Fetch Owners & Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, :) al said:

probably related to what you tv is doing with it. i use 1080p50 keep in mind the paid channels themselves are not that great, and could be worse depending on streaming quality you have access to. we cancelled all that. but do get some free included ones. appletv 4k is much better for netflix and such. the fetch tv is really a good fta thing. rest is average in my opinion.

Thanks. I will even try 720p@50 tonight and also 1080i@50hz and see if motion is better.

I have good internet 100/3 via telstra cable. What are the free streaming channels fetch provide? I don't use netflix or stan. I have fetch because of some of the streaming channels like TVB(world pack) and also travel channel etc.

2 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks. I will even try 720p@50 tonight and also 1080i@50hz and see if motion is better.

I have good internet 100/3 via telstra cable. What are the free streaming channels fetch provide? I don't use netflix or stan. I have fetch because of some of the streaming channels like TVB(world pack) and also travel channel etc.

our fetch was free through optus, and it comes wiht choice of one free channel pack, we get to choose, can choose a different one every month. but its not so crash hot. we leave it on documentary to watch the odd thing if bored.

13 minutes ago, :) al said:

our fetch was free through optus, and it comes wiht choice of one free channel pack, we get to choose, can choose a different one every month. but its not so crash hot. we leave it on documentary to watch the odd thing if bored.

oh ok :) I got mine retail via jb hifi

• 2 months later...

Well have done the deal with optus to get Fetch.

All I get is DHCP 2.2 not compatible if I try to pass it through my Yamaha 3083 Receiver.

Going directly to my PJ it worked, well kind off.

I could set it up with out sound , then as soon as  it get routed via the Yammy I get the incompatibility warning even though the Yammy IS compliant!!

Online it seems a common issue. 

What have you guys done?

Any suggestions??

I am on the phone in the line waiting for Optus  to pickup and talk to me,fingers tapping!

23 minutes ago, joz said:

I am on the phone in the line waiting for Optus  to pickup and talk to me,fingers tapping!

dont waste your time :)

23 minutes ago, joz said:

Any suggestions??

yep its due to dodgy DHCP programming own part of fetch, this was established by head tech at marantz (qualifi) locally,

there is a very simple fix. you go to office works or jay car and buy a splitter

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-2-port-hdmi-splitter-cohd102

dont use as a splitter... you just pass cable in one end from fetch and other end plug in cable to telly.

can also use the jay car one, what these inadvertently do is they strip HDCP so no handshake required.

why you are getting this is you are plugging a 4k hdcp 2.2 device via avr into a non hdcp 2.2 device. what should normally happen is it should just down res for the display and work seamlessly. the fetch programming for hdcp is screwed so you get the error.

never matter use the splitter/stripper and all will be fine.

you buy from office works or jay car so if any problem and it doesnt work for you. you just return.

ps am pretty sure I documented this in the hello fetch thread I posted :)

jay car one,

https://www.jaycar.com.au/2-port-hdmi-splitter-with-uhd-4k-support/p/AC1710

if you have a splitter lying around ... use it likely will also do the same :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, betty boop said:

dont waste your time :)

yep its due to dodgy DHCP programming own part of fetch, this was established by head tech at marantz (qualifi) locally,

there is a very simple fix. you go to office works or jay car and buy a splitter

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-2-port-hdmi-splitter-cohd102

dont use as a splitter... you just pass cable in one end from fetch and other end plug in cable to telly.

can also use the jay car one, what these inadvertently do is they strip HDCP so no handshake required.

why you are getting this is you are plugging a 4k hdcp 2.2 device via avr into a non hdcp 2.2 device. what should normally happen is it should just down res for the display and work seamlessly. the fetch programming for hdcp is screwed so you get the error.

never matter use the splitter/stripper and all will be fine.

you buy from office works or jay car so if any problem and it doesnt work for you. you just return.

ps am pretty sure I documented this in the hello fetch thread I posted :)

jay car one,

https://www.jaycar.com.au/2-port-hdmi-splitter-with-uhd-4k-support/p/AC1710

if you have a splitter lying around ... use it likely will also do the same :)

Al if this works ???

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, digitalhome said:

Have you tried going into the advanced mode of the receiver and changing the video mode from 1 to 2?

Nope, but please explain.

I have no idea about that!

Guys I got one and it says the serial number is not recognised when it’s connexted to the internet. I bought it second hand and the seller is not responding. Anyway I can tell if it’s locked to a provider? 

Anything I can do about it?

18 minutes ago, Musician said:

Guys I got one and it says the serial number is not recognised when it’s connexted to the internet. I bought it second hand and the seller is not responding. Anyway I can tell if it’s locked to a provider? 

Anything I can do about it?

When you buy a fetch mighty it has a number that has to be authenticated. The seller would have an email with the code come through.

good luck if the seller is not responding as you have effectively bought a brick !

also if it’s an Optus yes tv branded fetch mighty, these are provided by Optus and only used as part of your Optus service. Not possible to use if not an Optus customer as far as I know. Again Optus provide a code to authenticate 

5 minutes ago, Musician said:

I'am confused as there is no ISP branding anywhere on the unit or the box, so is it really locked?

it has nothing to do with ISP. but fetch units need to authenticated. as they do need a wifi connection to operate, download epg and such. also access to their paid services etc.

if your seller is not playing ball to provide the verification code. send the unit back to them as useless without. 

where has something to do with ISP is optus yes tv units(branded as such). but all you get there is a code from optus. 

I may be able to help 

The unit will power up ect 

However it will not go past that section until it is connected to the internet 

2 ways to connect is

1 )  by cable  or 2) by a wifi - 2 piece unit that is supplied or purchased 

The wifi unit works by using the house wiring so must be connected to the power socket direct 

Once you have that sorted you need to subscribe to a service and choose a plan 

You can’t activate the unit without it 

Make sure you have an unlimited ISP plan 

Now you can’t expect the seller to give you his activation number as his number is linked to his account and will be charged on a monthly basis 

And he may have canceled his service - so the number won’t work 

Hope that helps 

Edited by Full Range

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I may be able to help 

The unit will power up ect 

However it will not go past that section until it is connected to the internet 

2 ways to connect is

1 )  by cable  or 2) by a wifi - 2 piece unit that is supplied or purchased 

The wifi unit works by using the house wiring so must be connected to the power socket direct 

Once you have that sorted you need to subscribe to a service and choose a plan 

You can’t activate the unit without it 

Make sure you have an unlimited ISP plan 

Now you can’t expect the seller to give you his activation number as his number is linked to his account and will be charged on a monthly basis 

And he may have canceled his service - so the number won’t work 

Hope that helps 

As soon as it’s connected to the internet, it takes me to that page that I sent the photo for.

I have signed up for a new account on the computer and it’s given me an activation code but I don’t get a chance to enter it anywhere.

There are 2 special restart procedures 

1) Soft Restart 

2) Hard Restart 

You need to search easily obtainable info / procedure based on the unit model 

I recommend a hard restart as that will wipe out everything and give you a clean slate 

Once done it will ask you to enter the activation code 

If that won’t work - ring the provider help line