Sign in to follow this  
Steve M

Singxer SU-1 USB Bridge ~ A Game Changer for USB and Computer Audio.

1 hour ago, scumbag said:

I thought the telema was pretty good? I've read a lot about people tweaking the Gustard and the Melodious XMOS units but haven't seen anything on the Singxer to date.

There's at least one thread on CA where folks report significant improvements using better linear supplies (including the LPS-1). This prompted DC adapter products from Kitsune and Sonore (although I'm not sure of the latter ever made it to production).

- r

3 hours ago, Stereophilus said:

I have a Singxer SU-1 on the way.  I'll be interested to see how it improves the Mola-Mola DAC, if at all.  A few brief questions to existing owners if I may:

1. Does USB "pre-conditioning" still matter? Eg Regen, Jitterbugs, W4S reclocker, etc

2. I have a Wireworld Oasis AES/EBU digital interconnect, any opinions on best SPDIF from Singxer to DAC?

3. Anyone noticing the power cable to the Singxer making a difference?

I trialled a Cardas AES/EBU and compared it to an Aurealis Audio Pure Silver 75 Ohm RCA to RCA with the ETI connections and I couldn't detect any difference (and saved a fair chunk of money) so I would stick with your current cable. https://www.aurealisaudio.com.au/digital-cables/.  Also a great way to support a local cable guy.

I'm keen to try a jitterbug so that could be my next tweak. I am running an Antipodes DS Reference (the older cigar case) into the Singxer into my Devialet LE 200, I tried it with my Meitner Dac and didn't like it as much as using the usb input on the Dac.

50 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

I trialled a Cardas AES/EBU and compared it to an Aurealis Audio Pure Silver 75 Ohm RCA to RCA with the ETI connections and I couldn't detect any difference (and saved a fair chunk of money) so I would stick with your current cable. https://www.aurealisaudio.com.au/digital-cables/.  Also a great way to support a local cable guy.

I'm keen to try a jitterbug so that could be my next tweak. I am running an Antipodes DS Reference (the older cigar case) into the Singxer into my Devialet LE 200, I tried it with my Meitner Dac and didn't like it as much as using the usb input on the Dac.

I too placed an order last night for this coax cable. I was planning on feeding my F-1 with my Regen and Curious cables but looks like adding a jitterbug to the chain might improve things!

3 hours ago, Nap250 said:

Yes, I have tried some of Geoff's analog cables with good results.  Interesting experience on the Meitner.

A friend has the Berkeley alpha USB bridge which I might compare to the Singxer as well.

5 hours ago, Stereophilus said:

Yes, I have tried some of Geoff's analog cables with good results.  Interesting experience on the Meitner.

A friend has the Berkeley alpha USB bridge which I might compare to the Singxer as well.

Would you please let us know what effect the jitterbug has in the chain when you get around to trying it. 

The Alpha comparison would be interesting given it had been around for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Nap250 said:

Would you please let us know what effect the jitterbug has in the chain when you get around to trying it. 

The Alpha comparison would be interesting given it had been around for a long time. 

Of course, I'll post here with some thoughts after I've set it up.

18 hours ago, Stereophilus said:

It will be interesting to hear if the Singxer can hold its own against a $3000 plus converter.

Edited by BAM

Just ordered a SU-1. Time to join the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just ordered the jitterbug to see if it makes any difference in the chain. 

I'd like to know if the jitterbug will make a difference if you already have a Regen in the chain.

Hi @Stereophilus ,

I assume that I am the owner of the Berkeley.  When you are ready the comparison will be interesting.  It only does XLR and Spidif out.  I did consider at one time sending the Berkeley to @BAM to do a comparison but that didn't happen. 

Cheers

John

Edited by Assisi
spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

Hi @Stereophilus ,

I assume that I am the owner of the Berkeley.  When you are ready the comparison will be interesting.  It only does XLR and Spidif out.  I did consider at one time sending the Berkeley to @BAM to do a comparison but that didn't happen. 

Cheers

John

You guessed right John!  I'll be in touch when my Singxer is set up.

7 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

You guessed right John!  I'll be in touch when my Singxer is set up.

It would be interesting to throw a yellotec puc2 into the mix as well. 

Edited by scumbag

6 minutes ago, scumbag said:

It would be interesting to throw a yellotec puc2 into the mix as well. 

If someone is willing to part with theirs temporarily, or bring one along, then yes, that can be done.

3 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

If someone is willing to part with theirs temporarily, or bring one along, then yes, that can be done.

The tyranny of distance.