Jump to content

andythiing

currently drinking

Recommended Posts

Cheeky Chardonnay 9a78a685fc6ebe2c9f5fa78cd1591cc1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Something different for a Sunday night

Neo

image.jpg

Edited by Neo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Neo said:

Something different for a Sunday night

Neo

image.jpg

Port..... a very underrated beverage :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was fortunate to visit Kopke port cellars in Porto a few years back, took a liking to their white port after an aperitif I'd had at a nearby bar, white port, ice and lemon, try it it works!

After sampling their current white port at their cellars, the old sales trick try the 20 year old! We bought a bottle, bargain at 35 euros, much more back in Oz!

 

https://kopke1638.com/store/category/port-wines/aged-tawny-white/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snared a bottle of this on special at Nicks. Apparently one of Appleton’s best. I’ve enjoyed the 21 year old, so this should be a treat.

6a62a83ff26ec3f8a813a56b230de4e3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hump day drinks and getting ready for Vinosphere here in Perth Saturday.

A couple of 16’s ....Tas and SA.......Very nice, see how they develop overnight.

 

04162535-36B6-4130-A94A-E51527CAFF99.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple of these yesterday over a steak lunch - exceptional
98fa32f92f5eaa47c08b0a5d27114b30.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve ordered a couple of these, released prior to the regular annual mailing list releases. It’s a one off from the 2015 vintage, exclusively from the original plantings. Bit ridiculously priced, but if the 2015 Quintet was anything to go by, should be extraordinary. Gary Walsh gave it a 98+, which is a pretty high score from him. Only around 650 bottles made. 5d6340fd18804bdecc0e534c2ba708e0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, Zammo said:

I’ve ordered a couple of these, released prior to the regular annual mailing list releases. It’s a one off from the 2015 vintage, exclusively from the original plantings. Bit ridiculously priced, but if the 2015 Quintet was anything to go by, should be extraordinary. Gary Walsh gave it a 98+, which is a pretty high score from him. Only around 650 bottles made. 5d6340fd18804bdecc0e534c2ba708e0.jpg

Yes, high praise from Gary Walsh....... he does not throw around 98's like Halliday....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mendes said:

Yes, high praise from Gary Walsh....... he does not throw around 98's like Halliday....

I agree, I tend to dismiss anything below 95 with Halliday, I have no idea why he has such a light touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PKay said:

I agree, I tend to dismiss anything below 95 with Halliday, I have no idea why he has such a light touch.

Yes, I find it both ways, I have tried wines that are clearly 96+ wines and he gives a mere 91 or 92 and then i try a Halliday 98 point wine and go WTF wine did he just try as i had it as a solid 94??

 

:emot-bang::hiccup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I haven’t tried a wine I find Vivino to be a more useful aid. I must remember to post my reviews as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I can't remember the last time I even bought a wine based on score if at all. I think I hunted down some Collector Shiraz when they won Wine of the Year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rockford said:

I can't remember the last time I even bought a wine based on score if at all. I think I hunted down some Collector Shiraz when they won Wine of the Year.

Collector Shiraz is well worth acquiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A J said:

Had a couple of these yesterday over a steak lunch - exceptional
98fa32f92f5eaa47c08b0a5d27114b30.jpg

Will look out for one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great weather for a red in Perth tonight🍷

06A9A03F-AB5E-46A6-85FB-72CBABCCCE02.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...