Jump to content

andythiing

currently drinking

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Mendes said:

wonderful tawny

The colour in that tawny....no need to ask was it good.

 

Having bubbles with tea tonight will post later when my hands are once again steady...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a celebration last night. This was a gift - superb bubbles, but not sure if I would stump up the cash

Dom06a.thumb.jpg.16ab0236ca5161660ee188511605b3f9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Followed up by a nice little find - was drinking superbly

 

 

B28a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

Bit of a celebration last night. This was a gift - superb bubbles, but not sure if I would stump up the cash

Dom06a.thumb.jpg.16ab0236ca5161660ee188511605b3f9.jpg

Nice gift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, PKay said:

Nice gift. 

That's an absolutely lovely gift! Vintage to boot! Marvelous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cooked this lovely meal to welcome my wife and daughter back home after they'd been in Bleak City for a week.

Was going to take a pic but I forgot. 

I scored a bottle of bubbles off a couple I was doing a landscape for. 

They enjoyed the landscape finished result and I'd got to know them quite well during the course of the job, well enough to chip them about my gift:  What... No vintage?

 

Luckily they know me and I them and they didn't take offense 😀

IMG_20191005_210449739.thumb.jpg.c6a9df5588d39aee5ad678b37890d7f2.jpg

 

So the girls are watching Netflix and I'm in the mancave with the door slid shut.

A packet of Darrell Lea choccy bullets and sipping this, it's rather more-ish let me tell you.

IMG_20191005_210702319.thumb.jpg.414cd806e4dfb7ef19a7b43c206a9fd8.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Luc said:

I cooked this lovely meal to welcome my wife and daughter back home after they'd been in Bleak City for a week.

Was going to take a pic but I forgot. 

I scored a bottle of bubbles off a couple I was doing a landscape for. 

They enjoyed the landscape finished result and I'd got to know them quite well during the course of the job, well enough to chip them about my gift:  What... No vintage?

 

Luckily they know me and I them and they didn't take offense 😀

IMG_20191005_210449739.thumb.jpg.c6a9df5588d39aee5ad678b37890d7f2.jpg

 

So the girls are watching Netflix and I'm in the mancave with the door slid shut.

A packet of Darrell Lea choccy bullets and sipping this, it's rather more-ish let me tell you.

IMG_20191005_210702319.thumb.jpg.414cd806e4dfb7ef19a7b43c206a9fd8.jpg

 

 

Living the good life Lee .....🍾🍷🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mendes said:

Living the good life Lee .....🍾🍷🙏

Rolls Royce taste on a mini minor budget trust me! The Vintage Port was a gift too from a bloke I did a rockwall for.

 

*I'm not a snob, but a bloke earlier this year was really happy with a long difficult trench I'd dug and then backfilled and tidied his yard up so he'd hardly know an mini excavator had been in...(cough). Anyway, end of the day we had a beer and he wanted to give me a slab of beer I was like; Umm, Vitamin B? I don't drink it.

tenor.gif.0c9ee63b20806e476dbe3c6ac49cac04.gif

 

Was getting late in the day

856862691_tumblr_npwg3fOGyk1u1qld9o1_400Smiths.gif.641953c8476b865590679203645fdbee.gif

 

A said, how about I knock 60 off the bill and you give me the $45 for the slab of VB and I'll come back with a proper slab of beer?

 

image.png.c180bff973760441c87c9fee1da7cb47.png

 

CoConspirators_Matriarch_tapdecal_web_55

The Matriarch

IBU: 48
OG: 1.062
ABV: 6.5%
HOPS: El Dorado, Mosaic, Citra
MALT: Marris Otter, Vienna, Oats, Wheat

 

I kept a six pack and took the rest back. For an avowed dyed in the wool VB drinker this was an eye opener.

 

He liked it but when I told him the cost...

Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, PKay said:

Nice gift. 

 

1 hour ago, Luc said:

That's an absolutely lovely gift! Vintage to boot! Marvelous.

I guess when you reach half a ton people tend to go the extra yard. Yes, it was a very nice gift, and worth saving for a special occasion. We very much enjoyed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a long weekend, it justifies consecutive nights.....

 

I approached this one with some trepidation. It had been on several moves, been cellared well and not so well over time. I wasn't expecting much, even anticipated pouring the thing out. I let it breath for about 4 hours.

 

It actually surprised on the upside. A little bit of bricky colour, but still plenty of red. Past its absolute best, but still a very enjoyable drink with plenty of fruit flavour. For a 25 year old wine with dodgy history, it was a cracka!

 

 

20191005_170747.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luc said:

Rolls Royce taste on a mini minor budget trust me! The Vintage Port was a gift too from a bloke I did a rockwall for.

 

*I'm not a snob, but a bloke earlier this year was really happy with a long difficult trench I'd dug and then backfilled and tidied his yard up so he'd hardly know an mini excavator had been in...(cough). Anyway, end of the day we had a beer and he wanted to give me a slab of beer I was like; Umm, Vitamin B? I don't drink it.

tenor.gif.0c9ee63b20806e476dbe3c6ac49cac04.gif

 

Was getting late in the day

856862691_tumblr_npwg3fOGyk1u1qld9o1_400Smiths.gif.641953c8476b865590679203645fdbee.gif

 

A said, how about I knock 60 off the bill and you give me the $45 for the slab of VB and I'll come back with a proper slab of beer?

 

image.png.c180bff973760441c87c9fee1da7cb47.png

 

CoConspirators_Matriarch_tapdecal_web_55

The Matriarch

IBU: 48
OG: 1.062
ABV: 6.5%
HOPS: El Dorado, Mosaic, Citra
MALT: Marris Otter, Vienna, Oats, Wheat

 

I kept a six pack and took the rest back. For an avowed dyed in the wool VB drinker this was an eye opener.

 

He liked it but when I told him the cost...

Haha!

I'll have to find some and give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PKay said:

I'll have to find some and give it a try.

Their website>>>>>>  Click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just hanging around at Adelaide airport waiting for our flight back home.

 

Forgot I took these snaps from yesterday’s lunch at Coates Wines with our very own @DRC and his lovely partner and chef extraordinaire Rebecca. 

 

The winery is located in a very special part of the Adelaide hills above Maclaren Vale,with absolutely stunning views of rolling vineyard hills from the dining table.

 

Highly recommended, both the wines and the cellar door experience.

0DEA0E5D-B4E7-49AA-9FA5-24621998E520.jpeg

75E78EC9-F0C9-4519-A0FD-B538BCAA685E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My moxed order arrived couple of weeks ago but have been unwell, finally can open the box.

20191006_184118.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Misterioso

Toolangi Estate - Pauls Lane Chardonnay 2018

Just had this with seafood - delicious

image.thumb.jpg.04c3b0b91bf1063551bb271e9fc59faf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 03/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, Zammo said:

 


You shook a gin martini!emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji6.png

 

actually no, i just put the top on the shaker to pour it. easy that way and otherwise the Mrs asks question about why only use half the shaker and  then the strainer and why is the music up and....   

 

 

Edited by wasabijim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...