Sign in to follow this  
Gieseler Audio

GIESELER KONVERTER (DAC/Preamp) Official release.

Might be a bit early, but would a thread describing what power amps people are using (or plan to use) with the Konverter be useful?

I know matching speakers will have a lot to do with it. However there is a lot of room for discussion about SS vs. tube, and discussing merits of Sanders vs Bryston vs Prima Luna etc. with the sound signature of the Konverter.

I for one would be interested to know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Raffinator said:

Might be a bit early, but would a thread describing what power amps people are using (or plan to use) with the Konverter be useful?

I know matching speakers will have a lot to do with it. However there is a lot of room for discussion about SS vs. tube, and discussing merits of Sanders vs Bryston vs Prima Luna etc. with the sound signature of the Konverter.

I for one would be interested to know more.

Feel free to start a new thread. My first pairing will be with a Naksa 70 power amp.

1 hour ago, ~Spyne~ said:

Feel free to start a new thread. My first pairing will be with a Naksa 70 power amp.

Perhaps @Gieseler Audio...can tweak the DAC/PRE to maximise impedance match with your Naska...

Just popped back in here at random and reminded how mint this looks. Can't wait to get it in with the rest of my gear...also means I'll get to power up the Naksa 70 for the first time, too.

:):):)

On 2/18/2017 at 6:54 PM, Gieseler Audio said:

O IMG_0734.thumb.JPG.54072a83c89bd78f1c41db475dddf192.JPG

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.243b1e4d6fb405d2e0033570e4bcf8c6.JPG

On 26/02/2017 at 1:03 PM, Raffinator said:

BHK 250 is what I did my listening on:

http://magentaaudio.com.au/product/ps-audio-signature-bhk250-amplifier/

Best amp I know - but this DAC deserves it.

Thanks

Bill

I know the NAKSA and it too would be a good match.  But remember the NAKSA is built to sound 'good', which it does - but it does vary with material.

See:

My next favorite was the Naksa 80 - a very musical amp with an extremely lovely and detailed midrange - a lot of foot stomping prat that brings an involuntary smile to your face - my favorite performance of the day was Dianna Krall - Case Of You.  That an amp in this price range is up there with uber expensive amps like the Griffith is a real feather in Hugh Deans cap.  It however had a slightly rolled off treble and not quite as good bass grip - which considering the doubling down capabilities of the other amps is only to be expected.  I could not detect the slightest trace of Mosfet Mist like I have heard in other amps - but there was a person there who thought he heard it - however he believes he can hear it in all Mosfet amps and this was certainly not anywhere near what he thinks some others have.  A few there like myself knew the old Naksa 100 and this was clearly better - again well done Hugh.

Thanks

Bill

I have no history of hearing it, but I liked the idea of matching it to a Holton Amp (
HPA-NXV500L). A Qld / Tas partnership with simple elegant design.

Hi Anthony,

nice to hear from you - heard great things about your power amplifiers.

Konverter - price is $4000 which includes delivery Australia wide. I was originally aiming for a lower price but ended up

specking this out to the max so that bumped the price up. The final version has upgraded PSU & digital boards plus an improved layout so the interboard wiring is shorter & neater.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

I have no history of hearing it, but I liked the idea of matching it to a Holton Amp (
HPA-NXV500L). A Qld / Tas partnership with simple elegant design.

Funny you should mention that; I've got a Holton NXV500 on order, and although I'm currently running a Klein DAC, I'll definitely be adding a Konvertor to the shopping list in the not-too-distant future! I reckon either way it's going to kick butt!
PS Hi Clay and Anthony; reckon you guys should have a chat, as you appear to have similar attention to detail!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Hi Anthony,

nice to hear from you - heard great things about your power amplifiers.

Konverter - price is $4000 which includes delivery Australia wide. I was originally aiming for a lower price but ended up

specking this out to the max so that bumped the price up. The final version has upgraded PSU & digital boards plus an improved layout so the interboard wiring is shorter & neater.

Hi Clay

Well done mate, always good to see some well made and conceived Aussie innovation. I really like that you added balanced outputs to your new DAC/Preamp it should match well with my power amplifiers.

I hope to get the chance to listen to your new DAC/Preamp on day.

All the best I think you will do well with this one.

Can I please ask about the remote?
Your opening post states it does all but mains on/off. Can it put the unit into standby? Is a 12v trigger possible to implement?
Thank you very much.
Dan

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

Hi Dan,

no there is no standby function. Power on/off is with a mechanical front panel switch. You would normally only have a 12v trigger out

if the unit has a remote control on/standby function. 

Thank you for the reply.

Would it be possible to implement standby via a remote? Even if this was a custom add on or mkII.

Yep 12v in and out could be useful for many considering it can do ht bypass. 

I am pretty interested in this but my current DAC also requires manual on/off and though it's a pretty small inconvenience it would be a nice feature to have 

Thank you