Sign in to follow this  
jeelie

FS: Plinius SA Reference x 2

Nice amps, FWIW I am pretty sure Class A halves for 4ohm from 8. Meaning these monos should do 150w Class A before they switch to Class A/B (at 4 ohms)

Mind you 150w of Class A @4ohm is a sweet sweet thing in itself.

glwts

I would rather not get into any debate as I simply just try to sell my amps here. However, it seems it is my responsibility to get the fact right with the stuff I am trying to sell. So…

"Bridging amplifiers does nothing to their class A output - it stays the same." - truben

"The bias in mono has a collaborative effect that remains approximately 1/3 full class A. This is around 300W Class A bias in Mono for the available 1000W output prior to clipping." - Plinius

I am no expert. I don't know which one is true. So is either Plinius lied to me or... But for me, I wouldn't dare to challenge the knowledge of a company which has been making amplifiers for more than 30 years as it would usually end up being laughed at...

"FWIW I am pretty sure Class A halves for 4ohm from 8. Meaning these monos should do 150w Class A before they switch to Class A/B (at 4 ohms)" - sjay

Again, I am no expert, but I've never seen any class A amplifier in this world will give less Class A power from 8 ohms to 4 ohms (Perhaps except Plinius?). While the total output of SA reference increased from 1000w to 1800w from 8 Ohms to 4 Ohms like all other high bias class A amps, could you elaborate what makes it change from high bias to "not so high bias" from 8 ohms to 4 ohms?

I just simply love Music and HiFi and I am still learning, so I am really more than happy if someone can actually clarify these, so that I will not waste money on some misleading products and improve my system into the right direction in the future.

Ken

Ken,

You could always email Aidan Moody, Senior Tech at Plinius aidan@pliniusaudio.com

I'm sure he'd be happy to clarify.

@jeelie in my experience, if someone is genuinely interested in 24k mono's, they wont be asking you to do any research on their behalf. GLWTS sale mate, I genuinely wish I could afford such righteous amplification.

Daz

I bought one SA Reference in 2012 hoping I could afford a second one at some stage [emoji51]

They are an impressive amp.

If someone could buy my black one I might be able to spring for 2 of these

21 hours ago, superhifi said:

Hi Ken, beautiful amps, are they still for sale

Regards, Ken

Hi Ken,

The new Plinius pre amp has arrived^^ so I think I will just keep them.

Regards,

Ken

599bb28dd3d64_RM10Aug2017.jpg.9e22330ff4e87160a72449fac421f4a2.jpg

599bb2c6f3539_PMCAug2017.jpg.96ef76dcea78a741fe2da19778413a41.jpg

I bought one SA Reference in 2012 hoping I could afford a second one at some stage [emoji51]

They are an impressive amp.

I have a black Plinius pre that is begging me for a black Plinius power amp - it's a conundrum best left to consider after a few beers so I can think straight. My unaffected brain says sell the pre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, DoggieHowser said:

I bought one SA Reference in 2012 hoping I could afford a second one at some stage emoji51.png

41 minutes ago, A J said:

I have a black Plinius pre that is begging me for a black Plinius power amp - it's a conundrum best left to consider after a few beers so I can think straight. My unaffected brain says sell the pre.

You two should have a discussion...

1 with a black pre & the other with a black power amp...

I see synergy here...

I've been warned about meandering in a WTS ad ;) but since the OP has already gotten a happy ending (great combo btw)...

I'm trying to see if I can trade in my old ARC Ref5SE for an ARC Ref6 in black - that would match the Plinius too. The Ref5SE had great chemistry with the Plinius but at that time the gain from my EMM Labs was just too high to make all 3 work. 

I've been warned about meandering in a WTS ad [emoji6] but since the OP has already gotten a happy ending (great combo btw)...

I'm trying to see if I can trade in my old ARC Ref5SE for an ARC Ref6 in black - that would match the Plinius too. The Ref5SE had great chemistry with the Plinius but at that time the gain from my EMM Labs was just too high to make all 3 work. 
Maybe try speaking with Vinod at Lifestylestore

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

On 22/08/2017 at 2:29 PM, jeelie said:

Hi Ken,

The new Plinius pre amp has arrived^^ so I think I will just keep them.

Regards,

Ken

599bb28dd3d64_RM10Aug2017.jpg.9e22330ff4e87160a72449fac421f4a2.jpg

599bb2c6f3539_PMCAug2017.jpg.96ef76dcea78a741fe2da19778413a41.jpg

Very nice set up, pm me should you decide to sell in the near future, I'm also interested in purchasing  stands for my amps, may I asked where would one obtained these stands from?