WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: EOI: REL Strata III Subwoofer

Guest VladimirFreddie

Item: REL Strata III subwoofer in walnut
Price: $850 $700
Item Condition: Good considering age - see below
Reason for selling: New room is too big - see below
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash,

Extra Info:

Expressions of Interest at this stage.  I’m looking to sell this in early April.  If I can’t sell this I will happily keep the sub and buy a second sub and run both for HT.  If it does sell I will buy a bigger sub to run it alone for HT

I am the original owner. I paid $2400

This is a very solid compact subwoofer. 

I originally bought it sub for music. Which I found to be very useful in my old house with my Duntech Viceroys.  Quite a few years ago i bought Vaf i66s and I find that these don't require a sub for music. So these days it only gets used for home theatre duties in a 8.5m x 4.1m room.  Needless to say the 10inch woofer in the REL struggles with the boom boom crash effects of movies in such a large room.

The sub is in good condition for its age although the top of it shows signs of fading in parts but this isn't really that noticeable from a metre or so.

The coolest thing about the REL is you can connect it for home theatre and two channel simultaneously. It has a LFE input as well as a Speakon connector (mine is around 4.5m to 5m long) that connects to the speaker binding posts on your integrated/power amplifier.  I don't believe you can connect it via the speakon connector you have a Class D amp.

I have the manual

N.B: The light in the power switch has not worked for years.

N.B: If using the speakon connector for two channel music and if you insist in turning the sub off at the power when not in use it will “crackle” for a little while before settling down.  If you leave it on or like me will only use it for LFE it does not do this at all. (even if turning off and on)

I'd prefer pick up only as I don't have the original packaging.  I can probably drop it in at a pack and send at your risk if you are interstate and interested

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments about this listing. 

Will donate to SNA when it sells.

Pictures to follow

Pictures:

20170220_130141.jpg

20170220_124550.jpg

20170220_124601.jpg

20170220_124623.jpg

20170220_124701.jpg

20170220_124709.jpg

20170220_124942.jpg

Edited by VladimirFreddie
added photos

Guest VladimirFreddie

Just added photos.

In the second last photo there is a scratch/rough bit part way along the joint which I've tried to show.  I didn't know it was there until taking the photo.

Guest VladimirFreddie

Offers considered

Guest VladimirFreddie

Price reduced

This item has been withdrawn from sale or relisted.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vik74au
      Item: REL Acoustics R-505 Subwoofer
      Price: $1,100
      Item Condition: Excellent, perfect working condition
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Excellent working condition, albeit some fine scratches on the piano lacquer finish, only visible under direct close light, see pics. Sole owner since new, carefully maintained in a smoke-free, no-children and pets home throughout its life.   Heavy duty long throw 12" Drive unit, 500 watts Class D See photo for more specs   Original box and packing as in photo, for pick up only as this sub is a heavy 26kg.   Accessories included as in photo: - Power Cord - Neutrik Speakon Interconnect (High Level) - Spikes - User Manual   NOT Included: I also have a set (of 4) of IsoAcoustics Gaia III isolation feet and carpet discs that I have been using on this REL for sale separately if buyer is interested, see last pic of it (without carpet discs) on the REL.  
      Photos:

• By crabnoodle
      Item: 2 x Monitor 9 v7, Monitor Center 1 v7, 4 x Monitor Surround 1 v7, DSP-3200 Subwoofer with Perfect Bass Kit
      Price: $2500
      Item Condition: Excellent apart from minor scratch on top of subwoofer cabinet.
      Reason for selling: Switched to different speakers due to a smaller room
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Selling as a set only. Modified subwoofer feet for extra height.

Monitor 9 v7 - 4-driver, 2-1/2-way bass reflex, quasi-3rd-order resistive port, floorstanding model

Center 1 v7 - 4-driver, 3-way center channel

Surround 1 v7 - 4-driver, 2-way bi-directional surround/rear

DSP-3200 - 12-inch single driver, bass-reflex, dual high-velocity low-turbulence resistive ports, built-in amplifier, USB Port / PBK Interface. 900 watts Dynamic Peak / 300 watts RMS.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By krusto
      Item: Velodyne SPL-800i MiniVee 8" Subwoofer (Black)
      Price: $600 with donation of course
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: NLR, last of my small subs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Only 24 months old. This Sub is practically brand new and in Mint condition. I considered keeping this one, but alas, let someone enjoy it.
      Seriously small subwoofer that is an absolute ball tearer.  Comes with original box and shipper protective box for safe travels. Prefer a VIC sale, but happy to courier if required.

AMPLIFIER
      1000 watts RMS power
      DIMENSIONS
      Speaker dimensions (H x W x D) 27 x 26 x 33cm
      Subwoofer: 8” forward firing (6.5” piston diameter)
      GENERAL
      Magnet Structure: 5.76kg
      Frequency Response: 28-120 Hz
      High Pass Crossover: 80Hz (6 dB/octave)
      Low Pass Crossover: 40-120Hz (12 dB octave initial, 48 dB octave ultimate) or bypass with Subwoofer Direct
      Phase Control: 0 or 180 degrees
      Protection: Dynamic compression
      Weight: 16kg
      DRIVER
      8” (6.5” piston) forward firing
      2.5” dual layer voice coil
      Die-cast aluminium basket
      SIGNALSOutputs: Line-Level, high pass crossover, 80Hz, 6 dB/octave
      Inputs: Gold plated RCA Line and Speaker Level Inputs

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.