Any planned GTGs in Melb the weekend of the HiFi show

Folks,

a few of us Sydney-siders are discussing a possible trip down for the hifi show.  Are there any planned GTGs on the Sunday?  Also,  and it may be in a different thread or too premature, is there a dinner on Sat night?

John

Would definitely be great to catch up with some you Sydney-siders, hope you guys do make the trip. :) 

Though probably right about being a little premature.  We probably don't tend to plan things down here quite as far in advance as you Sydney-siders, suppose you could even argue we organise things last minute sometimes..... :unsure:

I'm sure it will be good though !!! :D 

• Like 1

• Administrator

@Luc was talking about organising something, or maybe he was talking about crashing someone else's organised event :)

@evil c is our social coordinator, by self appointment. Maybe he can offer suggestions? :)

Not premature at all. It's good to be well organised.

Already been talk of a Sat dinner party and as the show is damn near a year off I reckon that something will be well organised by then, I've had a few chats already behind the lines about it.

If no one in Bleak City puts their hand up by then to organise it then I'll do it, it aint that hard.

Plenty of time though John.

Also plenty of time to organise GTG's too.

If you and some of the crew from Mark's GTG's all come down then I'm sure there will be a place for you on that Sunday somewhere,(  @joz  you need to do an out of towners gtg... ) although that Sunday is a Sunday Too Far Away at this stage...:)

Edit:  *Happy to organise if needed. Clive did a fantastic job last time with the Coopers do.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 4

I'm sure we will John.

I'm buying my tickets shortly and a little further down the track I'll book my flights and I think after being there last year and chatting to Marcthe other day(here online) that I'll book into the Mercure for a few days as well.

A week in Bleak City is always a pleasant experience and I always enjoy it.

• Like 1

@Luc was talking about organising something, or maybe he was talking about crashing someone else's organised event [emoji4]
@evil c is our social coordinator, by self appointment. Maybe he can offer suggestions? [emoji4]

Not premature at all. It's good to be well organised.

Happy to organize something although equally happy for@Luc to make himself seem important and be head poobah!
Yeah about time a mod put their hand up for a GTG (hint hint joz). [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Would be convenient for @joz to host wouldn't it? Just sayin' [emoji4]
That way I might even be able to sneak away and come visit briefly.

I could do it - yet again otherwise (yawn)[emoji10]

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, evil c said:

Happy to organize something although equally happy for@Luc to make himself seem important and be head poobah!
Yeah about time a mod put their hand up for a GTG (hint hint joz). emoji53.png

I could never outdo you mate for grand poobah-ishness. Off you go then...start organising;)

*Cast it out there... eventually you'll get a bite, sometimes it's quick and sometimes it's slow:D

• Like 1

I'm sure we will John.
I'm buying my tickets shortly and a little further down the track I'll book my flights and I think after being there last year and chatting to Marcthe other day(here online) that I'll book into the Mercure for a few days as well.
A week in Bleak City is always a pleasant experience and I always enjoy it.

Great. I think its melb cup weekend so prob best early bookings for us all.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Administrator
1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

Great. I think its melb cup weekend so prob best early bookings for us all.
Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Just on that, doing our due diligence regarding the date, we rang around Melbourne hotels. We were assured that only hotels in the immediate vicinity of Flemington Racecourse see any extra bookings, and the rest of the hotels don't charge any sort of premium that weekend.

• Like 1

Oh alright!

Great - now we've got that sorted we just need Foghorn@Luc horn to step up to the plate and organize the Saturday dinner! [emoji1]

Will have enough to do already with organizing my GTG'S this year. [emoji6]

• Like 1

• Administrator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Ok - flights are now booked.

Who else from Syd a Knee is going to make the trek?

So I shouldn't change the date of the show now? :P

• Like 1