Vinyl - Currently Spinning

9 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Beatles 

1962-1966

180g Gatefold

Europe

Nice ?

Thought I better post something "non 80s" for @furtherpale (seeing he is anti 80s) ?

IMG_3471.JPG

That’s an all analogue chain on those, but a mix of mono and “stereo” (ie swung left or right) - but if you have a mono switch, it’s 80% as good as ‘mono masters’ for 1/4 the price!!!

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, furtherpale said:

That’s an all analogue chain on those, but a mix of mono and “stereo” (ie swung left or right) - but if you have a mono switch, it’s 80% as good as ‘mono masters’ for 1/4 the price!!!

46 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Van Der Graaf Generator, The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other, could have placed in the "Weird, Avante Garde & "Out There" Spinning" area.

VDGG.jpg.be124c31d532d018ed987c1e71103991.jpg

JJ

Funny you mention MONO - 

I have been given a few records by someone from my work (was his father in laws) and I am sorting through them now and cleaning them up to see what may interest me and what to donate. 

But one of them is a MONO record from 1968.

Do I need a special Stylus to play this?

Will it ruin my Ortofon Bronze MM if I do?

I don't think my Amp has a mono switch (Marantz NR1200)

This is the album -

seems it might be quite valuable.....

it appears in mint condition - not one scratch or scuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Dudley-Moore-Bedazzled/release/2212153

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Funny you mention MONO - 

I have been given a few records by someone from my work (was his father in laws) and I am sorting through them now and cleaning them up to see what may interest me and what to donate. 

But one of them is a MONO record from 1968.

Do I need a special Stylus to play this?

Will it ruin my Ortofon Bronze MM if I do?

I don't think my Amp has a mono switch (Marantz NR1200)

This is the album -

seems it might be quite valuable.....

it appears in mint condition - not one scratch or scuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Dudley-Moore-Bedazzled/release/2212153

You won’t break anything - it will just sound a lot better with a mono switch, and even better again with a mono cartridge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

You won’t break anything - it will just sound a lot better with a mono switch, and even better again with a mono cartridge.

OK thank you - wanted to check - not come across an oldie like this before - being mostly the 80s/90s gal I am ?

• Like 2

After being assured by @furtherpale it is safe to drop my needle on a Mono Record without wrecking my stylus I did...........(holding my breath to see if there would be explosions.............LOL)

This has come into my possession - a work mate brought in about a dozen records that was his Father in Laws he was going to drop off to charity - I asked if I could look through them first, and clean them up and maybe donate what is not of interest. Most records are Welsh Folk/Jazz & some James Last (they will be donated) but I kept a George Benson (not something I would buy but was almost NM and I enjoyed it) but this one was interesting................I could see it was "something special" - recognising Decca Label and the London Record shop label on the front made me smile too...............

It is almost MINT !! (plays flawlessly)

It was dirty and needed some love - but not one scratch or scuff - and it plays like a velvet dream and so beautiful !!!!!!

And a look on Discogs also says quite valuable - $285 pounds for a Minty one.

Anyway, shall stay in my collection because it is historical to me and it means his FIL will smile from heaven ?

Dudley Moore ‎– Bedazzled

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

60282096454__EB5F36DE-E042-4B88-BF7E-2AABC0FAE3EF.JPG

60282108170__CE594558-325C-4E7E-BF33-F4923B3D578A.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4

Afternoon Folks.

A quick spin before heading back to the kitchen for dinner service...

Bob Marley and The Wailers  'Live; Boston Music Hall 1978'  Musicbank. 2017 KB Imports, UK.

230009845_BobMarleyandTheWailersLiveBostonMusicHall1978Musicbank.2017KBImportsUK.front.JPG.fd08d7f5906f33e5e402309109642a2e.JPG

Yes... from The Reject Shop, but not a bad slab o' vinyl.

G'day @furtherpale  In the 80's especially, I would never listen to Roxy Music or a host of other popular artists, however, they sure did worm their way into my psyche.  Parties, FM airwaves, and of course a plethora of  old compilation albums which graced many Aussie collections.

It's a great sounding record, and a soothing listen.

Re; the Sabbath reissue - I will get onto it tonight my man.

Is anyone else have issues with text jumping around as you type??? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Afternoon Folks.

A quick spin before heading back to the kitchen for dinner service...

Bob Marley and The Wailers  'Live; Boston Music Hall 1978'  Musicbank. 2017 KB Imports, UK.

230009845_BobMarleyandTheWailersLiveBostonMusicHall1978Musicbank.2017KBImportsUK.front.JPG.fd08d7f5906f33e5e402309109642a2e.JPG

Yes... from The Reject Shop, but not a bad slab o' vinyl.

G'day @furtherpale  In the 80's especially, I would never listen to Roxy Music or a host of other popular artists, however, they sure did worm their way into my psyche.  Parties, FM airwaves, and of course a plethora of  old compilation albums which graced many Aussie collections.

It's a great sounding record, and a soothing listen.

Re; the Sabbath reissue - I will get onto it tonight my man.

Is anyone else have issues with text jumping around as you type??? 

I pity your psyche ?

just stirring s***

Edited by furtherpale

@furtherpale

Hey mate, I don't have any of the numbers off the Sabbath record to check with discogs. 

This album info for my cover pic is from discogs...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, April Snow said:

After being assured by @furtherpale it is safe to drop my needle on a Mono Record without wrecking my stylus I did...........(holding my breath to see if there would be explosions.............LOL)

This has come into my possession - a work mate brought in about a dozen records that was his Father in Laws he was going to drop off to charity - I asked if I could look through them first, and clean them up and maybe donate what is not of interest. Most records are Welsh Folk/Jazz & some James Last (they will be donated) but I kept a George Benson (not something I would buy but was almost NM and I enjoyed it) but this one was interesting................I could see it was "something special" - recognising Decca Label and the London Record shop label on the front made me smile too...............

It is almost MINT !! (plays flawlessly)

It was dirty and needed some love - but not one scratch or scuff - and it plays like a velvet dream and so beautiful !!!!!!

And a look on Discogs also says quite valuable - $285 pounds for a Minty one.

Anyway, shall stay in my collection because it is historical to me and it means his FIL will smile from heaven ?

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

60282096454__EB5F36DE-E042-4B88-BF7E-2AABC0FAE3EF.JPG

60282108170__CE594558-325C-4E7E-BF33-F4923B3D578A.JPG

Has your Marantz amp got a mono switch?

• Like 1

Hi All,

6 hours ago, jamesrc said:

What fantastic looking vinyl!  Hard to spot the tracks I imagine

Not really when seen 'in the flesh'  there is a fairly distinct gap between the respective tracks.

Currently on another reissue by Nick drake, Five Leaves Left, a boxed LP with bits and pieces of copies of tickets to shows, billboards, hand written notes of the songs etc, in a box that has a well worn lookinging LP cover as the frontcover.

763664819_5LeavesLeft.jpg.e554975f2f0b1fae87d7047f3a34901a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

Hi All,

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

Ah, I remember seeing this as a 16yo at the local picture theatre, takes me back ?

Currently listening to something that is easy to listen to whilst getting dinner ready, Wings Over America

Wings.jpg.4c84d846d497434fc5803db11758d370.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Ah, I remember seeing this as a 16yo at the local picture theatre, takes me back ?

Currently listening to something that is easy to listen to whilst getting dinner ready, Wings Over America

Wings.jpg.4c84d846d497434fc5803db11758d370.jpg

JJ

Awwwwwwww how nice to trigger off a lovely memory for you - the best thing about music are the triggers (well the good triggers in life) - I am surprised I really liked the musical part (not the two vocal tracks though) - but I did enjoy the rest of it as it sounded incredible ..................enjoy your dinner - hope it is better than mine will be - I am having boring chicken sausages (arrrghhhhhhhh buy too many records and have to eat Sangers - hahahahahaha)

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

To Top