Gryphon Atilla

Considering a Gryphon Atilla integrated amp but not sure if a bit over the top to drive a pair of Proac Response 2 boxes.

Also in the mix the Densen B-130XS which I have demo'd in store the Atilla would be unheard. Front end is Macmini/Audirvana/ Hugo.

Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Did you demo wth the Densen with your Pro Ac's? I would be more inclined to go the Gryphon. That is my personal bias as I like em. Depends on how well do you know /trust the seller. Both Danish Both good but me thinks buying a S/H Atilla is if it is in excellent condition & working order a savvy investment in HQ amplification. Your Pro Acs will thank you for it.

Will be the best your proacs will ever sound and you can upgrade speakers a fair way before even thinking of a different amp.
If it's in budget do it for sure.

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Boris, only heard the Densen in store on some VAF stand mounts of a similar size to the Proacs, it was a step up on the Primare 32i demo'd at the same time. Atilla is second hand belonging to an audio store owner in QLD and $1500 over the Densen, boxed, pictures show in like new condition & with a 2 year warranty.
Excellent point bunno.

• Like 1

I've heard the Atilla with the Proac Studio 1 at a store.  My impression was that it was detailed but non-fatiguing, and it had quite a dark character.  Never heard a Densen amp though.

• Like 1

That's good to hear Muscat as obviously i will not get an opportunity to demo and my room is a little on the bright side. Densen sounded more natural & musical than the Primare, though a very bland exterior and somewhat annoying "tick" when adjusting the volume.

1 hour ago, hammerharry said:

That's good to hear Muscat as obviously i will not get an opportunity to demo and my room is a little on the bright side. Densen sounded more natural & musical than the Primare, though a very bland exterior and somewhat annoying "tick" when adjusting the volume.

If it's annoying at the demo, it will only get more annoying at home. If the Gryphon is at a good price, hopefully you should be able to sell it without too much loss if you don't like it.

• Like 1

If it's annoying at the demo, it will only get more annoying at home. If the Gryphon is at a good price, hopefully you should be able to sell it without too much loss if you don't like it.

Or tell me where it's for sale and take it out of the equation hahaha....

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hammerharry said:

Nap250 did you downsize to an integrated recently from a classic Naim combo? What did you decide on?

Devialet Le 200

• Like 1