andythiing

currently drinking

Not a pure tube guy, I do have a SS phono too, some music do need a SS. And I still have a sacd player for s9me background music.

I thought you were a purely valve man. Can’t believe your wife bought Solid State ice cubes. I think you need ice tubes instead.

Yes I think so too, it is getting better over an hour. However 1/3 of the bottle is gone...

Very nice Dennis, I found it needs a couple of hours to really show it’s best....

17 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Yes I think so too, it is getting better over an hour. However 1/3 of the bottle is gone...

The old disappearance trick heh....:hiccup

A few quiet ones talking about the good old days with good friends....

F06F5563-CC0F-47B0-8729-336EFEBCD59C.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Haven’t had this one for a while. Once more while in Chile I drank Californian wines. Quite light and also once again another good dinner wine. Got a few years on it so would imagine for a cheap wine it’s at its peak right now. 

P.S. potatoes from Langwarrin. 

DD1C542C-A8B5-4141-B05E-C71FF4C3227C.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston

Another lovely wine from Spain. 

0962410E-BDAD-494E-911D-AFE883F551E5.jpeg

February, a good month. Back to the old faithful. In this case not so old. Ok for a bottom feeder like me. Wyndham or Taylor’s usually cheap but drinkable. I would treat an open cut with it though. 

P.S. lemon from Mount Matha. 

24063AE0-AF2F-474A-9FBC-33DB8CB4E1B5.jpeg

17de5a9ff7579b6054ba218711e9eadf.jpgthis is a pretty good drop. lots of berries in the mouth. Very light as well but with a bit of spice.

On cooking duties tonight so some cooking wine is in order.

Great bargain Langhe Nebb...

401AF7AF-10B2-4E99-B435-4FFA3F0624AC.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mendes said:

On cooking duties tonight so some cooking wine is in order.

Same.

Made a pasta dish with meat leftovers and fresh veg and crumbled  pork crackling over the top of bowls once served.

* I looked this up...wow! Very nice. I've never tasted it😭

"Paolo Scavino is one of the true modernist winemakers of Piedmonte, a region that is already known for producing some of the most iconic reds in the world. The 2014 Nebbiolo from his vineyard in Langhe is super fresh, and much more approachable than the classic styles you would traditionally see from this region (Langhe's neighbouring towns include Barolo and Barbaresco - famed for the same varietal that often requires upwards of seven years to mature before drinking).

Paolo's Nebbiolos are generally soft, delicious and elegant, and this particular drop gives all of those whilst still being lively and full of refreshing acidity. Grapey tannins are matched with earthy aromas of red fruits like sour cherry and ripe strawberry and a hint of mushroomy truffle. Notes of dried blood, charcuterie, and a little bit of spice...  I love it.

This wine is diverse in the way that it drinks, and pairs brilliantly with a wide variety of foods.  For a low-key evening, something as simple as a hard cheese (think Pecorino). The lovely, refreshing acidity of the Nebbiolo rinses the palate of the crumbly cheese and again brings richness and texture to the palate with plenty of tannins.  If you're really looking to impress, slow-cooked, spiced pigeon (maybe some shaved truffles on top for good measure) will bring justice to a bottle of the caliber. 

A unique drop that even the most cynical of red drinkers will be looking top-up.

**Drank the cooking wine so used some homemade stock to make up for the lack thereof in the pasta sauce. Yet again Jacob failed to infuse my dish.

As she doesn't drink red wine she never noticed the cunning swap.

5 minutes ago, Luc said:

Same.

Made a pasta dish with meat leftovers and fresh veg and crumbled  pork crackling over the top of bowls once served.

* I looked this up...wow! Very nice. I've never tasted it😭

"Paolo Scavino is one of the true modernist winemakers of Piedmonte, a region that is already known for producing some of the most iconic reds in the world. The 2014 Nebbiolo from his vineyard in Langhe is super fresh, and much more approachable than the classic styles you would traditionally see from this region (Langhe's neighbouring towns include Barolo and Barbaresco - famed for the same varietal that often requires upwards of seven years to mature before drinking).

Paolo's Nebbiolos are generally soft, delicious and elegant, and this particular drop gives all of those whilst still being lively and full of refreshing acidity. Grapey tannins are matched with earthy aromas of red fruits like sour cherry and ripe strawberry and a hint of mushroomy truffle. Notes of dried blood, charcuterie, and a little bit of spice...  I love it.

This wine is diverse in the way that it drinks, and pairs brilliantly with a wide variety of foods.  For a low-key evening, something as simple as a hard cheese (think Pecorino). The lovely, refreshing acidity of the Nebbiolo rinses the palate of the crumbly cheese and again brings richness and texture to the palate with plenty of tannins.  If you're really looking to impress, slow-cooked, spiced pigeon (maybe some shaved truffles on top for good measure) will bring justice to a bottle of the caliber. 

A unique drop that even the most cynical of red drinkers will be looking top-up.

**Drank the cooking wine so used some homemade stock to make up for the lack thereof in the pasta sauce. Yet again Jacob failed to infuse my dish.

As she doesn't drink red wine she never noticed the cunning swap.

The bottle was open at noon wst.....needs good amount of air time..:thumb:

Posted (edited)

Regular service has been restored.

C5409095-7BAA-45B5-804F-1E1001129C07.thumb.jpeg.20fdc27732b22bb37f795accc8d4a9e5.jpeg

Edited by audiohippo

Posted (edited)

Darling is out with girlfriends so home alone tonight with the cat.

Time to warm up the toobs, grill some steak, finish of this WA Cabernet and going to make a start on this Bruno Clair Village Gevrey-Chambertin.

Could be a long night...😎

D70F24C0-9D0F-43B9-BC7F-F99426DF2A44.jpeg

9607A5AF-C655-4BDF-8C5E-D9EF0B7B9BAB.jpeg

Edited by Mendes