Gieseler Audio

GIESELER KONVERTER (DAC/Preamp) Official release.

Case work has come a long way from pdx days. Looks fantastic and I bet sounds just as good.

Wow Clay

Looks amazing.  I think I'll have to come down and have a listen. 

Its about time I had a new piece of equipment I think 

Great work, Clay,

looks terrific!

Looking forward to your DAC only with the same technique.

Matt

Look so simple but has every single feature that you could want in a pre amp.....why can't the big manufactures do this. Now just need to find a Chinese manufacturer to keep price down.:D

Great look, nice & clean.  Will there be a silver finish available in addition to the black?

That is a beautiful piece of kit! I'm sure it will sound fantastic as well.
I was a bit confused about the DAC when there was no digital inputs listed.
The pics rectified that for me. :)
Pricewise, I think it is not unreasonable considering that you have both a DAC and pre in one package.

On manufacturing cost - there is so much that can be done to contain cost on local production. It pains me that people seem to want to jump to off-shoring work immediately rather than keeping work here. If you do that, you loose a lot more than just local jobs. There's also control and IP implications.

There is a pharmasuticals company in Melbourne that has streamlined their processes to the extent that they are bringing production in from India and China because it is cheaper for them to do it here. There is no reason why other manufacturers can't do the same.

I have seen it in real life.

As I have posted elsewhere the quality of construction is beyond exceptional - its actually a thing of beauty and I am a fussy guy who has never said that about a product before.

On aesthetics alone it deserves to be a raging success - but I am sure it will be VERY competitive with other DAC's in its price range sound wise.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

I'd have to say, this looks far better than expected and I'm sure it will sound excellent as well. Great job.

However, there is an elephant in the room, it is now totally out of my price range. Were we not originally expecting a $1500-ish product?