anyone know what happened, Majoy in Perth

A few years ago I stumbled across a gentleman making speakers and hybrid amplifiers in Perth under the name of Majoy, I was very impressed at the time and was wondering if anyone has any idea if he is still in business. I think he was German. Oh by the way I didn't hurt myself when I stumbled across him

Regards Roger

Sorry, Roger, but I can't recall ever hearing of such a person.

The only person who I can think of who may fit the description is Clifford of Audio Synergy in East Perth. Perhaps the name you recall is the name of a product of Clifford's.

Many years ago Hans Bertina (sp?) made some well-reputed solid-state amp's, but this is where my memory fades out.

Best regards,

Brad

Many years ago Hans Bertina (sp?) made some well-reputed solid-state amp's, but this is where my memory fades out.

Ive been trying to con Hans into building me some amps for a couple of years now.

Hans amp went by the name HSA.

I think there have been a number of boutique hifi manufacturers over here, but I think most of them close up shop after an initial burst of enthusiasm. after all, the market is small and there are many products to choose from, and that was before China started flooding us with great products at ridiculous prices.

good luck in your search.

• 11 years later...

Hi. I used to work for Hans at HSA making preamplifiers and power amps, at the workshop in Kenwick back in about 1980. I still have some of the amps. They are still fantastic. I haven't seem Hans for about 8-10 years ? Have been trying to find out where he is. I have been told he might not be well :(

Has anyone more information ? Peter