Poor, poor pitiful me, darling has gone out to dinner with girlfriends so home alone.

Exercise now done, so what's for dinner.

Love to keep it simple Sergio (KISS) so a classic pasta.

Spagettini, Mondo's hot Italian dry sausage, bacon, garlic, basil, red onion, red pepper, truffles, evoo and some very tasty Adelaide Hills Coates Chardonnay to deglaze the pan and some for the pasta some for me during prep.

Make sure to boil pasta aldente.

And all the while listen to Mr Tony Bennett live and unplugged.

And for dinner a glass or two of Wynns 1998 cab sav....... Darling should go out more often..... No,no... Just kidding.

image.jpeg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Annual Wine of the Year dinner was last night. Everyone brings a wine they think could be a contender....8 of us were in attendance and we held this at Aria restaurant, a 10 course degustation mat

Chilling at home this arvo-washing records,  giving them a spin, doing some cooking and oh, a few beverages ......keeping Mrs Mendes amused.....🙏🥂🍷🍻

Started with some southern Tassie Chardonnay and now enjoying some smoked beef shorties with a few glasses of damn nice 2012 McLaren Vale Shiraz.  Cheers all 🤙

Poor, poor pitiful me, darling has gone out to dinner with girlfriends so home alone.

Spagettini, Mondo's hot Italian dry sausage, bacon, garlic, basil, red onion, red pepper, truffles, evoo and some very tasty Adelaide Hills Coates Chardonnay to deglaze the pan and some for the pasta some for me during prep.

And for dinner a glass or two of Wynns 1998 cab sav....... Darling should go out more often..... No,no... Just kidding.
image.jpeg

Steve, i like what you call a simple classic pasta dish. I think when one is alone everything is just simple haha!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Btw, the Wynns is one good example that doesn't cost much to be rewarded.

Slow roasting chicken using Huston's recipe. Trying this young wine to see if worth getting some more, like the smoky oak taste.20161105_173303.thumb.jpg.b9e23d8b96afed

The label of the Dalmore is pretty old. Is it the kind of $45000 Dalmore that Richard Peterson has been raving about?

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Guest jakeyb77
On ?26?/?10?/?2016 at 6:36 PM, Jakeyb77 said:

Just bought a case of this for $150. Usually $60 a bottle. Can't wait.
0dc242ec49b06ec1b8a09114c3e5b508.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I jinxed myself didn't I!!  It took less than 2 days for them to collect my return dozen.  Today I rang to chase up the above wine to which the response was my order was lost and the wine has sold out but we have some other stock you might like.

I have asked for a refund and will go back to buying wines direct from the wineries.

Some friends organized an informal gtg tasting on Saturday where we all share the cost and drink some nice wines..

Anyone want to take a guess on the standout wine? You may be surprised.

IMG_3387.JPG

Guest jakeyb77
24 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

Some friends organized an informal gtg tasting on Saturday where we all share the cost and drink some nice wines..

IMG_3387.JPG

The henri?

IMG_3387.JPG

Depends on what year of what wine Steve, can't see from pic....

1 minute ago, dwbasement said:

28!

1 minute ago, Jakeyb77 said:

please say yes... I have a stack of these lol

They were good.... but some stiff competition was on hand.

1 minute ago, Jakeyb77 said:

please say yes... I have a stack of these lol

Jake, I can tell you 28 is very good, good vintage can be better than st henri from a bad vintage.

I had a couple of 1990 3 years ago and they were better than the 1995 st henri! 

2 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

They were good.... but some stiff competition was on hand.

well, I guess the one that I don't know?  on the far right

which make sense cus all the penfolds are too young to drink I reckon

Edited by dwbasement
4 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

On the day and how they presented it was the .....2009 Greenock Creek Roennfeldt Road Shiraz............. Stunning individual wine!!

with this price tag, how was it compare to the grange?

13 minutes ago, dave1 said:

how come the Greenock bottle looks so tall?

Who knows..... marketing? Standout in a crowd?...... it was a stunning wine.

The Grange is a latent proposition, I am sure it's best is still 15 -25 years away.

None of these wines were bad in any way at all.

The one comment that everyone made was..... no bargains to be found here as they are pushing the envelope price wise. YMMV

Who knows..... marketing? Standout in a crowd?...... it was a stunning wine.

The Grange is a latent proposition, I am sure it's best is still 15 -25 years away.

None of these wines were bad in any way at all.

The one comment that everyone made was..... no bargains to be found here as they are pushing the envelope price wise. YMMV

Steve, how was the 28 compare to 128 in ypur opinion, interested to know cus i normally only get 28 but in the last few years i also started buying some 128 too, good to know if i should just stick to 28...

43 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

which make sense cus all the penfolds are too young to drink I reckon

Yes they are, but the organizer thought....ah, why not!!  :party

1 minute ago, dwbasement said:

Steve, how was the 28 compare to 128, interested to know cus i normally only get 28 but in the last few years i also started buying some 128 too, good to know if i should just stick to 28...

My preference was the 128 :)

My preference was the 128 [emoji4]

Thanks Steve, i should buy both then from now on. Only tried 128 once few years ago was a 2008 when i started, wasn't sure but it was not a fair judgement comparing with 1990 28...
Not good for my wallet but good for having another wine to cellar for future haha.

4 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

@SETSergio or anyone, have tried 138 and 8? Also interested to know.

Dennis, Can I suggest something for you to try?.............The best bargain.... quality v price I have tried this year,  I recommend you try .... Coates Wines The Gimp Shiraz.

Can be purchased on line from the winery.

It seriously over delivers :thumb: 

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, SETSergio said:

Dennis, Can I suggest something for you to try?.............The best bargain.... quality v price I have tried this year,  I recommend you try .... Coates Wines The Gimp Shiraz.

Think Vinomofo might have some of this on special. It rings a bell... or a ball-gag

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, dwbasement said:

can't find it  at Vinomofo...

You won't... BUT, I have contacted my insider there to see if they have stock.  Will let you know

12 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

Thanks Steve, will try some for sure.

the reason I asked about the 8 and 138 was talking to a couple of mates to do a penfolds party in the future to taste some of their wine together, and thinking if I should include the 138 and 8.