Gieseler Audio

GIESELER KONVERTER (DAC/Preamp) Official release.

Sponsor

Yes it should play DSD512

I will try & find a test track & give it a whirl as I soon get it back - currently on loan to a local audio buff for evaluation.

blybo - Yes my original conception was for a cost arround 2K but the final product evolved a lot in terms parts cost & functionality.

Triumphant mate!  And, if I may say so, great to see a toggle hanging in there (even if relegated to the back!).

Any chance of xlr in's (for CD players with balanced out, for example)?  Looking at the innards, would it be safe to assume that the dac part will be upgradable, or would this mess with the overall programming too much?  

Well done! Mat

Sponsor

Krebetman - yes when I get time I will look into a silver front panel version.

Mat - sorry no balanced analogue in at this stage. DAC board upgrade, yes that may certainly be on the cards.

At the moment all the boards are being revised slightly just to tidy up the wiring & layout so production models will look a little neater inside. Digikey finally have the AK4497EQ chips back in stock now so I will be keeping reasonable stocks to ensure no production delays. Lead time on orders will be arround three weeks. There are a few units that have been pre ordered so hopefully some online feedback soon.

That looks smashing Clay. Any thoughts on marketing it.

Mark

Thanks Cafad,
no the HT Bypass sockets connect directly to the main output sockets when the unit is powered off. Normally you would have the HT bypass sockets connected to say the line out of a AV receiver so you could share the power amp between two system if that makes sense.

Clay,

Just so I get this right...

HT bypass will work with the unit powered off, but HT bypass will stop working if it is powered on regardless of the input selection? I know it sounds like a dopey question, but I just want to know how simple it would be for all family members to use.

HT bypass is fine on my current Integrated, but involves lots of button pressing which drives others up the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsor

Mark - haven't given it much thought but if I could automate pc production a bit & job out the case work it might be something to think about.

John - HT bypass. This is as simple at it gets & totally automatic. Yes you are correct once the Konvertor is powered up the HT sockets are disconnected. Simple scenario. One power amp which is currently connected to the front channel line outputs of a AV receiver( for improved sound quality)  Konvertor installed into the system & its line output is connected directly to the power amp line inputs for maximum sound quality. The AV receiver front line outputs are now connected to the HT bypass sockets on the Konvertor. 

Family member walks in & powers up the Konvertor for some high quality music listening - it automatically connects its self  to the power amp disconecting the AV receiver in the process. Music session over & the Konvertor is powered off - AV receiver now re connected back to the power amp for movie viewing. The Konverter remembers all its settings (volume input ect) when powered off & on. eg - you were listening to some music via the USB input at volume level 75 & switch it off. Next time you power it on it goes back to those same settings.

Phew!  Hope that is crystal clear now.

Phew!  Hope that is crystal clear now.

Perfectly clear answer and perfectly what I'm after

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have obviously put a lot of thought into the design. Any efficiencies in production would be good for you clay,  regardless of scaling up production.