Dual CS435 power and belt replacement

Hi.  I havent been on the site for a long time and need some help.  I am found my Dual CS435 turntable in the cupboard and decided to get it going. Unfortunately the power connection has gone astray.  I understand it is a 12V DC 150 ma connection. I have searched the web but cant find any replacements.  Any ideas on how to get another one or suitable alternative.   I also noticed that the belt was broken.   Can anyone give me some advice on how to fit a new belt.

I am unfamiliar with that model, but I would guess that the platter is held on by a spring clip. Release it, remove the platter and you can then access the broken belt. A replacement belt can be obtained from a number of source. WES Components in Sydney and fast and cheap. The power supply is easy. ANY 12 Volt DC power supply rated at more than 150mA will work just fine. Again, WES can assist here too. 

Thanks for the help.  Can you just clarify a few things.   The  CS 435 is the base Dual model.  It has a timber particle board base.  Yes it has a spring clip. When removed the top platter comes off.  It seems will have to remove the sub platter. Is that correct. Also as far as the power supply I did receive the following advice

Important: Heed the polarity (centre contact = plus pole!) - 'cause unfortunately the CS41x/43x/45x family models aren't equipped with a protective diode against false polarity, so that one needs to pay attention, if one doesn't want to fry the regulator inside the DC205 motor.

So do you have an appropriate power supply with the right polarity?

Also I just noticed the address of Rage Audio.  I used to live in Carvers Road Jannali a long time ago. Regular visitor to the Royal Como Hotel as well

Edited by Shah
mistake

1 hour ago, Shah said:

Thanks for the help.  Can you just clarify a few things.   The  CS 435 is the base Dual model.  It has a timber particle board base.  Yes it has a spring clip. When removed the top platter comes off.  It seems will have to remove the sub platter. Is that correct. Also as far as the power supply I did receive the following advice

Important: Heed the polarity (centre contact = plus pole!) - 'cause unfortunately the CS41x/43x/45x family models aren't equipped with a protective diode against false polarity, so that one needs to pay attention, if one doesn't want to fry the regulator inside the DC205 motor.

So do you have an appropriate power supply with the right polarity?

Also I just noticed the address of Rage Audio.  I used to live in Carvers Road Jannali a long time ago. Regular visitor to the Royal Como Hotel as well

I can order the correct power supply from WES, but so can you. You should not remove the sub-platter to change the belt.

I am not really familar with polarity and that technical stuff.   I cant remember how the turntable was connected to a power source.   Would it have a transformer that connected to the ordinary power supply. The guy who mentioned polarity was from Germany.

So the belt just goes around the sub platter and around the little roller  to the side. 

Would it have a transformer that connected to the ordinary power supply.  Yes it has what is called a wall wart ,this is a small transformer that you plug in to a power point. You can see it in the diagram I posted ,it is number 16. As Zaphod Beeblebrox stated WES Components in Sydney and fast and cheap. The power supply is easy. ANY 12 Volt DC power supply rated at more than 150mA will work just fine. Again, WES can assist here too. 

•  
  •  So the belt just goes around the sub platter and around the little roller  to the side.   Yes that is correct

Edited by EV Cali