andythiing

currently drinking

11 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Another sunday bbq with a couple of friends.

20191117_112610.jpg

Ahhh, good old Church Block. I used to get all the Wirra Wirra wines delivered to the front door, or at the cellars--all for free.  It's amazing what being the partner of the owner gets you.

real surprise here: Cosmo wines heathcote shiraz. aged beautifully. hints of chocolate coming through. 

A75FC01D-1154-47CD-B5AA-EDCEB467E5C7.jpeg

A fine drop I must say.

8D2CD140-898C-44A1-A45A-041058952241.jpeg

8 hours ago, mtf said:

A fine drop I must say.

8D2CD140-898C-44A1-A45A-041058952241.jpeg

Yes, and also a stiff drop at 59.7% alc/ vol

Stunning example of MR Cab Sav.....loving it....🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷 5 Glasses

37154086-9F89-4073-9CC7-CEF3CE15C54D.jpeg

Hanging out for a Neb tonite.

61039B3E-F8BE-4B8C-831E-3D49D6521B3C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, mtf said:

Hanging out for a Neb tonite.

61039B3E-F8BE-4B8C-831E-3D49D6521B3C.jpeg

How is?

15 minutes ago, Mendes said:

How is?

Its  not too bad for the price, wish I had opened a better one though.

9 minutes ago, mtf said:

Its  not too bad for the price, wish I had opened a better one though.

Ha ha, there is always tomorrow 🍷🍷🍷🍷

I love order.......😂

42836E7F-389F-4F17-AE4F-09793AB35E00.jpeg

I love tall tales:

Covered in dust at the end of this awful smokey hot day and needing to fill some drums with diesel I popped into local Service Station that has morphed into a fresh veg shop and bottleshop carrying the Liquorland or something like that buying brand. I can occasionally get a bargain due to the non existent practice of stock rotation(back to front/front to back...move the stock so we move everything) which they seemingly don't practice.

Even the effort of removing those little cards that they slip into the rack under the bottle that indicates a reduction of price, they sometimes forget and when they rack up $40 for a Pepperjack on the till that has a $30 slip on the shelf I drag them over to the offending slip of cardboard.

I don't think heads roll but I'm sure there are dark looks and nasty words said...and of course I get my wine ten bucks off in that case.

So this arvo I wander in and grab my IIPA of choice and two weak cousins as followers and cast a quick eye over the reds as I amble out. Pepperjack $39.99 reduced to $19.99. Yes please I say. Of course it'll be cheaper at Dans by 10 cents but Dan's is miles away from me.

I grab the first bottle, it's a 2018 Cab Sav and there's another one behind it same vintage and then a long gap to the next one.

Is this story leading anywhere your asking? Of course it is, be patient I'm getting there.

I reckon the shelf can hold 12 possibly 15 bottles one after the other back to the front.

It's the top shelf and I'm 6'2" and taller with work boots on, I can just peer to the back while standing on the tips of my steel caps. Huge gap between the two front bottles and the back ones.

The back ones have dust on them, there's four there, 2016//2014(2)/2013.

Yup. I paid $80 for the four of them.

2013 has completed his life as a brave soldier and lays upright next to LP12.

Salutes all round!

Now if only I can work out how to get pic off the phone onto the PC..

Obviously I'm not moving out of this chair as music is streaming and the glass and the port that awaits is just behind the monitor and the last bit of that 2013 is in front of me.

The pic if you can see it comes with a highlighted aftermarket add-on called an arrow pointing towards the red. Every currently opened bottle of red resides next to the Topaz as that way it looks like I never change bottles.

I'm almost certain my partner of 40 plus years is completely unaware that it's been the same bottle for some years now....honest!

It's my mancave after all and not her'spepperjack.thumb.jpg.caa1b48bad16e76d2c1c781ebfc5be0b.jpg

Oh! Just as an aside, that's a stepdown tranny all lit up running a big arse Jap market only Sansui with a heap of numbers and dials on it, fantastic bit of gear. The reds next to the tubes? It means I'm always careful, one mistake and the red is gone or the tubes and that's why I'm not getting up to take a closer pic(flash? Can't find it on the ph).

*2013 was paired with a Normandy gooey cheese and toasted sourdough.(The Smiths are playing in the background) .

**apols for long post.

50 minutes ago, Luc said:

I love tall tales:

Covered in dust at the end of this awful smokey hot day and needing to fill some drums with diesel I popped into local Service Station that has morphed into a fresh veg shop and bottleshop carrying the Liquorland or something like that buying brand. I can occasionally get a bargain due to the non existent practice of stock rotation(back to front/front to back...move the stock so we move everything) which they seemingly don't practice.

Even the effort of removing those little cards that they slip into the rack under the bottle that indicates a reduction of price, they sometimes forget and when they rack up $40 for a Pepperjack on the till that has a $30 slip on the shelf I drag them over to the offending slip of cardboard.

I don't think heads roll but I'm sure there are dark looks and nasty words said...and of course I get my wine ten bucks off in that case.

So this arvo I wander in and grab my IIPA of choice and two weak cousins as followers and cast a quick eye over the reds as I amble out. Pepperjack $39.99 reduced to $19.99. Yes please I say. Of course it'll be cheaper at Dans by 10 cents but Dan's is miles away from me.

I grab the first bottle, it's a 2018 Cab Sav and there's another one behind it same vintage and then a long gap to the next one.

Is this story leading anywhere your asking? Of course it is, be patient I'm getting there.

I reckon the shelf can hold 12 possibly 15 bottles one after the other back to the front.

It's the top shelf and I'm 6'2" and taller with work boots on, I can just peer to the back while standing on the tips of my steel caps. Huge gap between the two front bottles and the back ones.

The back ones have dust on them, there's four there, 2016//2014(2)/2013.

Yup. I paid $80 for the four of them.

2013 has completed his life as a brave soldier and lays upright next to LP12.

Salutes all round!

Now if only I can work out how to get pic off the phone onto the PC..

Obviously I'm not moving out of this chair as music is streaming and the glass and the port that awaits is just behind the monitor and the last bit of that 2013 is in front of me.

The pic if you can see it comes with a highlighted aftermarket add-on called an arrow pointing towards the red. Every currently opened bottle of red resides next to the Topaz as that way it looks like I never change bottles.

I'm almost certain my partner of 40 plus years is completely unaware that it's been the same bottle for some years now....honest!

It's my mancave after all and not her'spepperjack.thumb.jpg.caa1b48bad16e76d2c1c781ebfc5be0b.jpg

Oh! Just as an aside, that's a stepdown tranny all lit up running a big arse Jap market only Sansui with a heap of numbers and dials on it, fantastic bit of gear. The reds next to the tubes? It means I'm always careful, one mistake and the red is gone or the tubes and that's why I'm not getting up to take a closer pic(flash? Can't find it on the ph).

*2013 was paired with a Normandy gooey cheese and toasted sourdough.(The Smiths are playing in the background) .

**apols for long post.

:thumb: :thumb::hiccup.......

on ya Lee......legend post....

42 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Visiting a mate tonite.

20191123_223836.jpg

Hope you had a great night!  How did you like the 2012 model?

12 hours ago, mtf said:

Hope you had a great night!  How did you like the 2012 model?

It was great, didn't get home until 2am...

The 2012 was good but  I would leave for another at least couple or more years to develop, nice dark red colour, medium body and a but fruity for me....hope it changes in a few years as I still have a few bottles around...