andythiing

currently drinking

Tonight is Little Creatures Bright night for me.

Little_Creatures_Bright_L.jpg

I note with pride that a large percentage of beverages being consumed and touted are South Australian brewed or fermented.

Drinking now:D

5.jpg

nice choice HG - despite me owning an XP I have to admit you have good tatse!

FCAB-BLUE-03-750ML.gif

Just got the pre-release 2006 vintage yesterday and drinking now ... oh sweet mary .. whilst listening to some of Bach' Cantata's ... i could have a heart attack now and die on this very seat i am sitting on and be very happy. :) .. How freakin morbid i hear you say ... yes perhaps .. but life is like that ... lol .. maybe i have had too much to drink??

A nice drop this one.

mannsbrownale.jpg

Perth ed - that looks the goods - must try it

Got the old cheap tellw tail Shiraz - 2007 @ $8 cant go wrong for a quaff

Also bought a 2005 Jacobs Creek RESERVE Cab Sav for $13 - now thats a bargain - saving that for mid week when I have 3 days holiday - woo hoo

Tonight's wines (in front of a good listening session with the 'Logans)

[ATTACH]7089[/ATTACH]

........and next week's........(maybe) - It pains me to buy non-Australian, but this is one of my favourites from the good 'ol USA.

[ATTACH]7090[/ATTACH]

Edited by amey01

Hi Andy,

I just 'discovered' the Mann's last night ... and went back this afternoon and invested in a dozen ($65, 500ml bottles). To me it's like a light stout rather than a brown ale, but no complaint. I normally go for full strength beers but this one (2.8%) is tastey.

Regards,

Ed

Id quaff at AMEY 01 any time- hell cheap flight to QLD on virgin and its his shout - nice drop

37.jpg

A nice PAxtons Jones Block 2005 Shiraz.(black label not white)... first of the dozen before i lay some down

Mike nice drop - you guys are making me thirsty - **** this yellow tail is tasing funny all of a sudden like its gone bad - nothing "grange" or paxton "like" about it

Id quaff at AMEY 01 any time- hell cheap flight to QLD on virgin and its his shout - nice drop

The Scarpantoni is actually from down your way - McLaren Vale.

Well its my 26th today and my wife bought me a 20ltr Port Keg... Right before winter, so that should provide many nice nights in front of the fire, stereo on softly and a very nice drop to wash it all down :D

Oh and I have to get the name of the wine, but we had a VERY nice 1986 bottle at my friends house a couple weeks ago. Probably the nicest red I have every tasted. Took us 20min to get the cork out as it kept crumbling but the motivation was there :D At $50/bottle though you would want it to be good.

2006 good drinking at $12jacobsreserveshiraz.jpg

Bit pricey, but nice taste.....havn't ever seen one of these packs, must be in USA only........[ATTACH]7186[/ATTACH]

cheers

John

Opened up this bottle tonight. don't let the 10yrs fool you. this is a fantastic whisky and at 55.7% has a nice little kick.

1009616x.jpg

also had a few glasses of balvenie double wood which seems to have become my every night whisky.

balvenie_doublewood.jpg

Tonight's wines (in front of a good listening session with the 'Logans)

[ATTACH]7089[/ATTACH]

........and next week's........(maybe) - It pains me to buy non-Australian, but this is one of my favourites from the good 'ol USA.

[ATTACH]7090[/ATTACH]

And where are you getting the Caymus from!!?? Didn't know they were available in Oz. And is that a Cakebread I spy in the rack?

IMG_1430_a.jpg

Trying out this cheap Tall Trees wine - Im drinking the 2005 Shiraz - at $7 a bottle this is great value drinking IMHO.

Just a couple quiet drinks of this

wildturkeyamericanhoney200.jpg

On the rocks of course :(

[ATTACH]7283[/ATTACH]

Just sipping some port from my keg. Very smooth. Refilled it a few weeks ago and the new port has blended quite nicely with the syrupy stuff that was left in the bottom of the keg. Mmm, time for another one.

Well its my 26th today and my wife bought me a 20ltr Port Keg... Right before winter, so that should provide many nice nights in front of the fire, stereo on softly and a very nice drop to wash it all down :(

Indeed it should, your wife is a very astute woman! Have you decided which port to fill it with yet? Kies winery at Lyndoch make some very nice keg port. I've just refilled my 9 litre keg with it.

When I first bought my keg, I kept topping it up with any port I could find. That didn't really turn out too well though. The taste kept changing but it never really developed any smoothness. So, after a while I emptied it and decided to just keep on topping it up with one brand of port. That has worked out quite well, its really tasting good now.

Yet another SA wine:) ... Taylors Shiraz Viognier 2006 ... Not currently, but recently picked up for $13.33 and enjoyed muchly. Will be seeking out a few more bottles of this.

121_pic_big_1.jpg

too much ohh my head

Now my mind is playing tricks on me - did I post that last message - help me Im losing my mind - and yes my head does hurt - I feel shite - I wont ever drink again - make this feeling go away.