Gieseler Audio

Low noise 9v, 12v & 15v 1.5A PSU

Just now, scumbag said:

Yes, Youtube is the first thing I check after upgrading power supplies :hiccup Just jokes.

LOL! Yeah, I know, right? Everyone knows Youtube has AMAZING FIDELITY.

Hi Clay,

Can you do a 12V 7A PSU for my Mytek Brooklyn?

Cheers

Andrew

Sponsor

Holey smokes 7 Amps! Unfortunately I don't have a design with that high of a current.

OK maybe 7 amps is overkill. Probably 4 amps will do it. Any chance of doing that?

This from the specs page.

58af88e24a172_ScreenShot2017-02-24at9_13_10am.png.73ce7af638169aa1d13f936c8a7ea1fa.png

Gents,

I know the Sbooster stuff in not state of the art, however if we refer to their power supply that they offer for the Mytek -

https://www.sbooster.com/botw-pp-eco-12v-132v/?language=en  - this unit is rated at 28 watts max so my simple maths suggest @12 volts = 2.3 or thereabouts.

Not wanting to butt my nose in but it is useful to look at other commercial offerings to see what they consider a sensible spec'.

Of course, if Clay can get more juice out of his unit that 2.2A then that's great - you'll have some headroom.

We referred to the Sbooster stuff when Clay made me my powers supply for the then newly released Auralic Mini. By referring to their spec' we had a ball park as to the spec's that Clay's power supply should meet or exceed. Result = brilliant sound and never missed a beat.

Just my 2 cents. Please ignore if you wish!

Edited by scumbag

Sponsor

Andrew,

actually I do a 12v 4A version so that should do the job. I looks the same as the standard unit but has a nice external potted 12v 6A transformer so after regulation & loses is good for 4 Amps DC.

Cost is $350 delivered

Sponsor

Thanks Andrew.

Linear PSU still going strong! Really does add something to the DAC I'm using though I have no idea why or how.

Hi Clay,

I just want to say thanks for the excellent 4A PSU I'm using on my Mytek Brooklyn. The 4A seems adequate. No obvious dropouts.

The SQ is definitely a step up from the SMPS inside the Mytek. Well done. And at a price way better than anything available from eBay.

Cheers

Andrew