vocalist. So I'm a fan already.

I'm halfway through the album and I'm really really liking it.  So that's another artist to add to my growing list. So mate, l thank you...unfortunately my wallet does not.

Cheers.?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Yep same way picture discs are. It is sad too, because the artwork for this album is amazing and should have been put on the vinyl releases.

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica/release/15388646

Some advertising gurus “ light bulb moment “  idea I’d guess 

I say the cover and packaging has backfired big time 

• Like 2

Hi All,

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Hi JJ.

Not come across this band before.

But l always have a listen to most of your posts, especially prog artists.

So l tuned into Spotify for a listen to this album. First track, l say to myself; man that vocalist sounds like Fish. I was so certain l had to google it. Yep it's him alright, guest vocalist. So I'm a fan already.

I'm halfway through the album and I'm really really liking it.  So that's another artist to add to my growing list. So mate, l thank you...unfortunately my wallet does not.

Cheers.?

I should ask for my $5 "Spotters Fee" ??

After going out to visit for afternoon tea, back to spinning, Deep Purple then Jon Lord

1127751859_DeepPurpleLastJapan.jpg.599b2f3fb73d0913c70a0326f0ac62a2.jpg

1461500849_WindowsJohnLord.jpg.31025887a9fabe79750d6d5c578d6325.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

I should ask for my $5 "Spotters Fee" ??

After going out to visit for afternoon tea, back to spinning, Deep Purple then Jon Lord

1127751859_DeepPurpleLastJapan.jpg.599b2f3fb73d0913c70a0326f0ac62a2.jpg

1461500849_WindowsJohnLord.jpg.31025887a9fabe79750d6d5c578d6325.jpg

JJ

Do you have the album by Storm Corrosion (self titled). If not, I think you would really like it. It is Mikael... from Opeth and Steven Wilson.

You probably gave me the heads up on this one as well... so l owe you $10.

To Top