Pro-Ject Phono Tube Box DS2 Lid Lifted

Nothing special inside however experience has taught me that super components doesn't necessarily equal super sound so I look forward to hearing what this has to offer. Standard fare of Burr Brown OPA2134 op amps, WIMA caps etc.

IMG_2412.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2439.JPG

Edited by Tubularbells
duplicate pic
  • Like 4

Guest thathifiguy

I previously had the original Tube Box DS, if they have improved on that I think you'll be doing pretty well for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Gijo1977 said:

Also where did you manage to find one? 

Bought mine from Germany but have noticed these are now available here.

http://www.vinylrevival.com.au/collections/project-audio-systems/products/project-tube-box-ds2-phono-preamplifier-exclusive?variant=32635907971

1 hour ago, Tubularbells said:

Good pickup. Let us know your thoughts on the DS2, I am looking for some 'warmth' before the D class gets hold of the signal :)

1 minute ago, Gijo1977 said:

Good pickup. Let us know your thoughts on the DS2, I am looking for some 'warmth' before the D class gets hold of the signal :)

Did the new sub warm or smoother things up at all?

3 hours ago, Sime said:

Did the new sub warm or smoother things up at all?

The sub definitely added the extra tones in the lower registers. I have the crossover set near its highest setting ~100-120 and the volume is fairly low to keep it all balanced nicely. I think the addition of the SRM mat also gave me some better control and tone out of the setup…. so all in all a great start into the abyss of audiophillia I guess.

I can say I am now less inclined to look at a speaker upgrade first :) and look at the other components in a more judicial sequence.

That Project Boxit system looked like a little cracker, its a pity interdyn doesn't bring in all the Project goodies :( but it seems as though it may be all to hard to deal with the Aus electricity grid or something? 

• 3 weeks later...