Sign in to follow this  
~Spyne~

NAD C275BEE?

So, anyone had experience with this power amp? I was considering it, to pair with the "soon to be released" Gieseler Pre/DAC.

Amps I'm also considering are a Naksa 70 (have one in my sights already, 2nd-hand) or Saksa 85, or maybe a Parasound A23.

I had a visit to Hugh's a few months ago to listen to his amps and while all seemed nice enough, the system they were in made it difficult to judge.

1) They were teamed with speakers I was completely unfamiliar with, except to notice they had some obvious linearity issues in the listening room (speaker or room at fault, don't know, but the issues were there all the same)

2) I didn't have my current Exposure amp with me, so couldn't even attempt a side-by-side comparison

3) They didn't jump out as doing anything especially spectacular, but that could be the room/rest of the system at the time restricting their performance. I do like the idea of supporting a local builder, though. Plus, Hugh was a great chat - couldn't help but love his passion for what he does with the Aspen amps.

Edited by ~Spyne~

I recently suggested a C275BEE to a client because I thought it would be good for the price, but I have to say it was staggeringly better than I expected, especially for the money and particularly in terms of dynamics and power. The guy wanted something to do LOUD well, which is not to suggest for a minute that the C275BEE lacked in detail or finesse because it didn't. I haven't heard the other models you have cited, so I can't offer any comparative observations. But I have listened to a lot of amplifiers over the past couple of years and the C275BEE is right up there.

Ive got a NAD 272 power amp, which is a generation before the 275. I think it does a great job. I was expecting a full bassy sound from it, but it was actually full of detail.

Mines for sale for $500 at the moment. Thats damn cheap power.

On 23/01/2017 at 8:43 PM, johnmath said:

I recently suggested a C275BEE to a client because I thought it would be good for the price, but I have to say it was staggeringly better than I expected, especially for the money and particularly in terms of dynamics and power. The guy wanted something to do LOUD well, which is not to suggest for a minute that the C275BEE lacked in detail or finesse because it didn't. I haven't heard the other models you have cited, so I can't offer any comparative observations. But I have listened to a lot of amplifiers over the past couple of years and the C275BEE is right up there.

That's good to know, John. I'm thinking of getting one to partner with my NAD C375BEE integrated and using both in bridge mode, giving me much more power and just as importantly, heaps more current.

I have a C 275  BEE for sale.  Open to reasonable offers. It is a great AMP, used it on my maggies and it made them sing.

Edited by Astronutter