Low noise 9v, 12v & 15v 1.5A PSU

Gieseler Audio

Hi Guys

One thing I need to mention for people wanting a ISO Regen for their GROB or whatever DAC they use is Mike is an agent for Uptone Audio and you can get it from him without all the hastle of going through customs and what not.   He gets them without the power supply and Clay builds the supply for it.

Mike has two on order - one for him and one for me, both due to arrive sometime this month.  So Clay get out the soldering iron when you return from your well earned holiday down there in the wilds of Tasmania and start a building - you already have two supplies from me and Mike alone - one for Mikes regen (I already have one from the old regen I have) and one for my Aries.  I will be down there with the whip and leather gear to 'motivate' you since you will be fully rested.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 3

Hi Guys

One thing I need to mention for people wanting a ISO Regen for their GROB or whatever DAC they use is Mike is an agent for Uptone Audio and you can get it from him without all the hastle of going through customs and what not.   He gets them without the power supply and Clay builds the supply for it.

Mike has two on order - one for him and one for me, both due to arrive sometime this month.  So Clay get out the soldering iron when you return from your well earned holiday down there in the wilds of Tasmania and start a building - you already have two supplies from me and Mike alone - one for Mikes regen (I already have one from the old regen I have) and one for my Aries.  I will be down there with the whip and leather gear to 'motivate' you since you will be fully rested.

Thanks
Bill

I’ll be trying this combo out myself (IsoRegen + GROb, not whips + leather...)

Seriously though, if he could put an IsoRegen board inside of the chassis and power it, I think that would be a great combo. Or take apart a ultraRendu board and have the streamer already included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ancientflatulence said:

That is a truly frightening thought, Bill, .............. Clay may never return with a threat of motivation like that hanging over his head ............. :):) 

Damn - I knew my plan had a flaw.   Maybe just a few kind words instead - please, pretty please.

Seriously Clay hand builds everything to very high standards - these things cant be rushed - its real deal Hi Fi - not mass produced and marketed stuff you get at your local Hi Fi store.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Raffinator said:

Seriously though, if he could put an IsoRegen board inside of the chassis and power it, I think that would be a great combo. Or take apart a ultraRendu board and have the streamer already included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Clay, this last recommendation - not to leave devices switched on permanently - is this just for your PS or for all of your products, especially the DAC?  You had recommended previously to leave the Klein on 24/7.  I have the Klein II and find that it sounds better after being on for a while.

Andrew

Hi Andrew & nice to hear from you.

From a technical point of view I would not recommend leaving any piece of audio equipment permanently switched on as doing so will shorten it’s lifespan. (This applies to all electronic equipment) It’s mainly the capacitors which are actually slowly wearing out when powered up. This is often why old amplifiers sound flat & simply replacing all the capacitors brings them back to new performance.

Howerever I do agree that some audio components sound better when they are well warmed up & have been on for a few hours.

It is a bit of trade off I guess - do you want that instant optimal sound each day/evening when you first start playing music or are you happy to wait a little while. 

The capacitor lifetime is directly related to temperature - the hotter they are the quicker they wear out. 

If a piece of equipment is relatively cool when powered on then leaving it on permanently is not going to shorten its life much.

Hot runing gear is the reverse so in that case even after a couple of years of permanent power operation the performance will definately be dropping off. I was a NAD sevice agent & often with the hot running amps power supply capacitors needed replacing before the two year warranty had expired.

My advise would be just switch everything on about thirty minutes before any serious listening. 

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 3