Sign in to follow this  
blybo

Test Cricket: India Tour 2017

Who said test cricket was boring... Aside from the landmine encrusted pitch of the first test, the 2nd test is looking like a beauty.

I watched the majority of the first 2 days live and yesterday (day 2) was some of the most engrossing cricket I've seen this this side of an ashes battle. Tough tough cricket by both sides but so far Aus seem to have the mental edge, and perhaps the rub of the green so far.

** I've just noticed that the Cricket Australia's web site has "boss mode" that makes the ball by ball score update look like an Excel spreadsheet. Nice :thumb:

Nearly 80 in front with 4 wickets in hand. One would think a 150 lead would just about crush the Indian confidence to fit back.

Guest Hensa
Nearly 80 in front with 4 wickets in hand. One would think a 150 lead would just about crush the Indian confidence to fit back.

Blimey! Saw your post and quickly checked the score - all out with a lead of 87.... If we bowl well, it should be enough but we wouldn't want to be chasing any more than 150 on this pitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Hensa said:

Blimey! Saw your post and quickly checked the score - all out with a lead of 87.... If we bowl well, it should be enough but we wouldn't want to be chasing any more than 150 on this pitch!

Should have kept my mouth shut.

I love the hubris that Aussie supporters can bring to a blog on cricket.

Smith started the downhill slide when he chose to rise to Kohli's baiting and then a succession of really poor shot selection and batting indiscipline ensued and they handed the mental edge back to the Indians, virtually opened the door for them and said: Here lads have back your ascendancy.

And so it's proving, India have nearly knocked over half the deficit which was never ever going to be enough. The first session is comprehensively theirs.

I'd be putting money on an Aus loss here if I was a betting man. Really stupid gameplan from the Aus brains trust.

They'd of been much better off just zipping their lips and knuckling down to a grinding grasping innings.

Compelling cricket. I watch the cricinfo blog & have been listening to grandstand digital through the lappie at home, so it is really difficult to actually follow the nuances of the contest. If it was on free-to-air I'd be glued to the vision. We haven't seen the Indian batsmen with their tails up yet. This next session will be crucial to the outcome.

@mikey d  mikey, free,legal live streaming of the Test here>>> Click

I've got it on my PC and also mirrored onto the TV in the cave

Thanks Lee @Luc. Just gotta watch my data ;)

And India lose their first wicket. Yay for us.

Smith drops a first slip catch...

Didn't know about this - excellent.

I wonder whether M Marsh will bowl India out in this innings?

47 minutes ago, Luc said:

And India lose their first wicket. Yay for us.

Smith drops a first slip catch...

Smith catches one at first slip :)

Smith catches one at first slip [emoji4]

Best catch you will ever see - like a cat isn't he?
Dangerous time for Australia though if a few Indian batsmen push up the score to be 200 ahead .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remains very interesting. The seamer is getting the wickets. Bring on M Marsh!

I love the hubris that Aussie supporters can bring to a blog on cricket.
Smith started the downhill slide when he chose to rise to Kohli's baiting and then a succession of really poor shot selection and batting indiscipline ensued and they handed the mental edge back to the Indians, virtually opened the door for them and said: Here lads have back your ascendancy.

And so it's proving, India have nearly knocked over half the deficit which was never ever going to be enough. The first session is comprehensively theirs.

I'd be putting money on an Aus loss here if I was a betting man. Really stupid gameplan from the Aus brains trust.
They'd of been much better off just zipping their lips and knuckling down to a grinding grasping innings.

Like to reconsider this post? The best batsmen in the world hasn't got past 20 in the 2 test in his own backyard. Smith has a ton and a huge catch.

Not saying we have this won but 4 down for a virtual 35. India could still put this beyond us but we have done everything right so far.

It's always entertaining reading the reposes to articles in cricinfo. Unsurprisingly, the Indian readers are not impressed with the Kohli decision or DRS. Many followers just don't understand the laws of cricket. Test match cricket truly is the pinnacle of human endeavour :)

Reconsider? Never.

Backward and step aren't in the lexicon.

Reconsider? Never.
Backward and step aren't in the lexicon.

Nor the Australian coat of arms

At last, M Marsh gets the ball. The Indian innings will be over very quickly.

Pass me some of that stuff your on Mikey.

25 minutes ago, Luc said:

Pass me some of that stuff your on Mikey.

from the left hand side......

an interesting first session. it's a funny game cricket!

188 required.

Just out of reach I would have thought, but who knows.

Now they can't get the number 11 out.

If there was a time for Warner to show his serious side then this innings coming up would be it.

The new lads, the batters, Renshaw and Handscomb have shown that wonderful perspective so far and I hope they continue with it.

188 to win...

22 fer 1...we're doomed, DOOMED...DoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmed.

Anyone watching this, notice just how clueless Warner is against spin? There is a very good reason why he has no batting record in the Subcontinent.