Arrival-Blu-ray-2017-Region-B-Aussie-Rel

just watched it on blu-ray...wow it sure sneaks up on you as a story...talk about build up ! and suddenly all the puzzles just sort of drop into place ! 

how very nicely done...

great movie, great acting ... so well made :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I ended up watching this one again... this time on uhd blu-ray

wow what an amazing movie... it is one of those movies that watching again get so much more from again ! 

brilliant sound track too. 

and on uhd this is really quite something. its not the detail or whatever its just the use of dark...and light....nd those she vividly sees.... some fantastic photography in this movie....its a magnificent piece of art the way whole thing is done.

enjoyed so very very much 2nd time around. definitely movie of the year for me so far...

• Like 1

Still haven't watched this... maybe tonight. I'm happy that most people have seemed to like this, seeing as though this director is doing the new Blade Runner 2049

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched this tonight, and really enjoyed it. Easily one of the best films I've seen in years. Afterwards, I even went and read some of the story on which it was based.

One thing I didn't "catch" at the beginning would have clarified some things for me, and possibly made it even better was very obvious in the story and helped me to put it all together. 

If you haven't seen this yet and it sounds good to you--watch it! (If you want to know what I found in the written story, pm me. I'll be happy to put it into less than 10 words--but on the off-chance it might be a spoiler for some I won't put it here.)

Greg

Edited by GregWormald
clarity
  • Like 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, GregWormald said:

. I'll be happy to put it into less than 10 words--but on the off-chance it might be a spoiler for some I won't put it here.)

Greg

Spoiler

That's where you use the Spoiler button :)

• Like 1

I loved it! I'm back in the country and up at 3:30 with jet lag.

without giving too much away the only thing That didn't gel for me was the memory of the book she wrote. Didn't she read that at the arrival complex???

be happy to see your spoiler @GregWormald not that I can see how to do it from my iPad (full site)

• Like 1

Yep, cracking movie, really enjoyed it.  Amy Adams was excellent, no over acting at all.  It's certainly a second watch movie, a few things will fall in to place.  I was really looking forward to seeing it, which can often lead to disappointment, but this one delivered.

11 hours ago, Marc said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's where you use the Spoiler button :)

Thanks Marc, I was wondering how to do that, but...

I still won't post it here 'cause I know I can't resist those hidden things, and I wouldn't want to reduce anyone's enjoyment of such an excellent film.

I've been an SF fan for well over 50 years and this is one of the best 'serious' SF films I've seen.

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...