andythiing

currently drinking

+1 to the Laphroaig !!! the mrs's old man is a scotch ***** and is always feeding me his latest and greatest, finished off with a Laphroaig at the end of the night

Just starting to get into single malts, and enjoying this one ... a lot ... love the smokey character. Going to pour another right now =)

230201961.jpg

Jaypee love the name - is it as good as it sounds?

Its amazing mate, well worth getting your hands on

Yesterday

Redoak_Belgium_Choc_Stout_L.jpg

Tonight:

lagavulin-16yr_h.jpg

Ooooh! Lagavulin 16yr. My personal favourite. Though Bruichladdich ain't a bad drop either, just to second whoever it was already mentioned it.

Caol Ila, Another Islay is also a good one, or Ardbeg for something very different...(Laphroaig being one of the classics, of course.... Barely worth bringing up at this point)

It's New Years Eve and its been a shocker of a hot day so currently sipping a Coopers Sparkling Ale.

BR

Edited by Bluroo

I haven't had a beer all week (being good), but currently downing a few Coopers Pale Ale.

Methinks Coopers is becoming the SNA beer of choice! :D

Are you saying Foster's owns Murray?

no - as always - my breviety clouds my meaning (a fault of mine)

Murrays make GREAT beer.

the best stout, however - is owned by Fosters (Sheaf)

Ahh...

Yeah, Sheaf is a ripper. Good taste my man! :D

I haven't had a beer all week (being good), but currently downing a few Coopers Pale Ale.

Methinks Coopers is becoming the SNA beer of choice! :D

And what a great beer of choice!

PS I am addicted to Coppers Stout in winter. Bring on the cold...

corona , got a carton for christmas from a very nice customer and doing my best to finish them off today:hiccup

cheers

eskcapee

. Bring on the cold...

Oh yes please this stinking HOT weather is the pits.

Only had 2 Coopers Milds today while preparing and cooking a Pizza.

I think the drinking all night on NYE is past me:confused: But I toast you all a Happy new Year anyway.

Strange, but i have found through a dedicated, self punishing and long trial that The Coopers Milds taste much better from the can than the glass Stubbie. I find the taste of the can lighter and easier to adapt to, where the Stubbies have a slight 'cringe' effect until you have a couple.

"Why is it so?" as one famous fella once asked?

Strange, but i have found through a dedicated, self punishing and long trial that The Coopers Milds taste much better from the can than the glass Stubbie. I find the taste of the can lighter and easier to adapt to, where the Stubbies have a slight 'cringe' effect until you have a couple.

"Why is it so?" as one famous fella once asked?

I have no answer to that. I have found that any beer I have tried has always tasted better out of a glass than a can or bottle, at least to me. That's certainly the case with Cooper's Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale (red label, my favourite). Haven't really put Coopers Mild to the test though, so must do that.

I think its to do with the bubbles. When you drink from a can or bottle, the beer starts de-gassing as you drink it, while in a glass it has a chance to begin the de-gassing process before you sip. I think that affects the taste.

Edited by emesbee

Tried a Lobethal Oatmeal Stout at the Wheatsheaf a few days back and bugger me if that isn't a LOVE-ER-LY drop!!! Course I have a whelks' chance in a supernova of finding it up here....

Tried a Lobethal Oatmeal Stout at the Wheatsheaf a few days back and bugger me if that isn't a LOVE-ER-LY drop!!! Course I have a whelks' chance in a supernova of finding it up here....

That's one I haven't tried. Must seek it out.

I have no answer to that. I have found that any beer I have tried has always tasted better out of a glass than a can or bottle, at least to me. That's certainly the case with Cooper's Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale (red label, my favourite). Haven't really put Coopers Mild to the test though, so must do that.

I think its to do with the bubbles. When you drink from a can or bottle, the beer starts de-gassing as you drink it, while in a glass it has a chance to begin the de-gassing process before you sip. I think that affects the taste.

I also only drank from a glass or stubbie once, but it's got me stuffed why the can of Mild is better. Had ruralrat over the other day and we poured our canned milds into frosty cold tall glasses and I tell you what, it was one of the best I've ever had including full strenghts that I once drank. Very cloudy beer like the Pale Ales are but without the kick.

I can feel a COOPERS coming on soon.

Grumpy, although I've given up the piss, the Coopers Mild is has recently become my favourite beer. Even better than the Green and the Red.

Grumpy, although I've given up the piss, .

Hope it was voluntary and not permanent.

Anyone wanting to try the MILD, try both the can and the bottle, you will be surprised.

I've never seen Coopers in a can. Is it only available in SA I wonder?