FS: Spatializer HTMS-2150 giveaway

Guest scumbag

Guest scumbag

Item: Spatializer HTMS-2150

Price: Donation of your choice to SNA if you feel it is worth anything.

Item Condition: Not bad actually. I've seen worse stuff up on SNA that was only 6 months old.

Reason for selling: I'm not selling it. Seriously though, I'm never going to use this so someone who can use might want to have it. Bring back the SNA giveways!

Payment Method: Pickup makes more sense. It will be at my office during business hours. Could post but ya takes your chances if its a dud.

Extra Info:

Back in olden times when PC's were too slow and DVD players were but a daydream, SRS technologies sold their vritual surround sound technology has hardware only and under the cool name of Desper.

SRS is, in my humble opinion the least worst virtual surround technologies. I've heard a few and SRS is the only one I have been able to stand for any long term listening.

Some things to note. It is given away as-in. I have not tested it so it might work or might not. No PSU. I think it needs a modest 12V power source (you'll have to research that).

There is a remote that I'll try to find in my bedroom cupboard tonight (wish me luck).

In terms of sound, this is by no means audiophile quality. If you want  to jazz up a man-shed stereo system to provide a pseudo-surround experience this will do it for you. It will also make a small set of speakers sound bigger. Might also work for close together computer speakers for example.

Might suit someone with some electronics skill in case it doesn't work?

If no-one wants it, into the tip it goes~~~~!

Pictures:

http://www.plccenter.com/Buy/SPATIALIZER/HTMS2510

http://www.hifi4sale.net/t50378-spatializer-htms-2510-stereo-3d-surround-sound-system-used

This doesn't work and someones selling it for $95 USD - tell him he's dreamin! -  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPATIALIZER-HTMS-2510-NSFP-HTMS2510-/252530042156

Edited by scumbag

Oh hah hah. I don't feel so bad with one of these on my stash now. It can come out of the closet:

IMG_7446.JPG.0a31726d070c7737e4c293989af4744d.JPG

NuReality Vivid Theatre VHT-200. Same SRS system as @scumbag

unit. Even has a flashy modern light show*:

IMG_7447.JPG.096e1b2eb15544d5db02a55560c47bcb.JPG

*you can turn that lovely circular light display off to. But why would you?!

So as I figure there'll be a rush on the first two units up for grabs I'll generously throw mine in the ring too. It could be yours for a donation to SNA and postage. A blinging bargain. 

Oh and i still have the original box and manual for it. 

Perhaps we could start the cult of SRS.

Mine's been sitting gathering dust for many a decade up until I had an issue with my pre late last year. Saw it forlornly sitting there in my stash, long forgotten,  thought to myself, why not?....sniggered a bit and plugged it in. It still works as 'well' as it did all those years ago. But the point is, it still works. 

Guest scumbag
26 minutes ago, TheBrightSide said:

Where were all you guys when I bought a Hughes SRS for 200 notes a few months ago?! (I had a WTB ad too)

These SRS units can be a great studio tool for placing individual sounds outside the speakers, or making things sound more 3D.

2 months ago? Let's see. Can you be more specific?

Guest scumbag
2 hours ago, copa said:

I will take if you can post

I haven't tested mine and rather than you having to pay postage, perhaps grab the one off @bronal . I'd feel better doing this as a pickup - that way if its a dud, I don't get bad karma.

@misternavi that's about when and exactly where I got my unit from. I take solice from the fact I also bought a Whatmough sub from them at the same time and was my primary reason for going into the store. Unfortunately the sub is long gone, this box isn't. 

• 1 year later...