New Classé Amps Are Class A (Up to 25 Watts)

Looks like classe has a new delta pre and stereo amp and mono blocs that are class A upto 25 w phew...keeping the class D wolves at bay :D

New Classé Amps Are Class A (Up to 25 Watts)

Classé introduced its new two-channel Delta preamp ($9,000), Delta stereo amplifier ($10,000), and Delta monoblock amp ($9,000 each). The amps are rated at 250wpc/8 ohms for the stereo version and 300wpc/8 ohms for the monoblocks and said to remain in class A up to 25W. The preamp includes both analog and digital capabilities, together with available parametric equalization and tone/tilt controls.

011017_classe_ci_e.jpg?itok=qY582Tv-

Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/content/classy-classe-and-rotel-too#fUgG2boYmpuPq7xq.99

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cafad said:

Hmmm, a big is better approach combined with a less is more aesthetic.  I don't think I like it.

It does have VU meters though, you have to give it that.

Totally agree 

Really hideous.   And as for VU metres. I much prefer the look of my Luxman

• Like 2

• Volunteer
11 minutes ago, :) al said:

interesting comments from people re styling. but classe delta series has looked about the same since release back in 2008 ? have people had such animosity all this time :D wow ! amazing....

yes I was wondering the same thing.

It looks just like all other classe stuff to me

• Like 2

11 hours ago, :) al said:

interesting comments from people re styling. but classe delta series has looked about the same since release back in 2008 ? have people had such animosity all this time :D wow ! amazing....

Please show  the previous Delta series that has the hideous air conditioning vents in the front and vu meters?

Edited by Metamatic

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, Metamatic said:

Please show  the previous Delta series that has the hideous air conditioning vents in the front and vu meters?

Oh no!!!! I thought VU meters were the one thing that audiophiles could agree on. 

Now I'm disillusioned :( 

• Like 1

• Volunteer
Just now, Cafad said:

I see previous delta series gear had the same off center striping but no "alienesque" VU meters and no industrial front-mounted venting.  

Therefore...

I stand by my decision to not like it.

The venting has to be somewhere 

10 hours ago, Cafad said:

I see previous delta series gear had the same off center striping but no "alienesque" VU meters and no industrial front-mounted venting.  

Therefore...

I stand by my decision to not like it.

cafad, perhaps you missed that the current delta line does have front vents eg the CA2300 2ch power and even the "baby" CA-D200 2ch amp. they use a slightly different style vent i.e. 4 sided one as you see on cassette style in ceiling aircons. its a quite dominant part of the front panel and these vents are needed very much as the way these classe are they have a large air tunnel front to back. they need too draw fresh air in the front and have a huge fan out back sucking through the guts of the amps keeping it cool.

perhaps classe have missed how looks obsessed the world is these days. and even myself while think looks are important am pleased they havent put form over function as many blinged out designs go these days from many makers. whacking all sorts of stuff and adornments that serve no purpose. am sure classe didnt change the vent style on the front unnecessarily in this case. quite possibly the current 4 way vent taking up the same real estate on the front panel just isnt a straight enough through flow as the 5 louvre design they have gone for the new amps. especially given they are driving upto 10% into class A. but who knows not for me to surmise. classe as part of B&W group have a massive team of engineers sam sure they have done what they have for a reason. 

and yes you are most definitely totally entitled to not like it. beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. and putting aside the beauty am sure many will not like it either for some other reason. sonically or otherwise. thems the breaks...

9 hours ago, analog brother said:

classe used to be such a great brand.

i ran one of their ca series amps and a pre once upon a time.

sounded quite nice.

am not really sure whats changed to be honest ab, I think i first heard with the classe delta pre pwr some nearly ten years ago on release with their cp700 and matching pwr and cd source. sounded sublime with some MLs. my cousin is a classe ML fan and so every now and then get to listen to the combo and it does a lot of things well even if not my own personal choice for gear.

as far as I know the delta range is no greatly differnet 10 years later just assembled and made in china. but then a lot of things these days are. the chinese made classe still sounded pretty special on some top of the line B&W 800 series I heard with more recently so must be still doing some things well. though yeah am sure its probably not for all. heck I dont own classe anything and only B&W group thing I own these days is a pair of their headphones. 

but doesnt stop me acknowledging it "sounded quite nice" so am not sure whats changed for you. maybe hear these when they do come out and let us know :)

some more info on the new classe delta pre pwr from stereophile,

117cesjfi.classe.jpg?itok=cr4Ye1ML

"Classé was keeping information about their "in development" Delta Preamp/DAC close to their vest. But I was able to pry a few tidbits: price will be below $10,000, it will replace the CP-800, and it should appear sometime around May or June."

and a bit more on the delta 3 stereo power amp specifically below,

"Classé premiered its new Delta 3 amplifier series at CES 2017. Rated at 350Wpc RMS, the Delta 3 Stereo ($10,000) employs lateral MOSFETs in its output stage and 234,000 microfarads of German-made 4-pole Mundorf electrolytic capacitors in its power supply. These capacitors are said to offer lower equivalent-series resistance (ESR) and equivalent-series inductance (ESL) than other brands. The lateral MOSFETs require less current drive, and have a higher slew rate in their Delta 3 circuitry, which delivers 10% of its output power in pure class-A. Classé's Dave Nauber announced that both the stereo and mono versions of the Delta 3 will be available by mid-year 2017."

010717-Classe%20Delta3-600.jpg?itok=g2od

I wouldn't mind owning them!

Maybe they could have put some mesh and LED fan, like the modern computer cases instead of those louvers..:)

Actually those extra pics posted, it looks very nice.

gmxcsvolcanoblue-zoom-01.png

011017_classe_ci_eb.jpg

Edited by rocky500
  • Like 3