Sign in to follow this  
Demondes

FS: Antipodes DS SSD (2TB SSD running version 2.3 software)

Item: Antipodes DS SSD (2TB SSD running version 2.3 software)
Price: $3000 ONO
Item Condition: Close to Mint
Reason for selling: Highly Likely working overseas during parts of 2017, also to fund travel and other purchases.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+3% for paypal fees), Direct Debit, (will consider posting but local options first)
Extra Info: Bought new from Puremusicgroup on 24/08/2016.  Have been running Roon (not included in sale) in conjunction HQplayer and also Roon Direct (via USB).  The sound quality of the antipodes takes a big leap forward versus the mac mini i was using prior to this.  This model has a 2TB internal SSD drive which should hold a substantial music collection.  I have a collection of around 8TB so also connected to a Synology NAS via Ethernet.  If I sell the Antipodes some of the music ( a lot is lossless FLAC) could be "accidentally":):thumb: left on the antipodes SSD.

I  have the original box.

The SSD can be upgraded to the GT equivalent with replacement power supply

Pictures:

IMG_20170127_074313small.jpg

IMG_20170127_074325small.jpg

Edited by Demondes

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below
      Price: As per each item or group of items listed below ($80 for all) + shipping 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: Multiple copies of some, need to sell stuff for $ 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD ($13.75 COD fee from Aus Post) 
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre  

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $15
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $15 
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $35  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $35 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By El Saif
      Macquarie Sports Radio is no more.

See: https://mumbrella.com.au/nine-replaces-macquarie-sports-radio-with-music-format-613930

• By robes
      Item: Music DVDs as listed below
      Price: As per each item or group of items listed below ($80 for all) + shipping 
      Item Condition: Excellent (Discs are excellent or mint) 
      Reason for selling: Multiple copies of some, need to sell stuff for $ 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD ($13.75 COD free from Aus Post) 
      Extra Info: Can post if necessary or pickup at Macquarie Shopping Centre  

- Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - $15
      - Dire Straits Alchemy Live - $15 
      - Dick Cavett Show (7 discs - Rock Icons, Ray Charles, John Lennon & Yoko) - $35  
      - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame LIVE (9-disc set) - $35 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Cybrarian
      Sonic havens: how we use music to make ourselves feel at home
      Hi, I came across this research article about how non-audiophiles use music. It makes some interesting points about how people 'use' or 'consume' music that could help inform the audiophile community & perhaps bridge the gap between the general public & the audiophile community.

• By gyro
      Item: Antipodes DX G2  Black
      Price: $4,400
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Not being used
      Extra info: It has a 2TB SDD containing around 91Gig of flac files.  Has switchable power inputs (115V or 230V)
      A review: https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/digital-reviews/network-player-reviews/antipodes-dx-music-server/

The only reason I'm listing this is I use a Bacch4Mac dsp and it only runs on Apple gear   https://www.theoretica.us/bacch4mac/ ......I eventually and reluctantly gave in.
       If I wasn't addicted to BACCH  I would NOT be listing this server.  It cost me just over $9K,  It's  coming up to 3 y/o.  I want to buy some other hi fi gear and the DX is not being used.    It has all the features mentioned in the antipodes review above except it has only usb out.  Mark Jenkins decided (at the time) to provide only what he considered the best output.  (earlier versions had AES/coax etc.)
      This is the best sounding server I have ever heard.  Mark Jenkins is the master at this stuff.   His approach to radically reducing electrical (and mechanical) noise without interfering with signal (achieved through not filtering) makes this one box server one of the best in the world.... and no spinning HDD's here, only separate SSD's.    
      This thing is so versatile yet so easy to use.  You don't need to be a level one computer programmer to use it.
      It rips CD's in paranoid mode before storing to the drive. If you don't want to use it as a ROON Core you can playback using Squeezbox Server...controlled from your iphone (eg. Ipeng) or the app: "Orange Squeeze" for your Android device).  USB ports at the rear of the DX enable easily backup your valuable files to an external drive of at a click of a button (see the apps tab in the review above.)
      Basically the DX is a fantastic sounding Server that's easy to use.  Its a fantastic way of keeping your CD's on file and transitioning to the world of streaming, where you can select any track at the touch of a button.
      I have Roon for life and love it but I should mention that selecting and setting up free to air (global) digital radio stations is FAR easier on the DX (via squeezbox) than it is on Roon! You can also have both
      No cat or dog hair, I'm not a smoker, was always used with power regulation (PS Audio P-10).  
      Feel free to pm (pers message) me if you want to ask specifics,  arrange a listen etc.

Photos: