Gieseler Audio

Low noise 9v, 12v & 15v 1.5A PSU

Sponsor

Hi Andrew,

thank you for the kind words. Good to hear it doing the job. The 12v 4A version is a new design with some  high specked parts so it  nice to know you can actually hear an improvement over a SMPS supply. It uses a new layout with high efficiency low rfi emission dual Schottky diodes witch are bolted directly to the case for cooling. These work so much better than the usual block rectifier you see in most PSU's of this capacity. I will post a photo of the pcb tomorrow when I get to work.

Regards

Clay

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Another very satisfied customer here. 2 x 12V PSU's sitting side by side in my loungeroom for my SoTM SMS200 and LH Labs Pulse Fi dac. Thanks Clay!

Matt

Sponsor

OK internal shot of the 12v 4A version.

Schottky diodes & regulator are mounted to the aluminium case using 3mm screws into tapped holes which gives excellent cooling. The diodes only run luke warm as they have super low forward voltage drop.

It is a bit of a squeeze fitting in the main filter cap but it just makes it. RC snubber filter on the transformer secondary & a common mode chokeIMG_0821.thumb.JPG.19d02a657b1117c4e8b2c1cc0c79eda7.JPG all help to reduce any incoming noise.

Hi Clay,

I've been thinking about using one of these 12V 4A PSUs inside my server case. You may remember I've asked you about this before. I want to put the tranny in  the case as well. If I take the back and top off like in the photo will it overheat ? Also I notice the jumper for grounding the case. Should I put that jumper in if I screw it to the server case?

Sponsor

Hi Andrew,

yes should work fine like that & no problem with the cover off.  I put the ground jumper option in but but haven't tried it. What it does is connect the negative output of the PSU to the PCB ground plane & also the case.  If your server case is earthed when you screw the PSU  down it achieves the same thing as the jumper no no need to add the jumper.

Clay, can your power supply options cover a 16V requirement for a Auralic Aries mini?

"It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A)."

I presume your 15V would then be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried one of these power supplies with a Schiit Modi Multibit?

On 15/04/2017 at 10:40 AM, Raffinator said:

Clay, can your power supply options cover a 16V requirement for a Auralic Aries mini?

"It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A)."

I presume your 15V would then be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John,

Not wanting to speak on Clay's behalf but he made me a PSU for my Auralic Mini when they were first released. So he certainly can make a PSU that more than covers the requirements for the Auralic units. It really did make an improvement to the sound too. 

This might summons him -

@Gieseler Audio

Edited by scumbag

Sponsor

Hi John,

yes my 9/12/15v 1.5A PSU preset to 15v would be fine. I could even change the 15v preset to 16v but the Auralic mini runs perfectly on 15v & bit cooler which is a bonus.

Mark - thanks for your input too.

5 hours ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Hi John,

yes my 9/12/15v 1.5A PSU preset to 15v would be fine. I could even change the 15v preset to 16v but the Auralic mini runs perfectly on 15v & bit cooler which is a bonus.

Mark - thanks for your input too.

I would be interested in this, could you PM me some prices please, also for the Aries Mini.