Sign in to follow this  
killa

SOLD: FS: Jungson JA-88D integrated amplifier (80W Class A)

Item:                         Jungson JA-88D integrated amplifier (80W Class A)
Price:                        $800 
Item Condition:       Very Good
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method:    Pickup - Cash, Paypal

Extra Info: Great sounding and build quality, Class A Amp.  This drove my Vaf i-93 with ease.
Purchased new online, have original packaging.  This unit is really too heavy to ship so would prefer pickup.

See local review here (conclusion below) for the Amp at $2k : http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/jungson-ja88d-393545

"I have left the best for last ( which is, quite simply, that at the
price Jungson’s Australian distributor is asking for it, the Jungson JA-88D is the
currently front-runner in the stakes for being the ‘bargain buy’ of the 21st century.
I’m still unable to come to grips with the reality that an amp that looks and sounds
as good as this is available at such a low price. In both respects, it easily outperforms
audiophile amplifiers that are twice its asking price. This one’s a keeper"

Pictures:

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Does it drive 4 ohm loads?

Does it drive 4 ohm loads?

I've had one and it drove my big Maggie's fine

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hi is this unit 240v and would you consider shipping to Perth?

3 hours ago, DMax said:

I've had one and it drove my big Maggie's fine

@John Mc

What maggies do you have?

[mention=144982]John Mc[/mention]

What maggies do you have?

Tympani IVa

Hi John MC,

I requested a 240 V when I purchased, however the back plate indicated 220 V.  Have certainly been running on 240 V with no issues.

The Amp when packed weighs over 30 KG, which makes it difficult to ship with standard couriers.  Would also be at least $100 to Perth, but we may be able to work something out.

Hi, is this still available? Best price delivered to Perth please?

Cheers

Yes, still available.  Haven't got around to re-listing.  

See PM

Hi, Did this ever sell?

Cheers.

Still Available, such a nice amp to look at even when not plugged in, so haven't been in a big hurry.

Cheers

Item now sold, thanks for all the interest.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By craka
      Item Condition: VGC Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT,Cash Reason for selling: Upgraded and not being used. Further information:This is a lovely detailed Pre and has installed 4 x Genalex Gold lion 12AX7 and 4 x GE JAN 12AT7WC valves.
      I purchased this from another SNA'er approx 2 years ago.It hasn't missed a beat.
      It has a built in MC/MM switch as well as a hi/low input impedance switch for the phono stage .
      Also a -10db Attenuation switch at the rear.
      Its built like a tank and has a mirror finish front face plate.Comes with a very well built alloy remote that controls volume and separate components,standby and mute.
      The remote has been in a plastic sleeve since Ive owned it.
      I have the original boxes and manual that came with the pre.
      I will post but preference to local buyer will apply.
      Some reviews below to wet the appetite.
      Cheers

craka
      https://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/doge8_preamp_e.html
      https://www.head-fi.org/threads/review-doge-model-8-tube-remote-controlled-stereo-preamplifier-phono-stage.495427/
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By mfroes
      Hi guys, 
      I would really appreciate any guidance.
      I have front right/left speakers which are 6ohm 250w (nominal)
      central, rear left and rear right are 8ohm 150w (nominal)
      My amp is at the moment struggling to push all those speakers so i was wanting to upgrade.
      budget wise i think up to about 1k would be something for a 5 channel (just guessing here), if more how much more would be needed ?
      would there be one the would be HDCP 2.2-compliant ?
      if some that have atmos capability so i can buy some speakers and add in the future would be great.
      so would be 5.1.2 i'm guessing here?

would a 7.1.2/7.2.4 be better ? havent seen a lot of bluray that comes with 7channel capability like that.
      the 7 i see usually are counting the atmos speakers.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any suggestions that comes my way.

Current Setup
      Receiver: Yamaha HTR-3066
      Front: NHT C4
      Centre: Gale 20
      Rear: Axis LS28
      Subwoofer: Sound Dynamics THS-10
    • By hammerharry
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Units have been stored at my daughter's place in Melbourne and unused for some years.
      They do power up but have not been tested as there are no speakers in the house to check.
      I am happy for some one interested to pick the units up and audition at their home prior to payment & if not working or not what you want just please return them.

Would consider swapping for a decent pair of speaker stands, in black & preferably Dynaudio in exchange.
      Apologies for the average photos & dust.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By bbc802
      I am not sure this should be here and for my first real post it may be a bit long but I hope to learn quickly how to use the forum. 

I am currently looking at different options for isolation, and am getting a bit overwhelmed with the number of options and the extent of things I don't know but have set on a journey that I believe you can also help shape and that I am laying down below. 

I saw that (industrial) anti vibration pads and a massive wooden or stone platform is a common recommendation here on SNA (for speakers and TT) , but I'm trying to focus on solutions with lower visual footprint for now (and a platform as a solution would also mean I need to keep the spikes under my speaker (bottom ported) which I fear would have a significant impact on the height of the tweeter) 

I settled on isolation and not coupling after 
      1) experiencing a nice improvement in clarity and timber of instruments after installing Herbie's audio decoupling gliders below my speaker spikes (WB Vector) 
      2) noticing (after that) that I could hear the bass through the sofa while my other ear was blocked. And this with the speakers playing at night at background noise level (55db slow c-weighted). My standard listening level are around 60dB with peak 70db. 

As I browsed online through the different type of isolation device, I could notice many different designs which I decided to try testing out a bit. In the back of my mind I'd love to be able after that to understand what it is best for me in my system to isolate (horizontal vibrations, vertical one or both) and I'll take any clue from you guys if you don't mind sharing. 
      But until I get there, I have to rely on my testing in my system 

While admitedly my listening levels are nowhere near crazy and I should be able to leave with what I have, I am still keen to proceed in isolating my speakers:
      - if only to prevent any potential complaint from my neighbours. 
      - to get some even better sound 
      - to decrease the extent of the filtering I run in the Hqplayer convolution engine so as to regain 3 to 8db of dynamics in the system

To give some context, I am using a simple system with
      - a mac mini running roon+hqplayer on audiolinux
      - matrix x-spdif 2 to convert USB to AES/EBU
      - soulution 330 integrated with Dac
      - WB Vector on spikes

Positioning of the speaker is not a variable (except toe in) and listening position can be adjusted a bit

Digital gear is all stuck in the TV console (a few vertical vibration resonance modes) 

(I haven't managed yet to understand how to insert images in-line from my phone so they may well be at the very end of the post.) 

So I set up to gather some relatively inexpensive isolation footers (images below) to compare different designs... on my amp (before I spend for the speakers). 
      I have so far only focused on footers, big heavy platforms being a difficult topic to bring up with my better half and have started testing:
      - some ceraball type of aluminium footers (made in China, not the real ones)
      - stainless steel slim 3 ball bearing footer (with balls almost totally "locked" in dimples barely bigger their size. 
      - ebony/crystal 3 ball bearing footer (here the dimple for the balls are a bit bigger than the balls and the central piece of the footer is a simple rod, giving more freedom to the 2 pieces of the footer as compared to the one above
      - chinese magnetic footers with ball bearing on top (similar to the above stainless steel one) 

Coming later for testing:
      - herbie audio lab tenderfeet
      - ingress engineering rollerblock 
      - townshend audio isolation platform

I have so far reached the best results with 4 magnetic footers under the feet of the amp but am wondering whether I am in an optimal situation:
      - how to determine whether they're loaded enough (they're rated up to 40 kg but the top is barely sinking into the main body and the amp is barely moving when pushed either sideways or vertically (amp weight is between 30 and 32 kg I'd say) 
      - how to determine the center of gravity of the amp to try with only 3 footers (I can always adjust the height of these footers but guess it's best to have all of them loaded equally) 
      - what's the lifespan of a magnetic footer (I wouldn't want one of the magnet to suddenly fail and prop the amp suddenly down) 

Now to how does it sound:
      The magnetivc footers bring a more natural tone, a little more laid back feeling with still good dynamics, a lot of smoothness yet no emphasis on bas or mid bass, a more open highs, more detail. 

Comparatively, in my system:
      - amp on the ebony footers would rate second with more warmth and a bigger soundstage
      - amp on the ground would rate next with a natural and neutral delivery, more detail popping than the ebony footers
      - the stainless steel ball bearings would follow then with a less smooth delivery than the ebony footers and an overemphasised bass/medium bass but a bit more detail.
      - Finaly my chinese ceraball delivers the most detail (except for the magnetic footers) but everything is metallic, soundstage is deconstructed, everything's extremely gritty, probably better with warmer or slower systems

My next step will then to be to compare the magnetic footers with the newcomers before I try to assess whether I want to use the same type of footers for the speakers (with the added need to make sure it's safe in a baby friendly environment)

As you can see, there's still a lot to try and the process is not necessarily the most coherent, so I'll welcome your thoughts on what I could/should try. 

Also as you can see my journey so far has been mostly subjective. 
      I tried to measure the impact of each footer in term of vibrations using a vibration app on my phone, but it lacks precision and none of the footers seem to produce so far a profile different from the floor itself (main resonance maybe at 8 hz, background noise of about 0.03m/s2 on each axis) 

I have to make REW work on my headless Linux machine running HQP, but until then I "rely" on the seismic app on my phone (not really useful) . With that I can just tell that my TV console with all the digital gear resonates like crazy when fighter jets rush over my head (but then I can't hear the music, so not such a big deal) 

If anyone has experience with different types of footers, subjective or measured, I'll welcome your inputs and I'll keep you posted when new findings come up

PS: my most listened to tracks right now are nursery rhymes as I am looking for various (and listenable) baby approved songs in Chinese, French and English, so testing will take a long time I fear for lack of proper available time. Good news is that I'll have that time to read your comments. 

• By PRAGON
      Item Condition: New in box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sunnybank hills State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Need money Further information: 

Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier in GOLD
      This is one set Brand New Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier in Gold Panel. MADE IN JAPAN in 230V.
      Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier
      Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the PM-KI Ruby amplifier has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. . Features a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp — plus, a moving coil/moving magnet phono stage complete with Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit and Marantz HDAM technology for signal purity and exceptional audio quality. PM-KI Ruby is built on a vibration-resistant double layer chassis with thick aluminum panes for rigidity and features a laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature to commemorate his legacy.
      Key Features
      Engineered and extensively tuned legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
      Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM technology
      Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
      Generous output: 100W 100W (into 8ohm), 200W 200W (4ohm)
      Fully-discrete, two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
      Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound
      Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry
      HDAM® SA3 circuitry for clean signal and optimal dynamics
      MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit
      Thick nickel-plated copper independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz-original high-quality/high-purity copper-plated speaker terminals
      Linear volume control with new electric volume system
      High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminum top lid, solid aluminum front and copper-plated chassis
      High-grade, carefully selected audio parts: ultra-low leak current Schottky diodes, low noise complementary transistors, high-grade resistors, newly developed custom electrolytic capacitors, audio grade film capacitors and mica capacitors.
      Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ishiwata’s 40-year Marantz legacy
      Celebrating 40 Years of Passion
      Designed to celebrate the 40-year anniversary of legendary Marantz sound master, Ken Ishiwata, PM-KI Ruby features pinnacle performance that’s synonymous with Marantz excellence. Complete with thoughtful engineering, painstaking tuning and extensive listening sessions, PM-KI Ruby achieves the elevated output worthy of its name. Elegantly shows Ishiwata’s laser-engraved signature to commemorate the design and heightened listening experience that honors the decades-long partnership between him and Marantz.
      Extensive Sound Tuning
      Led by Ken Ishiwata’s extensive, meticulous approach to tuning, the larger Marantz engineering team applied more than 65 years of experience and HiFi knowledge to create PM-KI Ruby, resulting in a final product that is a testament to Ken Ishiwata and the Marantz legacy.
      Marantz HDAM Technology
      Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers. The PM-KI Ruby uses the latest high-grade SA3 version. Combined with optimized circuit design layout and carefully selected components, the PM-KI Ruby provides exceptional sound quality and performance.
      Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ
      Designed to deliver optimal sound quality by simplifying the signal path, the Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ stage in the PM-KI-Ruby amplifier can be used with both moving magnet and low-output moving coil cartridges, thanks to a built-in MC head amplifier. Distortion is reduced by using two-stage amplification in the phono stage, and Marantz HDAMs are combined with JFETs (junction gate field effect transistors) in the input stage, giving high input impedance. The exclusion of coupling capacitors further simplifies the design, reducing signal distortion and enhances signal purity.
      High Quality Volume Control
      Newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC to realize better channel separation, dynamic range and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analog volume control device. The amplifier employs new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
      Current Feedback Amplifier
      Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited, generating a very low phase shift. Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation by minimizing Negative Feedback (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and results in a high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback also makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
      Balanced Power Amplification
      Drawing on design elements of the PM-10, the PM-KI Ruby is built to leverage enhancements, maintain the purest possible sound and support the power needed to drive the most demanding speakers. The amplifier output stage of the PM-KI Ruby allows a large power output, delivering 2x100W into an 8ohm load, and easily copes with high-impedance speakers thanks to a 2x200W output into 4ohms. The amplifier module connects directly to the rear panel PCB on the PM-KI Ruby to maintain signal purity and sound stability.
      Pure Analog Design
      The purely analog design of the PM-KI Ruby contributes to its noise-reduction structure and clean build. Rather than build the DAC into the amplifier, which would add noise within the chassis, Marantz built the PM-KI Ruby without one and then implemented the DAC in the SA-KI Ruby Super Audio CD Player. This eliminated interference with the delicate analog signals passing through the amp, maintaining an analog environment that’s as pure and clean as possible.
      Carefully Selected Components
      Marantz has a steadfast reputation for choosing the best-possible components for its Premium Series products. The Marantz alternative to the “amplifier on a chip” IC components, the HDAM, is a miniature amplifier module built entirely of discrete components. Marantz engineers selected and optimized the HDAM through extensive listening in dedicated Marantz facilities in Europe and Japan. Extensive, painstaking and meticulous tuning has long been the secret of exquisite-sounding Marantz amplifiers. During the development stage, every part is carefully selected, tested and validated by Marantz audio engineers to ensure audio perfection every time you listen.
      Multiple Analog Inputs and Outputs
      In addition to phono and CD analog inputs, the PM-KI Ruby features two line-level inputs and two pairs of recorder input/output jacks that enable the connection of multiple sources and recorders. Use the PM-KI Ruby as a standalone stereo power amplifier for additional system configuration versatility with the included power amp input, or connect the PM-KI Ruby to an external power amplifier via the stereo pre-amp outputs.