MrSchnitzer

PrimaLuna; standard vs HP

I currently have an amp that runs 4 EL34's and it is not too bad with heat output. I was curious if the PL puts out enough heat to make you think twice about using it in summer without A/C? 

1 hour ago, Col. Mustard said:

I currently have an amp that runs 4 EL34's and it is not too bad with heat output. I was curious if the PL puts out enough heat to make you think twice about using it in summer without A/C? 

My PL runs on 4 KT88 tubes. Never too hot in summer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HarbethRob
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated Amplifier with KT88 tubes
      Price: $2,900 plus shipping.
      Item Condition:Excellent and in perfect working order
      Reason for selling:Rationalising gear and moving to solid state
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I purchased this Primaluna dialogue premium amp in July 2015 from Aussie Hi fi. It is in excellent condition and perfect working order. There is a slight knick on one of the input terminals on the back that I made. It has a set of Primaluna KT88 power tubes and I have several sets of preamp tubes including prima luna and tung sol which I will also include. I am moving away from tubes and into solid state for the time being. No doubt that will change again in the future but for now it is sitting unused which is just silly. It has been driving a pair of Harbeth Super HL5s with ease. Of course, the Primaluna gets outstanding reviews and I will leave it to anyone interested to look those up. Dont hesitate to contact me by PM or phone to discuss. Cheers

Rob

Pictures:

• By Rockster
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Power Amp
      Price: $2695
      Item Condition: Immaculate
      Reason for selling: Regretful sale to fund another purchase
      Extra Info:

Bought brand new in April 2017, so it's just over 18 months old, the amp was unpacked onto a HiFi shelf in a dedicated music room and hasn't moved since. It's in as new condition and comes complete with all original supplied accessories including the remote, cotton gloves, spare fuses etc, and also the double box. I am selling it with the original Primaluna KT88 and 12AU7 valves, which have probably had less than 30 hours use, and are excellent valves in their own right. This is a second amp in my system, or spare as my wife says, so it's not had a lot of use.

I think this amp is truly a giant killer and, I'm my experience, for the money nothing comes close. It responds so well to different types of valves and I particularly love the sound of the Genalex Gold Lion KT77's, but you can also use EL34's, KT120's and KT150's (as well as the supplied KT88's). And if that's not enough fun for you, you can also roll the 12AU7's input valves just as easily. This is due to the clever adaptive bias system the amp which makes 'rolling valves' a simple plug and play process. On top of that the adaptive bias runs valves in a low stress state so they last a lot longer than in some other amps, all this with impacting the sound.

The amp has plenty of power, my speaker's sensitivity are 87db, and it drives them really well. You also get a choice of 4, 8 and 16 ohm taps so you can match a wide variety of speakers. The advantage of this particular version of Dialogue is that you only need to buy a quad of power values if you want to play with different types and it makes the exotic NOS valves more attainable.

There are many many glowing reviews online, just do a quick search, but to quote one very famous HiFi critic, Art Dudley from Stereophile Magazine, “I tried to find fault with the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium. I failed.”

Pictures:

• By IanB
      Item:  Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Power Amplifier
      Price: $3350
      Item Condition: Immaculate - except for one scratch on casing
      Reason for selling: No time to listen. Need money for other priorities
      Extra Info:
      Comes with a set of KT150- lush big sounding amp. Read all the reviews. Many can be found on line. Some links below. With the KT150s new value of amp approxiamately $6000,  This Amp is the high powered version. Double the number of output tubes. Retails for  $5400 with less expensive KT88s. Urgent sale. Need money to buy something else. Not HIFI! . Also selling some Lenehan ML2s..  This combination sounds great. It was because of Mike Lenehan the designer of ML2s that I brought the Primaluna.
      Also includes Tube cage and original packaging.
      Some reviews http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/primaluna-dialogue-premium-hp-power-amplifier  https://www.dagogo.com/primaluna-dialogue-premium-hp-power-amplifier-review/

Pictures:

• By Rockster
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Power Amp
      Price: $2950
      Item Condition: Immaculate
      Reason for selling: Regretful sale due to a vehicle purchase
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT, COD Only
      Extra Info: I know people always say that it's a regretful sale, but this truely is, I agreed that I would sell some of my 'spare' HiFi to fund the purchase of a vehicle.

Anyway, I bought this power amp brand new in April 2017 so it's just over 18 months old. It was unpacked onto a HiFi shelf in a dedicated music room and hasn't moved since. It's in as new condition and comes complete with all original supplied accessories including the remote, cotton gloves, spare fuses etc, and also the double box. I am selling it with the original Primaluna KT88 and 12AU7 valves, which have probably had less than 30 hours use, and are excellent valves in their own right. This is a second amp in my system, or spare as my wife says, so it's not had a lot of use.

I think this amp is truely a giant killer and, I'm my experience, for the money nothing comes close. It respond so well to upgrades and I particularly love the Genalex Gold Llion KT77's in it, but you can also use EL34's, KT120's and KT150's (as well as the supplied KT88's). And if that's not enough fun for you, you can also upgrade of the 12AU7's input valves. Due to the clever adaptive bias system the amp uses all this can be done easily and 'rolling valves' is a simple plug and play process.

The amp has plenty of power, my speaker's sensitivity is 87db, and it drives them really well. You also get a choice of 4, 8 and 16 ohm taps so you can match a wide variety of speakers. The advantage of this particular version of Dialogue is that you only need to buy a quad of power values if you want to play with different types and it makes the exotic NOS valves more attainable.

There are many many glowing reviews online, just do a quick search.

Pictures:

• By Primare Knob
      Item: PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre-Amplifier
      Price: $2.600 plus shipping
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Chasing butterflies.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (Friend) .
      Extra Info: Item can be shipped in original packaging.
      Extra Info: Item can be auditioned.

This amp has been my reference for audio, but is hardly being used since I mostly watch movies or play games in my home theater room. I kept it around because it is such a great performer, but it deserves a whole lot more use than what I am giving it. Because of this I have decided to chase butterflies in pursuit of the same kind of performance in multichannel audio and looking for a new home and free up some funds.

Pictures: