Any Audioquest fans here?

1 hour ago, cyberkank said:

Time to revive this thread.

Anyone heard of the new Mythical creatures speaker cables? Seems like the Beez Neez of cable?

Apparently the entry level Thunderbird already surpass the existing WEL signature at 1/8 of its price? (According to the AQ rep in the demo video).

Hi ck,

I have the new Mythical creatures speaker cables:   Audioquest FireBird Mythical Creatures 72V DBS speaker cables in bi-wire configuration (FireBird ZERO and FireBird BASS) which replaced my AQ Everest speaker cables.

Just like AQ's new power cables these new speaker cables are incredible and made me hear even MORE - not at the expense of musicality. 

Very highly recommended.

1 minute ago, darthlaker said:

Hi ck,

I have the new Mythical creatures speaker cables:   Audioquest FireBird Mythical Creatures 72V DBS speaker cables in bi-wire configuration (FireBird ZERO and FireBird BASS) which replaced my AQ Everest speaker cables.

Just like AQ's new power cables these new speaker cables are incredible and made me hear even MORE - not at the expense of musicality. 

Very highly recommended.

Thanks, firebird bit out of my reach.

But good to hear positive things on the Mythical creature cables and how it compared with previous flagship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyberkank said:

Thanks, firebird bit out of my reach.

But good to hear positive things on the Mythical creature cables and how it compared with previous flagship.

Thanks. I have heard even the budget line sound incredible. Well worth checking out.

• 4 weeks later...

Had an opportunity to try out the AQ William tell speaker cables at home. It is indeed very good.
I did A/B comparison with my current cable and the AQ is more preferable in my system. The saxaphone and piano sounded much more smooth and body on the notes more apparent.
Will be interesting to go up to the Thunderbird level.

• Like 2

Had an opportunity to try out the AQ William tell speaker cables at home. It is indeed very good.
I did A/B comparison with my current cable and the AQ is more preferable in my system. The saxaphone and piano sounded much more smooth and body on the notes more apparent.
Will be interesting to go up to the Thunderbird level.
My current speaker cable is also no slouch. It is extrmely good speaker cables and gas quite a following within the stereonet community. But no doubt in my system the AQ was superior. I think the difference would be even greater with a larger room

Aspen is a generation before the ones you describing, although it has got the new DBS black packs. I have some spare DBS carbon and thought I swap over, but didn’t like the presentation with the carbon so went back to black.

Neo